pics of v-8 swap

mlm7447

Awesome.I guess the guys with you that day making fun cause it wasnt running can shut the hell up now huh?

Great looking setup.

You will have to bring it down sometime when you come this way so i can see it first hand.

I love the rims.

where are the pics of the drag quest? ;)

Looking good!  Let me know when you plan on taking it to Steel, we should be about equal if you are talking about high 400 @ the wheels w/ your nitrous.  I'll show you what can be done w/ the pos 2.6 they come with.   ;)  I've built both, old hot rods and these rice burners.  I've gone faster w/ teh rice burners because I never went FI on a V8.  Thought about buying another quest and putting in an old Pontiac 400.   ;D

Never could figure out why ford guys like to paint engine compartment black? Looks good though. V-8s are an EXELLENT Upgrade for any conquest. Mines the same year and color with a 360 Mopar. Hey were the same age to

yea MOPAR,  if i do one it will be a built 440.   a friend of mine has a conquest and a daytona one with a 440 the other has a hemi.  for those around the SW VA or NE TENN area im talking about Harold and Danny Cooper. they are at the MOPAR Nats in bristol every year.

Thanks for the positive comments, I'll try to answer all questions w/ this one post. There is a ford motor in the thing cause it fits better than any other V-8 out there. I've thought about the morals of putting a ford motor in a chrysler, but it's not really a mopar now is it?. I will go to steel when it is done this spring and the 400 hp is w/o the spray. The drag quest is mine no longer, but I may be able to scan a few shots into the website w/the wheels up in the air. That car ran 5.65 1/8th mi times at steel just last summer. Black engine compartments are not a "ford guy" character flaw, the color just goes better w/ the ford red I painted the block. And yes, putting the motor in the car is a lot of work. Mostly from the steering. The drag car had the factory steering box w/o the PS pump this car has kicked my but several times trying to get all the little issues fixed, the worst being the bumpsteer from the rack. Just wait till you read what i had to go through to get over that hurdle, but go to the website, I'll have it updated in a couple of days to reflect my journey into hell!

I think that about covers it. : :P

I think there was a space in the link under your profile.

I saw this a few days ago. I must say, very nice!

I have wanted to do this to a Starquest too, with addition to a nice turbo.  I think a lt1 would be a nice engine to drop in!

I still like my 2.6, alot of v8 guys don't like to hear they were beat by a 4 banger.

Deffinately keep us posted.

Thanks for posting!

Shawn

Very Nice!!! You do excellent work! Clean and sanitary! I looked at all of the pictures and especially the rack and pinion. To get rid of that bump steer, the pivot points on the rack must be the same height as the attachment point on the spindle. If they are lower than or higher than, you will have bump steer. Normally the tie rod attaches to the spindle at about the same height as the lower ball joint. I have run into this situation several times and that is the only way to correct it. Sorry to see you have that problem. To fix it will require some changes that may not be friendly.

Good Luck!

I must say,,,,I like those digital gauges.

I thought about getting another quest body and getting a donor car from one of these rebuildable lots,,,,,something with a new hemi engine in it,,,,would have all the computers and what not to do the job.

Where did ya get the gauges ?

Jay

• 1 month later...

Thank you, now I know I never want to put a V-8 in a quest. Looks like you did a real nice job. Dont know if I could trust tie rod spacers at 110mph. Or 150mph when that kid throws an egg at your cool car and you need to catch him. Sorry just reliving my youth. Eggs were cheap and I could drive.

Nice write up.

Tony