What Are You Feelings On UFO's

Starfighterpilot

I ran across this today.

It should get real interesting when the British Ministry Of Defense finishes releasing their complete UFO files to the public this year.

The below is a very interesting interview from Fox News.

http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup...fan/default.xml

What's your opinion?

For What It's Worth.

KEN

edit: dude I quoted deleted his post so I guess I'll delete the quote.

It's arrogant to think we're the only creatures that "have ever been" or "will ever be" in the universe. I'm not sure it's entirely arrogant to think we're the only ones in this "general area" of the universe. We've discussed this many times before and the only point I think it's important to make is the one about the odds that we could happen to exist in our current intelligent form simultaneously with other sentient life and in close enough proximity to make contact.

The ammo for my point includes endless drivel about Carl Sagan and the fact that for all of our advancement, the whole of human history was literally invisible from anywhere outside our own tiny solar system, hell from the closest planet to us, just 100 years ago. Consider that 100 years hardly amounts to a nanosecond in the life of the universe and you begin to see that however small the odds are that we're alone, they're also vanishingly small that we're near enough to whatever other life is out there to either detect it or be detected by it.

In the evolution of this planet natural processes have yielded only one intelligent being, and that being took its sweet a$$ time getting around to building radios powerful enough to reach more than a mile (average radio range 100 years ago was 1 mile). Given the 4.5 billion year age of our planet, and the eagerness with which we seem to be endeavoring to destroy the human race, the same intelligent advances would only have to have taken 1% longer, or happen 1% sooner on another relatively nearby planet for it to go utterly unnoticed by us.

My guess is that the universe is literally crawling with life though, and if there is life out there capable of traveling through the universe at the speeds it would take to actually get anywhere, then I suspect that life form will be extremely advanced and over the whole violence thing.

Edited by chiplee

We always said they were "Underage Felony Objects"

I'm changing your user name to John Law. :)

My feelings are no way. But my brain says:

http://www.epguides.de/alf.jpg

Clearly super intelligent and far more advanced than man.

Chip, I don't think that any life that has the capabilities to travel through space is beyond violence. I would say the opposite, I believe that beings of any race, species or planet probably have the same mind set of conquering other lands. I think that in the future if we ever manage to achieve the ability of traveling through space and we come across another being that we should have better "people skills" and the ability to communicate with them and not consider everyone we encounter an enemy.

I wish I could be here when that day comes but at the same time I am afraid of the possibilities if it all went wrong. We have to realize that if the U.S.A manages space flight before anyone else that our then President will control the way we interact with the beings we encounter. What if the then President is an idiot...World War it would be indeed.

with governments it's always been a shoot first then ask questions

ever notice when an arm'd man is threatning to shoot him self,,they always point guns at him

heck on sec thought he don't even have to have a gun and half the time they shoot him any way

Edited by Shelby

Chip, I don't think that any life that has the capabilities to travel through space is beyond violence. I would say the opposite, I believe that beings of any race, species or planet probably have the same mind set of conquering other lands.

I think that's reasonable to believe. I disagree with it for a couple of reasons. First we can already see the gradual slowing of this "conquering of other lands" trend you mention. When countries go to war it's not usually to expand their land holdings or acquire new stuff. It's because their neighbors are belligerent to their demands or peaceful resolusion972 couldn't be met. The second reason I disagree involves comparing that observation to an additional observation about how close we are to interstellar travel. Right now, we are NOT EVEN CLOSE to being able to visit other galaxies. If you launched our fastest concept vehicle today, in 75 years it would barely have reached 1/2 way to the center of our own galaxy. My analysis, based on these two tidbits, is that the advancements that will be required of us would logically also be required of any other being that managed to travel great distances through space, and with those vast leaps would also logically come vast leaps in tolerance and understanding like we're seeing sparks of in the human race now.

I think that in the future if we ever manage to achieve the ability of traveling through space and we come across another being that we should have better "people skills" and the ability to communicate with them and not consider everyone we encounter an enemy.

I wish I could be here when that day comes but at the same time I am afraid of the possibilities if it all went wrong. We have to realize that if the U.S.A manages space flight before anyone else that our then President will control the way we interact with the beings we encounter. What if the then President is an idiot...World War it would be indeed.

We will destroy ourselves long before we manage to travel any significant distance through space if we don't manage to avoid idiot presidents in the future.

There are still all out wars for rights to certain lands. The only real reason why full scale wars dont happen these days is because of the alliences that other countries have made with each other. Should Russia want to restart the cold war it wouldn't be just America and few other countries to assist it would be a large amount of nations helping in the cause. From middle eastern countries to Australia...our tolerence for one global dictator has become even smaller. It's as though the world is tired of fighting but still does to prove a point.

