Offshore Tax Havens

Dcrasta

Everyone screaming about 'No more new taxes' but how about paying what is owed?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/o...a_n_186640.html

Just a little food for though. At least now the atmosphere in the country is more conducive to taking a look at these 'loopholes' that the wealthy have used for years (Decades).. (Note to self, someone making less than 250k per year probably doesn't even have a need to take advantage of these little cracks in the tax code...)

How is the Tea party going? Too bad not one tea-bagger mentioned anything about this sort of abuse...

Just a little food for though. At least now the atmosphere in the country is more conducive to taking a look at these 'loopholes' that the wealthy have used for years (Decades).. (Note to self, someone making less than 250k per year probably doesn't even have a need to take advantage of these little cracks in the tax code...)

How is the Tea party going? Too bad not one tea-bagger mentioned anything about this sort of abuse...

once again,you are so full of Obama you missed the whole tea bag thing

dude,it wasn't about republicans or democrats..it was about taking back your country from the corrupt politicians.Esp on the taxes we pay.

How about you open your eyes and see what is goign on instead of doing hat you accuse me and other people of?The image in the mirror may frighten you...you are what you call us to be.

Let me say this again

The Tea Bag parties were for both parties to rally against the government and their failed tax policie and their failed agendas.

As far as loopholes,i see no difference than the low incomes who pay no taxes and then have enough kids to get back 10,00 bucks every year.Howe many people fall into the lower income and get money back?how much taxes does the govenment lose?

Now,that is one helluva loophole.

They should just fair tax it all.

Holy crap... we agree in somethiing

Fair tax, based on a national sales tax evens the score from the lowest person on the income chart to the highest corps. It will take a few years for it to catch itself but the score would be completely settled on the tax code issues.

Potentially a little off topic here, but I've got a lady friend who's got a young son. She works part time 3-4 days a week 5 hours a night. The job started late last summer. Prior to that she'd been unemployed for more than a year. She got back some $5k on her taxes. Now I know how tough it is on a single parent home, I came from one, but I certainly don't remember my mom getting a chunk of cash like that every year. Something's gotta be done about the freeloaders, both domestic and illegals.

I do see Bank of America on that list. They need run out of the US anyway. A few years back they announced they were going to start giving credit cards to people who didn't have SSN's. In other words...illegals. So they're giving credit to people they can't track. Who pays for it when they default? We do, in the form of higher interest rates and fees. I've spread the word to everybody I know about their practice. Oddly enough, the same part-timer lady friend of mine got the shaft last year from BOA. They screwed something up in her checking account, charged her for a batch of overdrafts because of it, then wouldn't reimburse her when she called them on their mistake. The idiot's still banking there, go figure. Maybe she just held out for the free money from her tax return to pay the fees, lol.

Potentially a little off topic here, but I've got a lady friend who's got a young son. She works part time 3-4 days a week 5 hours a night. The job started late last summer. Prior to that she'd been unemployed for more than a year. She got back some $5k on her taxes. Now I know how tough it is on a single parent home, I came from one, but I certainly don't remember my mom getting a chunk of cash like that every year. Something's gotta be done about the freeloaders, both domestic and illegals.

I do see Bank of America on that list. They need run out of the US anyway. A few years back they announced they were going to start giving credit cards to people who didn't have SSN's. In other words...illegals. So they're giving credit to people they can't track. Who pays for it when they default? We do, in the form of higher interest rates and fees. I've spread the word to everybody I know about their practice. Oddly enough, the same part-timer lady friend of mine got the shaft last year from BOA. They screwed something up in her checking account, charged her for a batch of overdrafts because of it, then wouldn't reimburse her when she called them on their mistake. The idiot's still banking there, go figure. Maybe she just held out for the free money from her tax return to pay the fees, lol.

Thats not a lot of money if you are working part time, single parent . U figure she probably makes less than 30k a year and is raising a son. Dont know the specifics but at least she is working not collecting public assistance.

BTW, I didnt mention Obama until now. Someone got a hard-on for the President.

once again,you are so full of Obama you missed the whole tea bag thing

dude,it wasn't about republicans or democrats..it was about taking back your country from the corrupt politicians.Esp on the taxes we pay.

