SUPER CHEAP RARE CONQUEST

Pretty sure it wasn't a 90'...

All the 90's I've seen had the checkered cloth interior.

-Robert

to my understanding, any 1990 SQ would actually be an 89, but from Europe, as I believe titling laws are different over there, and the model year is wrote down as the year you buy the car. or was

in America, 1990 SQ DOES NOT EXIST

to my understanding, any 1990 SQ would actually be an 89, but from Europe, as I believe titling laws are different over there, and the model year is wrote down as the year you buy the car. or was

in America, 1990 SQ DOES NOT EXIST

Not quite on both counts!

01 - European laws do NOT change the year of the model of the car, upon registration (At least in the EU member countries). The car can be for example, a 2008 model VW GTI and be sold and registered in 2009, without affecting its original production model year. Just to be sure, before replying, I called an uncle of mine in Europe who owns both a Fiat/VW dealership, who confirmed this statement.

02 - A car produced in Nov/89 is usually sold as a 1990 model. For example, a Nov/87 produced Starquest would definitely be titled as a 1988 model car. Starions were produced well into 1990, until Mitsu was ready to begin the 1991 3000GT production. 1990 model Starions were available mainly in Japan and Europe. Many years ago, on Rt 46 in NJ, I noticed a used red TSi on a dealer lot with a big sign on its windshield stating 1990. Until then, I also believed that to be wrong, and asked to see the title, and much to my surprise, it clearly stated its model year as a 1990 Chrysler Conquest TSi. This car was red, SHP, MT and with black leather interior. Never seen another one since.

All the best,

Jms

Edited by Jms

Just 'cause it's titled as a 1990, doesn't mean it is a 1990 model year. Model years are specified in the VIN.

This same controversy came about with the 69/70 Camaro's. The body change over made the 70's come out late, and the 69's were built up until about March of '70, but they were all still '69 model years. A few dealers got sued over selling and titling them as 70's.

Just 'cause it's titled as a 1990, doesn't mean it is a 1990 model year. Model years are specified in the VIN.

This same controversy came about with the 69/70 Camaro's. The body change over made the 70's come out late, and the 69's were built up until about March of '70, but they were all still '69 model years. A few dealers got sued over selling and titling them as 70's.

You are correct. All you have to do is go to Car Fax or other place, type in the VIN and it'll tell you what the vehicle is without spending a penny.