New laptop stand

BOHO

Any of you guys with stand alones....tyring to tune while driving....can be very dangerous...I made a stand so it doesnt fly all over the place. I had a much more extravegant design but chose simplicity instead. I might shorten it just a tad. Its still out of the way enough so a passenger can ride no problem. Its only the 1 14mm on the seat rail so It can be easily removed. What yall think?

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/003.jpg

Nope....like a rock...Its got a pretty good little base on it...I'll take a pic of it off so you can see. I'm just using velcro on the base on the top part. Edited by BOHO

very pimp

more pics!! show where it attaches to the seat and how its attached to the computer

I have one in my car thats removable... its also my factory cup holder...

the Passenger! :ph34r:

lol...you guys need to get off my laptop...That is a 98 toshiba satelite....its has a Whopping 100 hz.....you guys aint go s*** on that....

It cost me 20 bux and the battery lasts a pretty good while...I have a better newer laptop but the battery doesn't hold a charge. I'm going to install an inverter so I can run it all the time.

lol...you guys need to get off my laptop...That is a 98 toshiba satelite....its has a Whopping 100 hz.....you guys aint go s*** on that....

Hey! I have a 66 mhz laptop with 8 megs of ram. Kiss it, go on... KISS IT! :party0049:

yea thats nice Fanta, and its got an IBM in the picture! i still prefer the mini-ibm models, theyre very nice computers

and somewhere i also have an old compaq that doesnt even have an ethernet port. not even a telephone (dial-up) connection!! i dont even know how old it is.. lol its a piece of crap

Graham

well excuse the f*** out of me.....

haha, don't get me wrong, for what you did, its sheer awesomeness! I just posted the ebay one because I recalled that cop cars have them and was wondering where they got them and went looking and found that ( its adjustable )

yours is cheaper lol

• 1 month later...

The reason people use those old POS laptops is they have serial ports, the 9 pin connector that a lot of datalogging and tuning stuff seemed to have for a long time. Modern Laptops have USB, which is basically the equivalent (means Universal Serial Bus). If you want a small laptop to tune and don't need the old-school serial port, look at an Acer Aspire One. $299 brand new.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834115509

Big plus, doesn't have that Vista mess, it's still XP.

The reason people use those old POS laptops is they have serial ports, the 9 pin connector that a lot of datalogging and tuning stuff seemed to have for a long time. Modern Laptops have USB, which is basically the equivalent (means Universal Serial Bus). If you want a small laptop to tune and don't need the old-school serial port, look at an Acer Aspire One. $299 brand new.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834115509

Big plus, doesn't have that Vista mess, it's still XP.

That is a sweet little computer...I'll have to get one here shortly. I've made some changes to the stand...but the car isn't running right now. I'm actually waiting for the gallon of gas to dry out of my FMIC....LOL.....crazy car.....well it was my fault but I've never seen so much gas NOT in the tank. Finished my EDIS install yesterday but havn't tried to start it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice setup. it works, thats all that matters

and not to jump off of topic. but man i love your interior in your sig

Kinda curios what happened to it, in the pic with the stand lol

lol...thats 2 different cars...I got rear ended back in sept. 08...Still building this one...I havn't had the time or money to do it right yet...It will be back to that soon though.