JAinsworth

scotty

• 2 weeks later...

JAinsworth is simply the best....if anyone doesn't like it, well then too tough -- it's my opinion!!!  I have had nothing but the best experience with this guy and i don't understand why my recommendations keeps getting removed....

he's helped me out several times!!! thanks bro...much appreciated!

I have received two packages from JAinsworth:

Package one was an '89 ECU.  I don't recall the part number.  It was shipped before i sent payment sometime this year (last month - January) and it arrived in great condition.  All that he asked was for me to return the item in case i didn't like it before making payment.

Package two is an 88 ISC and 89 wiring harness.  I'm not sure of the part numbers either and i received it 02-19-2003.  I just sent payment for this item also (02-20-2003)  This is simply how the man operates and even though he could well run into an unscrupulous person, he continues to help people out.

he offered to ship me a part that i needed for my cylinder head.  will be going to look for this item at the parts store today 02-20-2003 (before i take him up on his offer if i hit rock bottom).  I'll supply the part number if i am lucky on here.

I also did some business with JAinsworth. I bought an 88-89 flywheel from him last Nov. He gave it to me for an exceptional price. I would've been stupid to say no to that price! I sent him the money and he sent the flywheel with no delay and kept me posted with a tracking #. I would definately recommend doing business with him. He is a great person to do business with as well as a really great person in general.... He is friendly and helpful...

Thanks, Jimmy...

Mike F.

Ditto. Jimmy sent me a primary injector and washer fluid basket, and wouldn't let me pay him what I was prepared to pay, insisting I pay less. On top of that, when I needed a headlight switch, he sent one out and never asked for a price.

People like that don't come around very often.

Jess

ive had very good experience with him also. i bought an accordian boot, a mirror switsh and panel, and an ac control. all these pieces were in excellent shape and he gave me a super deal. we agreed on the accordian boot and i sent payment , then before he could ship it to me(over a weekend) i asked about the ac control and mirror switch, he just put them into  the box with the accordian boot and told me we would settle up after i checked to see if they worked. he didnt have to do this, but im very appeciative  that he did. thanks alot .

• 2 weeks later...

definitely in agreement with you guys.......i posted some problems with my car and JAinsworth helped me and is in the process of sending me a service manual CD-ROM

free of charge!!!!!!!!!! very helpful. thanks alot Mr Jimmy!!!!!!!!!

-chris

he sent me rear rotors on monday and they were at my house on wedsneday in beautiful shape at an exceptional price! also sent me a manual on cd for free. I would recomend him to anyone. And hope to do more business with him myself

burton

What a great guy!!!!!

Out of the kindness of his heart, helping a fellow starquester out, JAinsworth sent me some rim center caps for no charge!! I really appreciate this and if you ever need a favor man you got it!! ;D ;D 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
best guy in the world,needed help on how to work on quest sent me at no cost manual and parts on cd.didnt know me from adam and talked for hours with me by phone to get me going on my prject.#1 enthusist

Definitely a great guy. He offered a nice solid Starquest body to me for free and I just had to pick it up. I had some unfortunate circumstances with my truck and cancelled appointments wih him a few times, but he stayed patient through it all and due to problem with my truck/trailer I never was able to pick iot upa nd had to turn it down, but he was very generous and patient and the best person to deal with.

Big THANKS to Jimmy.

He sent me a service CD, and sent along a parts manual CD, as well.  All for free.  The guy's great to deal with, I would highly recommend him to anyone.

In the tradition of Jimmy's free CD giveaway, I bought a pack of CDs and burnt them all, copies of the two CD's that Jimmy sent me, at the last TSC meet, and handed them out gratis.....free of charge....for the asking.

Thanks, Jimmy.

Tim

• 4 months later...

I want add my praises for Jimmy.   I was considering buying another Starion, about 40 miles away from his house (100+ from mine). He offered to meet me there to look at the car, but I convinced the seller to meet us at Jimmy's.  He crawled all over and under that car, did compression and vacuum checks, and gave me a list of potential problems.  His hard work helped me to negotiate a better price.  He spent at least 3 hours looking at the car and he would accept no money for his services.  I even took home some extra parts for my other cars...

Then, since I have to be out of town for two weeks (business), he offered to keep the car at his house.  He says that he and his brother (Wayne) will tinker with some of the smaller problems, and get it running even better - WOW!

You are the best!

Thanks, Jimmy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jimmy is the man...plain and simple.  I posted a topic in the VM forum about a part # for the washers that go on the turbo(for the turbo coolant lines) and he offered to look for some around his place and he sent them to me for FREE as well as a copper washer for the oil feed line, and copies of the parts manual and 88 service manual on CD's all for free.  This guy is one heck of a great guy and I would do anything I could to help him out in return.  

Thanks so much Jimmy.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, where to start?  I first met Jimmy at a Starquest meet in Northeast Atlanta,  when I was looking to purchase a Starquest.  Before owning a Starquest, Jimmy sent me a CD-Rom Mitsubishi repair manual when I was considering my purchase.

Since owning my Starion, I have gotten the following parts from Jimmy: interior trim piece, one 16x7 front wheel, 1988 transmission, and some Starquest pictures (framed).  He has always been honest in his transactions with me, and I even sold him the engine out of my Starion with no problems at all.  Jimmy is definitely a great member of the Starquest community!  Thanks Jimmy, for everything!

Jimmy's the GREATEST....

Several months ago I needed to have the oil and filter changed in my Quest and Jimmy told me to drive it to his house and he'd service it and check it out for me. I took my K&N air and oil filters and oil and he changed them all and fixed my horn and found the bad alarm horn, etc. He then test drove it to see how it was running. When I arrived at his house, I found a couple of other StarQuest enthusiasts there. Wayne and Mike. I got my Quest serviced, fixed and had the best company of all; fellow StarQuestors.  It was a fabulous day. Got pictures and posters to prove it.

Jimmy liked my Quest so much that when I had to sell it to move to FL, he bought it from me and he and Wayne came up to Duluth , GA to pick it up.

I'd go to the ends of the Earth for Jimmy anytime. Super guy, super family, Super Quest-a-holic.

Dave

Jimmy is one of those people you can count on in a bind.  He surely helped me.

I needed a passing relay bad and he offered to send me one, out of the blue!!!  He didn't know me from Adam yet he offered to send me one with nothing in return.  He pulled one out that evening and sent it promptly in the mail so quickly while I was still reeling from such a kind gesture.  It's unbelievable of what some people do, Jimmy's one of those people that give you a taste of that unbelievable gesture.

Thank you!

MANGO

• 4 weeks later...

Jimmy OWNS!!!

Just a while ago i listed some parts i needed one being the metal skid plate that is under the belts and protects the intercooler..

i left mine at my old APT in PA so figured i would get one..

Jimmy sent me it totaly free, talk about some killer help.. the box is big to didnt even ask for shipping just said "on the way"

;D

Jimmy is a great perons to have on the boards