How about you open your eyes and see what is goign on instead of doing hat you accuse me and other people of?The image in the mirror may frighten you...you are what you call us to be.

Let me say this again

The Tea Bag parties were for both parties to rally against the government and their failed tax policie and their failed agendas.

As far as loopholes,i see no difference than the low incomes who pay no taxes and then have enough kids to get back 10,00 bucks every year.Howe many people fall into the lower income and get money back?how much taxes does the govenment lose?

Now,that is one helluva loophole.

They should just fair tax it all.

First of all.

1- No one until you mentioned President Obama. Get over it he isnt the focal point of every political discussion.

2- My eyes are open enough to consider sharing this information with you and everyone else that is ready to read. I didnt attack you and I resent you turning this into another opportunity to attack me or the President. Notice I did not mention anyone in this thread specifically. All this paranoid ranting about looking into mirrors and being something I'm calling someone to be is irrational and shows me maybe you need meds or something (vacation , bed rest, a friend..)

3- If you see no difference between a tax loophole that allows a large business or wealthy person to evade paying billions in taxes a year vs some people that make next to nothing but dont pay or people that get legitimate tax refunds to offset the cost of supporting their family then you are revealing more about your self (and the fact that you probably did not even bother to read before shooting your mouth off as usual) than you probably would like to admit.

So go run under a rock or troll somewhere else if you intend to continue to attack me personally (and telling me to open MY eyes is a personal attack in my book) .

In other words, go get stuffed

Holy crap... we agree in somethiing

Fair tax, based on a national sales tax evens the score from the lowest person on the income chart to the highest corps. It will take a few years for it to catch itself but the score would be completely settled on the tax code issues.

There have been Presidential candidates on both sides of the party lines suggest a "flat tax" as it were. Basically, your federal taxes (somewhere between 13-17% of annual income) could be figured on a 3"x5" note card and sent in. Believe it or not, under most models the general public would pay LESS total taxes and not effect the bottom line negatively for the Fed. Just think...no need for I.R.S., no need for costly tax preparation, no need for new paperwork explaining (vaguely) the new codes and updated forms. Honestly, if everybody paid out of each paycheck a stated ammount regardless of salary, there would be no need for yearly income tax forms unless you had unreported income. How much money do you think that alone would save? No group could cry about the unfair treatment of the other in taxes anymore. Ya...I agree...far too simple for any government to ever understand (or exploit).

Main hurdle, special interest groups that lobby for the tax cuts and loopholes, and the 2 parties trying to get votes from a particular sector of the public. Dems want to draw in the "poor" while the Reps want to benifit the "rich"(this is an over simplification so no bashing please). Ironically, neither can agree on what the true definition of both words are in real terms. It is also argured that it would stiffle certian parts of the economy as the "tax breaks" would no longer be available (I.E. home loan interest, charitible donations, work expenses, medical bills, etc.).

Going to have to correct you on this one. Most people read or watched only wanted they wanted to hear on that. Now I am no fan of Bank of America but have to defend them on this. What they offered was a PRE-PAID credit card so in essense you are depositing money in Bank of America and they give you a card with your own money back. It ranges from $300 to $1500 I believe. So they didnt actually issue them credit and Bank of America made a killing off of them because they charge $49 annual fee and interest on their customers own money. So they paid interest on every purchase that was paid with their own money...its an ingenious was to scam people with no credit, bad credit or illegal aliens.

Bank of America got so much flack for it because people were missinformed like yourself.

Instead of trying to knock the "tea-bagger" for participating in something they believe in because they're utterly frustrated, try thinking about who is at these rallies and who decides what content of the sound bytes is "airable".

Then present yourself with a few reasons why "nobody mentioned it".

1. The people there are middle and lower class, and thus by your own reasoning "has no need to take advantage" and it is likely that it isn't on their mind. The have what, 10-15seconds of air time, even if they make the cut?

2. The people there are the wealthy elite, and are purposely misleading the populace so their secret remains a viable option for securing their monetary futures.

The mindset or focus of the rallies is about what the elected "leaders" are doing with our money, not about who isn't paying the goverment their share that will be squandered away.

I'm with you though, however I require someone else to head the change. How many elected officials have unpaid tax debts? And only when they get put in the limelight of a new position, do they "confess, and vow to pay what they owe."

Can't trust any of them.

