My Natural Gas Bill Is Tickin' Me Off

Starfighterpilot

Yesterday I Got my natural gas bill for last month.

The actual cost for the natural gas I used in July was $22.28. All of the friggin' charges added onto that cost brought the gas bill to $48.44. Damn near doubled it. :angry:

Something is drastically wrong here!! :angry: I have a feeling this is how these companies & the politiicians are keeping inflation low. Jack the price up with charges which are not taxable or included when calculating inflation.

The friggin' liars are playing a shell game with Americans.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

ask them how many times they are gona "connect " to your house,, once is plenty

did you know the phn company charge'd us all for haveing internet service for almost 20 yrs,,befor you had it $10 a month

Mind explaining the phone company thing a bit more? You made me curious.

reminds me of my power bills when I traveld a lot. On one bill I was only home for 2 days and I turned off the heat and how water the rest of the time. The power consumption was $1.35, but they charged me a minimum charge of $6. Add on the fees and the bill was almost $20, for 2 hot showers, 2 pots of coffee, 6 horus of TV and lights and an alarm clock.

solar panels are the way to go :hmm3grin2orange: at least that's what they are saying around here. Louisiana is giving a 12,500 tax break for installing these, residential and commercial. i have a guy coming out to the house monday to give me a quote. we'll see :rolleyes: i'm sure the first hurricane or tropical storm we have will destroy them but the installed price includes insurance. once again, we'll see :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i'll probably not bother with these as my total utility (water and electricity, no gas) bill for the year is roughly 1200 bucks

i just got back from sending almost $200 to my g-son for water deposit, thats the highest i have ever heard of , last time i was on city water the average bill s was like

$6 -12 a month

and my electric bill is always $400 durring the summer

DUDE I wish my water bill is that cheep. I have a huge freshwater lake almost in my back yard how can water be so much where I live. It's just me in my house, I don't shower long, I don't water a garder yard or flowers and my water bills have never been below 30 a month. Almost non of it is water usage. Then they make you pay a sewar bill and it's ususaly the same. They say it's bassed off your water usage and it's still 40 a month.

However my electric is like 30-40 a month unless I run the air (usualy between 2 weeks and a month a year)

Edited by jszucs

Yeah, whoo-wee!

I never had a natural gas bill to contend with, not till I moved to Wichita. Every place I had back in Texas was all electric. Anyway, I moved into this house when I moved to Wichita, and man, I thought gas was supposed to be the cheap way to heat your home!

I was wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I like it good and cold. Even still, keeping it just warm enough to keep me from slipping into a coma was running over a hundred dollars a month in the colder sections of winter. That means keeping the heat set about 65 or so.

The new place is all electric, considerably smaller, and insulated a little better, and it still runs me a hundred or so in the dead of winter for heat, and amazingly, a little less in the summer for air conditioning. The electric heaters in the apartment are nothing more than giant toasters, and are just about that efficient.

Oh well.

I could go on about the inordinate amount of taxes, fees, and what-have-you on the bill. All that crap costs more than the utility itself, and I think that borders on both extortion, and taxation without representation.

Tim

The new place is all electric, considerably smaller, and insulated a little better, and it still runs me a hundred or so in the dead of winter for heat, and amazingly, a little less in the summer for air conditioning. The electric heaters in the apartment are nothing more than giant toasters, and are just about that efficient.

Tim

Any converson of electricty to heat is one of the most inefficient ways to make heat.