650hp backhalfed starion 9sec. 1/4 mile

rank

I posted this car on here for sale a couple of years ago to see if any hardcore enthuisest with deep pockets would be interested but as you can see i still have it. Since then i have invested another 4k in a new tec3 gt and water methenol kit and a garrett gt4294r turbo, it previously had a turbonetics t70. For those who don't know me or haven't seen the car before, I'm real close with Rob Baker with the blue 10 sec. conquest who had also biult his car at the previous EIP TUNNIG. The car was very popular in Baltimore were we used to race at Northern pkwy and rt. 70 were it had made us alot of money beating up on 9sec mustangs and talons, grand nationals etc. Details about the car it has a fully built 9" rear with disc brakes with 456 gears on a full spool, 13.50 spicer u-joints and a cromolly driveshaft, richmond dragrace box ratchet shifter trans (5speed),built motor with now a spun rod or main bearing or multible spun bearings not sure that is why i am now sellig again. I just have not got my enjoyment out of it recently and if i don't sell i will fix and put it in the 8's. Back to the car i'm not going to list all the details on the car but , I'll give a good just on it, The only thing the motor does not have is forged or crowmolly rods, they currently shot peened, witch will changed if Rob and I fix. It has a custom built intake with 110 per hr injecters and a multiport wet nos syestem hidden under manifold , that is set up with a 125hp shoot to get it out of the whole. a mid range cam with solid lifters. The only thing stock surprisingly is the exhaust manifold witch will also change if i fix. to some it up it has a 12 point crowmolly roll cage ang the car weights 2675 with out driver. The motor started making noise 2 nites ago on the dyno 4/6/09 we don't know why and i'm kind of fed up if anyone has any questins they can call me at 443 250 4800 or email at chrisrankin1@msn.com I have over 70k invested beleive it or not!!! SINCE I'VE POSTED THIS ADD, I HAVE DECIDED TO REBUILD. I'M GOING TO DO FORGED RODS AND 8:1 PISTONS I THOUGHT ABOUT BYING SOME OF THE PARTS THAT ARE READILY AVAILABLE FROM TOP END PERFORMACE, BUT I'VE SOME BAD THING LONG AGO ABOUT THEM, BUT MAYBE THEY HAVE CHANGED. IF ANYONE HAS A OPINION ABOUT " TOP END" PLEASE GIVE IT.THANKS .BUT THE CAR IS STILL FOR SALE!!

post-12042-1239282189_thumb.jpg

post-12042-1239282230_thumb.jpg

post-12042-1239282240_thumb.jpg

post-12042-1239282263_thumb.jpg

post-12042-1239282288_thumb.jpg

post-12042-1239282307_thumb.jpg

Edited by rank

you need to put up a dyno sheet and be the king of the dyno. if i have to rob a bank i will own this car one day

you must not have read the whole thing

built motor with now a spun rod or main bearing or multible spun bearings not sure that is why i am now sellig again.
Edited by Sully

I posted this car on here for sale a couple of years ago to see if any hardcore enthuisest with deep pockets would be interested but as you can see i still have it. Since then i have invested another 4k in a new tec3 gt and water methenol kit and a garrett gt4294r turbo, it previously had a turbonetics t70. For those who don't know me or haven't seen the car before, I'm real close with Rob Baker with the blue 10 sec. conquest who had also biult his car at the previous EIP TUNNIG. The car was very popular in Baltimore were we used to race at Northern pkwy and rt. 70 were it had made us alot of money beating up on 9sec mustangs and talons, grand nationals etc. Details about the car it has a fully built 9" rear with disc brakes with 456 gears on a full spool, 13.50 spicer u-joints and a cromolly driveshaft, richmond dragrace box ratchet shifter trans (5speed),built motor with now a spun rod or main bearing or multible spun bearings not sure that is why i am now sellig again. I just have not got my enjoyment out of it recently and if i don't sell i will fix and put it in the 8's. Back to the car i'm not going to list all the details on the car but , I'll give a good just on it, The only thing the motor does not have is forged or crowmolly rods, they currently shot peened, witch will changed if Rob and I fix. It has a custom built intake with 110 per hr injecters and a multiport wet nos syestem hidden under manifold , that is set up with a 125hp shoot to get it out of the whole. a mid range cam with solid lifters. The only thing stock surprisingly is the exhaust manifold witch will also change if i fix. to some it up it has a 12 point crowmolly roll cage ang the car weights 2675 with out driver. The motor started making noise 2 nites ago on the dyno 4/6/09 we don't know why and i'm kind of fed up if anyone has any questins they can call me at 443 250 4800 or email at chrisrankin1@msn.com I have over 70k invested beleive it or not!!! SINCE I'VE POSTED THIS ADD, I HAVE DECIDED TO REBUILD. I'M GOING TO DO FORGED RODS AND 8:1 PISTONS I THOUGHT ABOUT BYING SOME OF THE PARTS THAT ARE READILY AVAILABLE FROM TOP END PERFORMACE, BUT I'VE SOME BAD THING LONG AGO ABOUT THEM, BUT MAYBE THEY HAVE CHANGED. IF ANYONE HAS A OPINION ABOUT " TOP END" PLEASE GIVE IT.THANKS .BUT THE CAR IS STILL FOR SALE!!
hey chris you need to get your parts from dad, ill be down at the shop tommorrow evning and will give you all you need to know or get rob or jj to give you my # charlie

With that kind of horsepower from a four cylinder, the bearings won't last a season. That gos for all the manafactures bearings. Usually the upper half flats out. I'd like to see pics. of the bearings if you pull the engine down. Or email me for more info.

I have seen, ridden in and helped work on this car......... sick doesn't even begin to describe this car!!!! you still racing bikes Rankin? Tell Rob to call me, need to get my tec II programmed

whatz up sam,no not racing bikes anymore but it's good to here from you , i'll tell rob to give you a call. but give me a shout over the phone some time, you must have bin the one who text me and i didn't realize it was you.

hey chris you need to get your parts from dad, ill be down at the shop tommorrow evning and will give you all you need to know or get rob or jj to give you my # charlie

thanks for all the info charlie!!

With that kind of horsepower from a four cylinder, the bearings won't last a season. That gos for all the manafactures bearings. Usually the upper half flats out. I'd like to see pics. of the bearings if you pull the engine down. Or email me for more info.

i've had many of dyno runs and many of passes with that kind of power on that motor, those motors can handle more then that with forged rods all day long. that motor has bin in my car for over 3 years to be exact. we don't know why it failed that why i was fed up.

you must not have read the whole thing

it isn't the fact that i couldn't afford to do it right the 1st time, it's that i didn't relize it needed to be done, it's obvious that that my pockets are deep enough, you don't see many other starion owers with this set up. i have alot of other exspensive racing hobbies, if this was my only hobbie that i did the car would be TOP FUEL lol.

it isn't the fact that i couldn't afford to do it right the 1st time, it's that i didn't relize it needed to be done, it's obvious that that my pockets are deep enough, you don't see many other starion owers with this set up. i have alot of other exspensive racing hobbies, if this was my only hobbie that i did the car would be TOP FUEL lol.

I was talking to starquestjoe. It wasn't a shot at you. I fixed my post above

You can't put it on the dyno now because it has a spun rod bearing. Any previous dyno sheets are moot.

So for 19k do you get a car that used too have 650hp and run 9 sec but has a "junk" motor. Or are you going to rebuild the motor and return it to its 650hp and 9 sec of glory and sell it for 19k?

Edited by Sully