Now lets say the world was in a race to space which we are but to a higher scale, don't you believe that we would also fight for the rights to colonize a new world? A world with a new source of energy or even a new source of currency? Would we not fight for that? You have to remember that when we entered Iraq the only major plan of action that was concrete was how to provide security for the oil lines and how to repair them to keep the flow of oil going. We as a people fight for our own survival that is fed by our greed. Who's to say that beings from another world aren't also fed by greed. Or who is to say that they have wasted their resources and are now looking to our young planet to steal ours. These are all questions that have to be looked at because to assume that because they have better technology and have been around a few thousands or millions years longer does not mean that they have tolerance or peace.

Another thing that will confuse our planet is the religous aspect. Devout christians and alike will probably look at them as satan reborn because of their refusal to believe in anything that was not created by god. Last thing we need is a priest trying to throw holy water on our visitors. Also, who is to say they are not here already? Who's to say they dont look like us? Walk among us because they are us but from another planet? Just more evolved. I dont buy all those stories ofjz probes...aliens have noses and they to would smell that.

I guess if it was me encountering an alien race I would offer my hand in friendship yet keep my left hand on my gun just in case something pops off.

There are still all out wars for rights to certain lands.

Not among countries that are in the running for "first to develop reasonable space travel".

The only real reason why full scale wars dont happen these days is because of the alliences that other countries have made with each other. Should Russia want to restart the cold war it wouldn't be just America and few other countries to assist it would be a large amount of nations helping in the cause. From middle eastern countries to Australia...our tolerence for one global dictator has become even smaller. It's as though the world is tired of fighting but still does to prove a point.

And that is exactly the slow but steady "advancement" I was talking about. Once we're all allies and all on one team we can actually start to get somewhere. My assumption is that a society of aliens that manages to "get somewhere" near here in their space ships will have already been through this whole "axis and allies" process and survived it. Whether we will survive it remains to be seen.

Now lets say the world was in a race to space which we are but to a higher scale, don't you believe that we would also fight for the rights to colonize a new world?

You're missing my point I think, and missing the point about how long it's going to be 'til we can "go" anywhere in space. Let's say tomorrow we develop the ability to travel through space at the speed of light. It will still be a 4.3 year mission to the CLOSEST star system to earth. A trip half way across the universe would take 50 billion years and by the time you (or your extremely distant descendants) got there it would probably have quadrupled in size and you'd actually only be 1/8th of the way across it. If there are aliens there now, we literally will NEVER know about them.

A world with a new source of energy or even a new source of currency? Would we not fight for that?

Again, if we don't get beyond the fighting, we won't be traveling anywhere. And any society that advances far enough to travel anywhere will have had to get past the fighting also, in my opinion.

You have to remember that when we entered Iraq the only major plan of action that was concrete was how to provide security for the oil lines and how to repair them to keep the flow of oil going. We as a people fight for our own survival that is fed by our greed.

And in so doing we hinder our intellectual and scientific advancement, hence my point.

continued....

Who's to say that beings from another world aren't also fed by greed.

No one, but it's my opinion that no being fed by greed would make the kind of advances it will take to learn to travel through space. That's all.

Or who is to say that they have wasted their resources and are now looking to our young planet to steal ours. These are all questions that have to be looked at because to assume that because they have better technology and have been around a few thousands or millions years longer does not mean that they have tolerance or peace.

Sure doesn't, that's why I said it was reasonable to see it your way, but that I disagreed for my reasons. You haven't given me good enough reasons to change my opinion of the matter to match yours. No biggy, just saying.

Another thing that will confuse our planet is the religous aspect. Devout christians and alike will probably look at them as satan reborn because of their refusal to believe in anything that was not created by god. Last thing we need is a priest trying to throw holy water on our visitors. Also, who is to say they are not here already? Who's to say they dont look like us? Walk among us because they are us but from another planet? Just more evolved.

No one "is to say" any of that. We only can express our opinions of it in the most logical fashion possible when talking about such intangible subjects.

I dont buy all those stories ofjz probes...aliens have noses and they to would smell that.

Pretty much the quote of the month.

I guess if it was me encountering an alien race I would offer my hand in friendship yet keep my left hand on my gun just in case something pops off.

Apparently everyone in Hollywood agrees with you.

What he just said.Prob won't delete this one.ha.Should have left the other.

If they been watching us humans for a while they know our nature to fear and destroy what we don't understands.The consiquences of being discovered are too great to risk.Occasionally they screw up and somebody with a shaky camara see them.

Here's the thing - the government will have a tough time admitting to it officially in my opnion, based on how Hollywood has generally portrayed aliens as being hostile. It'll cause mass panic and or distrust I think.

Then again, if aliens just land and make themselves really public, it happens anyways.

Maybe it's a lot like MIB.

Here's the thing - the government will have a tough time admitting to it officially in my opnion, based on how Hollywood has generally portrayed aliens as being hostile. It'll cause mass panic and or distrust I think.

Then again, if aliens just land and make themselves really public, it happens anyways.

Maybe it's a lot like MIB.

SHHHHHH if they find out we are both aliens and even have documentation to prove it, ya know "green cards". A mass panic from the yankies will be bad...