Star-Orion Oil Cooler Lines**PRICES POSTED**

jolyrgr

I have FINALLY heard back from the manufacturer, and received the pricing breakdown on the previously posted lines

Any one kit will replace both of the factory hard/rubber lines from the oil manifold to the oil cooler and return.

FULL KIT 2 EXAMPLE

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5363/oilcoolerlines2.jpg

Kit one(represented by the line below in silver) does so with clear or colored cover on stainless steel braided Teflon -6 line and -6an to banjo fittings on both lines, with the appropriate washers and new banjo bolts.

Kit two (represented by the line in black)has the same high quality line, in the same lengths, but with one banjo and one 90 degree -6 crimped on end going to a steel adapter. The ends are "interchangeable" so that you can flip the 90 degree fitting to either the oil cooler end, or the oil manifold end. This also has all the needed bolts and washers

Kit three(represented by the line in red) is once again the same length of high quality line, but with a 90 degree crimped on both ends of both lines. Just like the other offerings, all the needed fittings and washers for installation are included.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1291/oilcoolerlines01.jpg

The regular pricing for these is as follows (in US $). All kits include 48 state shipping:

KIT 1 $155.00

KIT 2 $151.00

KIT 3 $148.00

THESE KITS ARE NOT YET IN STOCK, as I am just getting the offering going, but they will be available in CLEAR, RED, BLACK, AND BLUE (not pictured, back-ordered at the time of pictures). Banjo fittings in silver or blue.

A Group purchase can be set up for these if there is enough interest. We would need at least 15 orders (regardless of kit or color) to make discounts available.

Contact myself or UlrichWolf for payment details. PayPal and Postal Money Orders accepted.

JR

edited for clarity.

Edited by jolyrgr

I'm interested.

Could you post pics of each kit when you get 'em. I'm a little confused by the verbage.

KIT 2 is fully represented in the first pic. This has a clear cover and silver banjo fittings.

In the second pic...I took a line from each kit.

KIT 1 in in silver(one blue banjo, one silver. This kit will have the same color on both ends), KIT 2 is in black, KIT 3 is in red. Each kit has (2) lines and all the appropriate fittings and washers.

I hope this helps.

JR

Edited by jolyrgr

I think this is what i have been looking for. Are these the ones that connect to the housing on the Oil filter because i think mine are leaking so i was looking for some replacements. If so i am down for the clear SS style. What we need...Two, right?

I think this is what i have been looking for. Are these the ones that connect to the housing on the Oil filter because i think mine are leaking so i was looking for some replacements. If so i am down for the clear SS style. What we need...Two, right?

One kit will completely replace both lines. All I need to know is color and which ends you would like on the lines. The 3 different kits show the different hose end combinations offered.

JR

hey JR Ill take

Kit 3 in red please

I am sure kit 3 will flow better than kit 1 and 2 with the banjo bolts???

The new bolts have 3 cross holes in them instead of 2, so they should flow about the same. They will definitely flow better than stock.

JR

I'll be looking at a set of these if you do a GP after nats.

BTW YOU ARE THE DEVIL! Just when I think I'm done doing stuff to my engine, you've got to go and put something like this out.

Edited by Big Al

what is the reason for having the 90 degree fittings on some of the lines? and how come these are so much less expensive than the other ss lines like on ebay and tep?

thanks,

ben

The 90 deg fittings flow better than a stock banjo. the 3 hole banjo will probably be about the same as Jolyrgr stated. As for the pricing.....I dont know...all the lines I bought from him have been top notch thus far.

BC_99

what is the reason for having the 90 degree fittings on some of the lines? and how come these are so much less expensive than the other ss lines like on ebay and tep?

thanks,

ben

The different configurations are purely for trying to satisfy the needs/wants of everyone. Some like the flow characteristics of the 90 deg elbow over the banjo, while others like the ease of access the banjo provides. I just tried to cover all the bases.

As for the price, I like to think it is because we are less greedy than the others. :biggrinumbrella1:

Honestly, we do a lot of business with this company, and because of that we can get a decent deal on the lines. The main goal here is to provide quality at a cost effective level. There is just enough mark-up in the lines to cover the costs involved with handling and providing the product. Anything extra (LOL) typically goes into developing the next offering. Plus, what is the point in offering the same thing at the same price, if we can't benefit the community in some way, there is no use wasting everyone's time.

JR

(the prices can be raised if it would make you feel better) :hmm3grin2orange:

You keepin a count on this for a GP?

BC_99

I missed this the first time.

I was watching this for a few days to see if the interest was there for a gp. I talked to the manufacturer, and I can get a price break starting as low as 10 sets (regardless of color/style).

I will tally up tomorrow, and either send out PM on payment, or move to the GP section with a deadline.

If anyone is needing right away, let me know and I will get them coming immediately.

JR

The 90 deg end kit should come with fittings that screw into the stock ports and the 90 fittings screw onto those. Jolyrgr, correct me if Im wrong on that, they are -6 AN type fittings, correct?

Yes..if you look at the pic, you can see the adapter fittings. the fittings screw into the cooler/manifold and the 90 deg end screws onto that. The line and the fittings are -6.