recommend me a good BOV

eviper21

turbo xs rfl soooooooooo loud!

Hell yes.

RFL = Really F'n Loud

Get a real one, they sound the best compared to the fakies, and real ones should last longer too.

Urrrrrrreeebody stares or jumps out of the way(true story) when they hear me comin. My friend got pulled over by a cop because he heard it and thought he was shooting NOS and spinning the tires EVERY shift... LOL... yeah, accelerating up to 35!! And my friend drives like a grandma trying to save gas.

-Robert

I have a Greddy type R and it's big, but very quiet. I rode in 1989Quest's car yesterday, he's got the HKS bov that came with the TEP ovcp and it's a lot louder, plus when it opens just a bit, it has that high pitched sound.

its actually for my friends RX-8 turbo swap.......and when i get my quest running ima prolly throw the same on in there depending on how his works out lol.....i should tell him to get a 1G BOV and crush it hahaha

"It'll give you like 10hp over aftermarket BOV....but its all in how much you crush it !!!! " :biglaugha:

ne ways..... so im looking at:

HKS SSQV

Turbo XS

and Turbosmart (i love thier boost controllers but ive never heard any reviews of their BOV...that hybrid is dope tho)

another question.....are BOV's "universal" .... like they all use the same size adapter/bung type thing in the intake piping......and does the size matter (20m - 25mm, etc.)

I have a Greddy type R and it's big, but very quiet. I rode in 1989Quest's car yesterday, he's got the HKS bov that came with the TEP ovcp and it's a lot louder, plus when it opens just a bit, it has that high pitched sound.

Yeah, I am a big fan of it now that it is properly hooked up. The only downside is if you stomp the throttle and let the boost build, then quickly let off to about mid throttle it will blow off and the car will do the 'herky jerky' because of the metered air getting dumped to atmosphere. I imagine that any starquest with the stock air metering setup and a BOV suffers from this problem. I want to recirculate it to avoid this issue.

• 3 months later...

mine has a Turbo XS rfl on it, here is a short video of pdodson missing thrid gear at nationals when him and intercooled flatty took it for a spin.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/Branson%20Nationals/th_cyberquest.jpg

recent engine bay pic, yes i am running it non-intercooled in this pic from a recent off roading adventure taking out my intercooler.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/Nationas%20Trip/Picture024.jpg

its loud and it gets attention thats for sure, my favorite is the annoying cyclists that always make you swerve around them. it scares the crap out of them and most people walking down the street.

BUT, honestly as far as function, even being a name brand one it leaks like crazy around the piston, there is no real way for it to seal. sometime over the winter i am going to switch to a different style one so that it can be fed back into the system.

I was just looking at that too lol

:thread20jacked8wq: =p

Is that an illusion or do you really not have an intercooler?

recent engine bay pic, yes i am running it non-intercooled in this pic from a recent off roading adventure taking out my intercooler.

What happened to reading comprehension!?

Edited by Burton