Kuwait, Arifjan Deployment Update.

Minagera

As some of you know I am deploying to Camp Arifjan in Kuwait as a civilian contractor to make the big bucks and see another part of the world. Anywho today I just finished all the processing to speak of, well I have a day worth of powerpoint tomorrow, but everything that I had to get checked off was completed. I passed all my dental and medical. I received all my shots, even anthrax which I had a note for but they told me too bad. However I got out of smallpox because I have a 3 month old coming to see me Thursday, my son. Also today I was issued my $3700+ dollars worth of armor and supplies which I will never use seeing as I am going to be in Kuwait! So I get to lug 70 lbs of shiet across the Atlantic to leave in a corner for a year or two, then back across the Atlantic to unlock and dump out on their table. It is the military what can you expected. Also a term comes to mind to describe most of the cadre and contractors around here, and that term is 85. If you know what that means you watch horrible movies just like me.

So after tomorrow, if I am not dead from the boredom cause by 10 yes 10 hours of PowerPoint presentations, I am going to snap a few pictures to post up here.

Equipment List:

(2) Bag Duffel

(1) Body Armor OTV

(1) ESBI Carrier Assembly

(1)Kevlar Helmet

(1) First Aid Case Empty

Complete Five Piece Sleep System (complete load of BS)

-(1) Sleeping Bag Regular

-(1) Bivy Cover Regular (no clue what it is for)

-(1) Sleeping Bag (X-Long)

-(2) Stuff Sack (Literally to stuff the sleeping bags in)

(1) Digital Camo Helmet Cover

(1)Groin Armor Piece (Not effective to stop bullets from your junk, merely to show the medic that a bullet went into your junk)

(2) Sholder Armor Piece

(2) Side Chest Armor Piece

(1) Chemical Mask (Gask Mask, "Are you my Mummy?")

Your, and my, Tax dollars at work right there.

That is all for now.

Edited by Minagera

We demand pics of you with all that stuff on. THEN one of you with all that stuff on, while in you sleeping bag.

..or perma-ban!

Well left the states today at 1:33pm CST from Fort Benning, GA and I arrived at Shannon, Ireland at 9:34pm CST. We wait here for 2-3 hours and then fly out to Kuwait International. We have to wait until the Kuwait International to open up before we can leave, but we should have another 6 hours or so of trip when we leave here.

Fun Fun.

best of luck man. hope all is well and you get to see a little without any troubles.

p.s. is the family with you? i never heard for sure they were coming or not.

No his family is not is not with him right now, but will be going over there in about 2 months.

We are now is a run down hotel, the wifi is crazy slow. The only nice this is the hot meal and shower that is a temperature just about the bodies 98.6*

in other words you miss home already

well minagera bank money. is this your first time as a contractor if it is, I just let you know you will be fine. As a contractor u dont have to worry about anything u will be banking money. u will be bored and u are in kuwaitt! yeah u will be safe camp arifjan is as safe as being back home and u can sometimes go to the city which is like 10 minutes from there and its a huge city and very nice i have been there before. now im in Iraq but im a soldier not a contractor be cool and dont get cought doing anything wrong or it will be ur last. just do what u have to do and keep ur nose clean.

how are you liking it so far?

Kuwait isn't bad really. I mean aside from it being hot, and today was decent at 101*, just waiting to get to my duty location.

Bring back some sand

Why would you want sand? I mean it gets places!

well minagera bank money. is this your first time as a contractor if it is, I just let you know you will be fine. As a contractor u dont have to worry about anything u will be banking money. u will be bored and u are in kuwaitt! yeah u will be safe camp arifjan is as safe as being back home and u can sometimes go to the city which is like 10 minutes from there and its a huge city and very nice i have been there before. now im in Iraq but im a soldier not a contractor be cool and dont get cought doing anything wrong or it will be ur last. just do what u have to do and keep ur nose clean.

Yup that is what everyone is telling me. Just to chill and bank the money. Probably looking at staying longer if I land one of the senior positions. This is my first overseas contract with the military, ITT, and honestly it isn't that bad here. I mean it was 101* today, which is cool BTW to all you who don't know, but it is livable.

Anywho MWR time is up, in a few hours I will be at Arifjan.