721 hp conquest video

eipquest

did i miss some thing , not one of the guys passing thru here have drop'd a single bit of info about how to do anything, that i have ever read . :biggrinumbrella1:

good reason for that , you need to know what to do before you try

and pay close attention to what is said ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did i miss some thing , not one of the guys passing thru here have drop'd a single bit of info about how to do anything, that i have ever read . :biggrinumbrella1:

good reason for that , you need to know what to do before you try

and pay close attention to what is said ;)

What and who do you mean?

Yes i am the owner shoeing the car , and the car will out perform most on pump gas, Rob and I are easy to get along with we just can't stand someone hateing on us for what has cost us alot of money to learn. yes , there are some inperfections but i'll work them out after the car performs real well again. We have no problem giving any info on how to get there. We could put a mostly stock car that at least has pistons in the low 12's all day long and good in the 11's with a little spray,You'd be shocked how easy and cheap.

Great numbers.

I am interested in your recommendation for the 12 sec car mentioned above, in particular what pistons and compression ratio.

Thanks

Man, robs been helping me for a while. Anytime I asked I received. The guy may be too busy to just keep laying info out on this site only to have it thrown back in his face like so many others. Heck, he did throw a big wrench in everything we thought when he dropped this vid.

Yeah does anyone know how long it kept the record? That was in the 80's with a mirage right? (just guessing)

And i guess up until the 90's it was the fastest?

It was about 1999 and the record was 7.48 by torres "sakura"I was at atco raceway in new jersey when he made one of his record breaking passes 98 or so we had some head gasket issues and he invited me and Chris into his trailer and he was not hesitant about telling us information and showing us internals of the spare engine's, but the new record is a 99 mitu eclipse 6.98 Brent Rau with a 4g63 .

Edited by eipquest

for most of these guys what they realy need is a timeing curve chart , one that is

able to fit diff boost levels and turbo sizes , lots of diff engine set ups so one curve won't fit all , it's the one area that most have to learn the hard way or stay so conserviative that they miss out on lots of power

Ok, let me set the record straight. I am amazed at the fact you got so much from the g54b, I'm so happy that I posted the link on my local board. So I'm sorry for getting people all upset, I think rank over reacted, so I in turn over reacted. Whatever. I'd still like to know what fuel you used, and what psi?

Jinx: You have so much infinite wisdom to share that I want to build a car just like yours. I want numbers just like the ones you have posted. Oh wait, my bad. You have never posted any numbers yourself, or shared any experiences of your own. Who are you to talk about people sharing numbers that your superior knowledge :rolleyes: deems adequate?

I will say that I am one who does care about these cars getting positive recognition because they offer more for less with looks to kill with no cars that compare. I have a feeling there are others on this site that feel the same way. Please remember that your opinion is just that. Your idea of fun is a crapbox frame on wheels with a hair dryer. Nothing wrong with that, more power to ya, but please don't compare a POS like that with a StarQuest, and above all, don't try to convey that there is anything wrong with building one. These cars receive a lot of respect all over the world because they deserve it from many aspects. Just because you think something is worthy, doesn't mean anyone else does.

Jinx: You have so much infinite wisdom to share that I want to build a car just like yours. I want numbers just like the ones you have posted. Oh wait, my bad. You have never posted any numbers yourself, or shared any experiences of your own. Who are you to talk about people sharing numbers that your superior knowledge :rolleyes: deems adequate?

I will say that I am one who does care about these cars getting positive recognition because they offer more for less with looks to kill with no cars that compare. I have a feeling there are others on this site that feel the same way. Please remember that your opinion is just that. Your idea of fun is a crapbox frame on wheels with a hair dryer. Nothing wrong with that, more power to ya, but please don't compare a POS like that with a StarQuest, and above all, don't try to convey that there is anything wrong with building one. These cars receive a lot of respect all over the world because they deserve it from many aspects. Just because you think something is worthy, doesn't mean anyone else does.

well said MR.C

Ok, let me set the record straight. I am amazed at the fact you got so much from the g54b, I'm so happy that I posted the link on my local board. So I'm sorry for getting people all upset, I think rank over reacted, so I in turn over reacted. Whatever. I'd still like to know what fuel you used, and what psi?

We used q16 vp fuel and 50 psi

Im courious to know the weight of the car and what was done to achive that weight?

btw that is amazing you get many props

Mine and Robs cars are very simular in wieght am about 2640 and he is just around 2700. It has bin awhile since we scaled them, but that should be close. Ever peice of un needed steel was removed, the door beem supports is one of the heaviest things removed but you have to be very carefull with a plasma cutter to not mess up the paint.

50 psi? So the car has an on-board air compressor for filling tires? Awesome. B)

I'm truly impressed by this build. Mostly by the fact that you guys could get the engine to hold up to that kind of power and make it reasonably usable.

Edited by Maxzillian

Tim C.

"recognition" did absolutely nothing for any of the 10+ SQ I've owned. Enjoyed 'em no less whatsoever. Cool, if it registers with whoever, however.

Who are you to talk about people sharing numbers that your superior knowledge deems adequate?

....and in typical fashion, when confronted with hard facts, instead of an intelligent reply of substance, your needle swings to full stupid, & u get all personal. Has nothin to do with u or me, speak to the topic.

There is a thread full of dynos & ETs of our quicker street cars, and not a single standout supporting your "hi rpm theory". That's right, so lets disregard all their hard work shared and take your word for it ;)

you've also been a staunch advocate of low boost, gonna lecture on 50psi next ?

EFFORT is where its at, NOT hi rpms.

Original poster owns the quickest street SQ by far, yet somehow, u with your slow pos has figured out somethin he couldn't, *by way of his extensive dyno & strip testing* ? Get friggin real, dude

Your idea of fun is a crapbox frame on wheels with a hair dryer. Nothing wrong with that, more power to ya, but please don't compare a POS like that with a StarQuest

more cheap shots ?

yep, a full weight daily driver (all AC pts intact) that is actually heavier than stock, yet considerably lighter than a full weight SQ. Comfort, ride, handling & brakes on par, superior praticality, yet handily outguns a similarly moded full wt SQ. Ya, why compare, a real pos it must be.... if u say so.

You've just demonstrated the main reason why I say 'recognition', perception, etc., is worthless.

These fast starquests run richmond boxes, welded diff or live axle swap, clever weight reduction (as mentioned earlier in the thread), etc.... Whatever it takes to get the job done. So what ?

While ur raggin on folks rides, go ahead & express your views on these items too!

Sooooo anyways, I want to see some racing of both him and robs car. Everyone here is drooling for some footage of red on the track while still swimming in their drip from the million viewings of robs 1 vid to ever surface years ago.

footage footage FOOTAGE FOOTAGE FOOTAGE

• 3 months later...