How's that old saying go?

"You are who you are, when no one is looking."

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

Going to have to correct you on this one. Most people read or watched only wanted they wanted to hear on that. Now I am no fan of Bank of America but have to defend them on this. What they offered was a PRE-PAID credit card so in essense you are depositing money in Bank of America and they give you a card with your own money back. It ranges from $300 to $1500 I believe. So they didnt actually issue them credit and Bank of America made a killing off of them because they charge $49 annual fee and interest on their customers own money. So they paid interest on every purchase that was paid with their own money...its an ingenious was to scam people with no credit, bad credit or illegal aliens.

Bank of America got so much flack for it because people were missinformed like yourself.

I never heard it put that way. I just did a quick search (about 15 minutes) and all I could find was talk of a $99 deposit with a $500 limit. If you've got a link to something I'm not seeing, please post it. I'd like to see it.

Instead of trying to knock the "tea-bagger" for participating in something they believe in because they're utterly frustrated, try thinking about who is at these rallies and who decides what content of the sound bytes is "airable".

The tea-baggers were funny to me I live in DC and got to drive past a whole lot on the way to work while they stood in the rain. I hear they wanted to dump 1million tea bags in the Potomac River (Denied, as the river is a National Park and protected waterway to the Chesapeak Bay :rolleyes:) , then they threw a box over the WH fence (And got told to stop the protest they had in another US National Park (Layfayette Park)). Then they decided they would dump the teabags in the park, but no permit. Then they wanted to go to the Supreme Court but again they didnt have the proper permits. All told it was a great example of frustrated futility.

So the misdirection worked. They can scream about nickels and dimes being lost, where they have to pay more taxes because the people that can afford to and rightfully should pay more are using their additional resources to pay less. Brilliant play by the ruling elite.

BTW the tea-baggers I saw all looked like coal miners on their day off. Or angry truckers LOL.

A flat tax does not make sense. People in poverty need the last dime while the wealthy have excess.

all the more reason to better yourself and make more money ie... go to shcool, learn a career, and get a better job. having a child is no excuse, it was a life choice. i dont see why you could get back more money than you paid in??

Step 1: No Income Tax

Step 2: Flat Tax on everything except food, and all living essentials

Step 3: Give the middle east the bird and lets drill our own oil, you want to stop crazy radical Al quada types take thier oil money away..alternative fuels like ethanol from sugarcane not corn so food cost stays low, make conversion kits easy to obtain and install

Step 4: Defend our borders from illegals, but make the citizenship system more fluid..make English mandatory for anyone who wants to be a US citizen...Heck if I can do it anyone can...

Step 5: Give incentives for companies to come to the USA...lets make Made In The USA the standard for which all other countries products are measued.. and give China the bird too

that is all

~Roberto

Step 3: Give the middle east the bird and lets drill our own oil, you want to stop crazy radical Al quada types take thier oil money away..alternative fuels like ethanol from sugarcane not corn so food cost stays low, make conversion kits easy to obtain and install

Step 4: Defend our borders from illegals, but make the citizenship system more fluid..make English mandatory for anyone who wants to be a US citizen...Heck if I can do it anyone can...

Step 5: Give incentives for companies to come to the USA...lets make Made In The USA the standard for which all other countries products are measued.. and give China the bird too

that is all

~Roberto

:thumbsup:

Well put.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

that is all

~Roberto

I guess it depends on what you expect. For example. No income tax and a flat tax ? Ok then where does the governent get its $$ for things like Law enforcement, Military spending, programs like education , medicare, Social Security, ?

Outside of Military budgets, medicare and Social Security are a huge portion of the budget.

How may folks here went to college? Did you get a Pell Grant or a Government Student loan ? (Sallie Mae)? Someone that makes low (minimal) wages probably cant afford school without a loan of some sort. A loan for education is considered an investment. The governent makes more money loaning money to students so they can get better jobs and pay more income taxes than it would if it cut all funding for education in an attempt to save $.

Same with credit loans. How would you fund SEC (Securites and exchange commission?) How about USDA? These are not for profit government agencies. They help regulate industries that could exploit loopholes. So how do we fund these agencies without Payroll Taxes ? Flat tax and no income taxes would create a huge shortfall in the budget. That just doesnt seem realistic to me.