Pics of "kawika"s Quest. NICE!!!

Sarc

I'm posting these pics on-behalf and for Kawika.

He's going to come on later and give details on all mods he's done.

This is a beautiful car.

http://www.geocities.com/narsisippi/Graphics/Daves/PassengerSide1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/narsisippi/Graphics/Daves/GrandEngineBay.txt

http://www.geocities.com/narsisippi/Graphics/Daves/EngineBayTight1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/narsisippi/Graphics/Daves/Interior1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/narsisippi/Graphics/Daves/BackPassenger.txt

More pics, can and probably will be posted later. :P

Yes, I can vouch for this car :o  It's beautiful, did he make it down to oregon today?  If he did, I am really upset that I had to work and couldn't see him on his way through.  

David, if you see this, give me a call tomorrow after like 2:00.

SWEET RIDE MAN ;D

I would really like to see under that hood  ;D

I have talked to Kawika/David for the past year or more. Definetly one of the most nicest persons I have had the pleasure of doing business with. Very trustworthy and kind. Helped him along the way with info on his motor rebuild. He managed to rebuild the motor/head/ install the complet HP kit (chromed :o) and 3" exhaust himself. This is one car to watch out for on the road.

Very nice interior

Kelly ;)

This car was totally stock when I bought it from an oringinal owner with 60,000 miles.

This is what Ive done to it in the last 18 months.

JE forged piston .40 over, Marnel head, schnieder 6610 HD valve springs, roller rockers, tep cam, BS elim kit, new water pump, new hv oil pump, ballanced from front pully to pressure plate, lightened fly wheel, stage 2 SPEC clutch, tep metal shim head gasket, ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts, shot peened rods, crank vent, rebuilt throttle body, 1g mass w/ K&N air filter, MSD blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm wires, stress relieved exhaust manifold, super 16g turbo, Kellys chromed hard pipes, turbo xs RFL blow off valve, turbo xs manual boost controller, Kellys 3 inch exhaust, APEXi N1 muffler, ABS eliminated, FMU, shawns strut braces front and back, optima yellow top battery, rebuilt radiator w/MX core, modified intercooler, new master cylinder, new clutch master cylinder, new slave cylinder, new vac advance, GC coil over kit, tokiko struts, SS braided brake lines, slotted rotors, metal master pads, toyo proxy T1 S tires(245/45), toyo proxy FZ4 tires (225/50), Alpine cda 9815 mp3 player, planet audio door speakers, pioneer rear speakers, planet audio 10 inch sub, planet audio 4 channel amp,  Alpine mono block amp, clifford alarm with auto start , auto meter boost gage in stock location, dual A piller pod w/ cobalt series AF gage, short throw shifter,  shawns leather shift boot and e brake boot, turbo door handles, 86 seat belt mod, 89 window switch, 86 center console, tinted windows. Im sure im forgetting something but you get the idea.

Special thanks to Kellydaman for all his products and support. Kelly helped me thru this rebuild over the phone.  He was there everytime I ran into a problem.(which was alot).

Also thank you Sarc for posting the pics.

Track times and dyno #s soon to come. Ill keep ya posted.  

David

For the people who have never rebuilt an engine before ths is what can be done with care and determanation ..  David had not rebuilt an engine before but had a good machinest , Kelly helped a lot and he bought good quality parts and when he had a problem he found out what was the best way to solve it .   The car runs great and after a minior amount of body work is fixed he should have a car he can be proud of and last a long time

Have fun David

Mark_T

Guest silverngray

David has let me drive his car a couple times! :D Kelly is right he is a really nice guy and the car is quick! Cant wait until he gets the magna on there!

Rico

I bought the car from a couple in there 50s.( original owners).  I dont think they changed the interior.  Maybe it was a custom order?  Your right tho Its the only one ive seen that didnt have burgandy interior.

David

It is good to know David.

I purchased an 83 hood in washington state about 70 miles past seattle and David offered to bring it to me in Portland a few months back.

Now the car.........:)

Pictures say it all.....you have to see this in person.

I first did last year at the seaside meet in Oregon.

The tan leather just looks stellar in a burgundy car and yes all I have seen is burgundy interiors too.

But I am sure if you bought this car new from the dealer back in the day ya had a little coin and could probably order anything.

If you haven't seen kelly's stuff in person you gotta.

Great lookin stuff.

First I had seen was on davids car too.   mmm mmm good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I saw that same interior on a late model 85 flatty at a junkyard in tollamd ct.the owner had just droped it off when I was there.He smaked up the front end and raped a 87 and put a beat up widebody front,then he beat it until the engine was knocking like hell.Damn shame they crushed it.

• 1 month later...

I had the good fortune to take a ride in this car last month.  All I could say is "WOW". It's a blast.

I don't think I'll be happy with my car in stock form any longer. I'm ruined now. And that engine looks so sweet in person, it can't even be described!

By the way, David is an awesome guy as well. Anything good these guys say about him, I believe every word of it!

Turborusty

• 3 months later...

Car looks awesome. I really like that tan interior over that maroon.

One thing I noticed, it looks like you had your large Krank Vent behind the heat shield and down pipe.  You may want to move it over to the other side near the break booster to keep it away from the heat as much as possible.  The heat from the turbo will cause any oil vapor to gum up over time and will shorten the life of the Krank vent.