lightweight urathane motormounts

S.M.B

sup guys, another thing i want to get rid of is the sloppy cadilac motor mounts, im going to be building a lightweight but extremely strong urathane motor mounts for my car using these style urathane bushings encased in a round stock that will be welded to a bracket that will mount to the frame, then the bracket that bolts to the motor will slip over the urathane bushings with a single 1/2 bolt locking the two together. Is this something that u guys would be interested in aswell?

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/lowrider01mopar/P18359.jpg

Edited by S.M.B

I would be in for one. Sick of my engine rocking and the throttle body hitting the hood.

Just one for the driver's side though. I think 2 would vibrate my eyeballs loose on a street car.

Edit: Might want to put this in a different forum. Group purchase perhaps?

Edited by psu_Crash

Id be down for a driver side one as well. since thats the one thats fubar on my car.

depending on how much it ol be for the two of them, i woudnt mind getting both.

Daniel

The stock motor mounts do NOT allow your motor to hit the hood, if they do then there is a piece missing. One one side the plate that limits movement comes off and on the other its welded on. Because of the V arrangement there is no way that upper plate can get past that guard. As soon as it lifts up it hits it.

The sides keep the motor from moving as the upper plate hits the guard and the rolled top edge keeps the plate from going past and tearing the mount apart.

Over time heat and OIL rot a motor mount. Just get some replacement ones they are NOT supposed to be soft and starting to separate from the two plates.

if this is all you have then you have the wrong part

http://s3.amazonaws.com/monsoon/ykv5ooX-akEfeRFqJ7VCVA__/DEA-A2731/image1_o.jpg

left side, its actually the right side with the bolt for the turbo heat shield

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor-Mount...sQ5fAccessories

http://s3.amazonaws.com/monsoon/ykv5ooX-akEfeRFqJ7VCVA__/DEA-A6606/image1_o.jpg

but the other side mount that upper guard comes off and he does sell that mount but aftermarket welds it on too or you can just use two with the bolt on it won't matter otherwise they are the same

Edited by Indiana

The stock motor mounts do NOT allow your motor to hit the hood

I should elaborate on this. I put a 1" TB spacer on the Ford TB that I am using on my Magna. This gave me more room for the fuel return line from the FPR. After doing this the wheel that the throttle cable connects to would hit my hood when starting off causing the throttle to seemingly open on its own.

I do have the correct mounts installed and they are only about a year old with aprox 5k miles on them.

I should elaborate on this. I put a 1" TB spacer on the Ford TB that I am using on my Magna. This gave me more room for the fuel return line from the FPR. After doing this the wheel that the throttle cable connects to would hit my hood when starting off causing the throttle to seemingly open on its own.

I do have the correct mounts installed and they are only about a year old with aprox 5k miles on them.

Did you know you can rorate the FPR about 40* so the discharge points almost stright forward? I've done that on all my magnas since about 2004. Just put the FPR in a vice still attached to the rail and pull on the long end of the rail, the FPR hold down tabs twist/bend and the whole thing pivots on the FPR's rail connection. It's now pointing nearly forward and can sitll be taken off and put back on just as before, the bend tabs now stay where the thing points at a better angle. I've done ths to about 65-70 of them.

It looks like someone beat you to the punch SMB...

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95716

Youve got some great ideas and apparently enough experience to make them a reality. Im looking forward to seeing your suspension components.

yeah i know someone beat me but hes way overcharging...its only $40 in parts to build a pair of motor mounts and mine look exactly like his lol, even same material. i was gonna sell mine for only $100 a peice or $190 a pair. not $230 each.....if the other guy is readin this im not baggin on ya, you did a good job. just price is a lil high

QUOTE (S.M.B @ Aug 17 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah i know someone beat me but hes way overcharging...its only $40 in parts to build a pair of motor mounts and mine look exactly like his lol, even same material. i was gonna sell mine for only $100 a peice or $190 a pair. not $230 each.....if the other guy is readin this im not baggin on ya, you did a good job. just price is a lil high

i say go for it. make them and i'm sure people will buy them. i know i would, especialy at that price

• 4 months later...