BIG TEXAS BBQ!!!

Well we had another meet at KanTuning and have some good results. All together there were 4 cars getting tunes 3 MPI and one TBI with AFC.

I think everyone but Turbo Addict had some sort of issue.

Anyways TurboAddict backed up his last dyno with a better tune and laid down 393WHP & 485WTQ!!!!

And I was able to squeeze into the 400WHP CLUB!!! WOO HOO!! see sig

Clutch isnt holding it so Im turning down the boost til I get my new clutch in and set my cam up properly.

Phil

Edited by phinko

Any Videos!?!?!?

if this is on a 'conservative' (mustang?) dyno.... even more impressive.

Workin' your way up... cool!

Should pull hella strong as it is

Yeah, its on a Mustang dyno... they are more conservative than a dynojet for instance?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u37/philpressure/Dyno%20Forum/Picture002.jpg

You maxed right around 5200rpm, same as mine. That kind of torque as early as 4250rpms is pretty nasty. Cheers

Edited by mstieg

You maxed right around 5200rpm, same as mine. That kind of torque as early as 4250rpms is pretty nasty. Cheers

Me and TA are both running stock trans. Mines holding up great but my spec stg3 aint holding. It is 5yrs old though! HAHAHA! Anyways, Im a moron and have been running a mech cam on hydro lifters and am hopefully losing BIGTIME! Power should come on sooner and hold strong through 6500 and it just isnt. Im gonna install the clutch and Mech rockers and then go back one last time. Pffffff Dont get me wrong it feels insane. Cant wait to see you join us aswell! TA is gonna be right there soon!

Phil

Me and TA are both running stock trans. Mines holding up great but my spec stg3 aint holding. It is 5yrs old though! HAHAHA! Anyways, Im a moron and have been running a mech cam on hydro lifters and am hopefully losing BIGTIME! Power should come on sooner and hold strong through 6500 and it just isnt. Im gonna install the clutch and Mech rockers and then go back one last time. Pffffff Dont get me wrong it feels insane. Cant wait to see you join us aswell! TA is gonna be right there soon!

Phil

I got my new jets in the mail the other day... I have jetting all the way up to a 250 shot now (yikes). Won't go that big, not even close, but they're cheap. hehe. I plan on bumping the shot to 125, taking another degree of timing out for safety and that should put me just over 400hp and 500tq and that's where it'll stay. I am using about 80% of injector now on this relatively large 100 dry shot, so I am feeling good about it.

And yeah Phil - I hear ya about the insane feeling on the street! The problem with nitrous is that it goes from 350ft/lb or torque to almost 500 in an instant. Extremely violent! Even with drag radials on in 3rd gear she almost got away from me on dry pavement. Keeps you on your toes. But I cannot imagine this stock trans will hold together all that much longer. But I'll get what I can out of her and then cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

Tom

Man. I got the SDS from FedEx today and just can't wait. When the problem to worry about is maintaining traction and exceeding the stock tranny, we're doing well. Hell, I want to impress the date, not scare the p!$$ out of her...hence the low boost setting for those gals, and the high setting for the ones you don't let meet momma.

I agree that I really don't need any more power than this range, even if it's there to be had. I want to enjoy it, not be afraid of it...but with time I'm sure we'll get the feel of it better and be more comfortable. I have high hopes with less boost and def. don't plan to mess with the juice! Glad that's working well for you tho Tom.

Im shooting for 450whp range then my focus will be on track setup. A low 11sec street car will be the balls. I love all the nitrous your motor gobbles without hesitation, Tom. Everytime I see your results after each dyno I get a little teary. Its good to finally see these cars coming around especially in different ways. Thats my reason for not buying the GT35R. Already been done.

BTW, when you gonna dial in the new shot? Im ordering my spec 3+ and then going back one last time. Then its nothing but track time.

Phil

Im shooting for 450whp range then my focus will be on track setup. A low 11sec street car will be the balls. I love all the nitrous your motor gobbles without hesitation, Tom. Everytime I see your results after each dyno I get a little teary. Its good to finally see these cars coming around especially in different ways. Thats my reason for not buying the GT35R. Already been done.

BTW, when you gonna dial in the new shot? Im ordering my spec 3+ and then going back one last time. Then its nothing but track time.

Phil

I am looking at Saturday April 11th. Probably will try to get 2 hrs on the dyno. I want a nice strong boost/motor only tune for driving around town, and then my track, nitrous tune. As of now, I've only been concentrating on the track tune. Once I verify that date is good to go, I'll be calling Steve and making the reservation for the dyno. Hopefully we can round up a few more guys and have it for the day again. :) Also got a new guy at the office with a gorgeous Grand National that he just finished the build on - he's just up the street and he may be interested in laying down some numbers too. So 4/11 is tentative and hopeful for me.

Man. I got the SDS from FedEx today and just can't wait. When the problem to worry about is maintaining traction and exceeding the stock tranny, we're doing well. Hell, I want to impress the date, not scare the p!$$ out of her...hence the low boost setting for those gals, and the high setting for the ones you don't let meet momma.

I agree that I really don't need any more power than this range, even if it's there to be had. I want to enjoy it, not be afraid of it...but with time I'm sure we'll get the feel of it better and be more comfortable. I have high hopes with less boost and def. don't plan to mess with the juice! Glad that's working well for you tho Tom.

Matt, you completly fed up with the hawk?

didn't know you were gonna go with the sds

Gentlemen, you are all my heros. :blush:

At the rate I'm going, and the way I'm going about modifying my car (extremely precisely while supporting everything equally) I hope to be in your realm within the next 2 years.

How are your diffs and axles holding up?

Gentlemen, you are all my heros. :blush:

At the rate I'm going, and the way I'm going about modifying my car (extremely precisely while supporting everything equally) I hope to be in your realm within the next 2 years.

How are your diffs and axles holding up?

Swapped my 87 rear end out for an 88, so got the 6 bolt axles etc - holding up good. Have some 3.90 gears I need to get in there too which will help in the 1/8th and 1/4 mile times.

Phil - I just got off the phone with Steve - he is going to Jamaica and Cayman islands to do tuning for about the whole month of April :eek1bluegreen:

So I am looking at the calendar and leaning towards Saturday May 2nd. I may try to sneak in an hour sometime next week after I get back from Boston, but just a quickie to dial in so I can get some track time in April. How does May 2nd look for you Phil?