Dual Exhaust on a 2.6l?

Szester

If he did then he didn't say anything. lol

Took me several days of working at it to get all the paint off. Now I have to figure out how to get paint to stick to it permanently this time.

that stuff to make it stick is called primer which i dont think they used with the repaint

i have a pattern here for a dual exhaust,it looked and fitted great but sounded very "John Deere",now replaced with a HKS. :)

Turbo Tractor.......................sounds scottish to me...

Turbo Tractor.......................sounds scottish to me...
Mpi tractor,I think Intercooled flatty has a video of it putt, putting away,sure can plough a field quick thou.

Mpi tractor,I think Intercooled flatty has a video of it putt, putting away,sure can plough a field quick thou.

I bet.....hehehe.....I use to have a 2 inch exhaust just straight pipe on my ol stock 87 and she sounded a beast for sure...What size pipe dide you use laddy

I bet.....hehehe.....I use to have a 2 inch exhaust just straight pipe on my ol stock 87 and she sounded a beast for sure...What size pipe dide you use laddy
3" all the way with tapering into 2.5 exit pipes,it looked very subtle but sounded like crap,"Hogging up the road in my pppplower,chug a lug a lug 5 miles an hour, on my International harvester"!. :hmm3grin2orange:

3" all the way down to the Magnaflow muffler if you might call it that sounds good, I also got a 3" resonator 18" long, cherry bomb looking thing Imma have put in where the cat used to be see if it sounds quieter or whatnot.. I also have a silencer in the tip off the Magna that did quiet the rumble down quite a bit but still sounds real good. :party0049:

• 2 months later...
a member TooDeep2dive use'd the 2 out let tail pipes from a new model north star cadilac , i didn't get under the car but he said every thing clear'd fine,, look'd killer theres pic some where in the gallery

I don't think his is a V8. I run dual exhaust also. 3" DP into a magnaflow with 2 x 2.5" outlets and a fabbed up rear end to make it look right. Not really difficult to do. Just went to the local shop with muffler and exhaust tips in hand. An hour later, dual exhaust. I'll have to grab a pic.

I don't think his is a V8. I run dual exhaust also. 3" DP into a magnaflow with 2 x 2.5" outlets and a fabbed up rear end to make it look right. Not really difficult to do. Just went to the local shop with muffler and exhaust tips in hand. An hour later, dual exhaust. I'll have to grab a pic.

I would be very interested in pictures! Especially if they show the routing under the car.

I can do that. I will tell you that I am not happy at all about the way the last shop did the routing though. I have very minimal clearance at the moment.

Going to another shop in the near future and having them do it right. I had at least 2 inches more clearance before the current setup.

pics in the AM

All stock green 1990 Starions came with duals from the factory. It also had MPI mighta been a 4g63 with a 6 speed. Still not a v motor... HMMMmmm... I saw someone selling a custom dual system for a starion don't remember when or ware. Didn't look like it fit well at all.

I can do that. I will tell you that I am not happy at all about the way the last shop did the routing though. I have very minimal clearance at the moment.

Going to another shop in the near future and having them do it right. I had at least 2 inches more clearance before the current setup.

pics in the AM

Ok.. look foward to it. I am just looking for some ideas on how to get there from here. I had considered doing this on my Starion years ago but backed out when it didn't look feasible. I'm ready to relook the whole idea.