2012 Mitsubishi Starion Concept

mistapickles

1: The maunfacture last time I checked was in Japan, but the have a design studio in socal.

2: I don't really care if they are or not... and mitsu almost pulled out of the states 2 years ago cause they have 1 decent car.

3: woah 10k ppl.. and they all care.

4: wt........ are you talking about?

its cool, of course we'd all like to see it, and if you actually get drawings I'd be amazed... its just funny to me.

1. Well guess where I live? SoCal

2. they make the Duramax for Chevy

3. probably, because they have one of the cars now

4. you are a downer.........

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw a 4g63.

We need something new.

DOHC 3.0L I4 MIVEC, with equal bore and stroke. It should also come with a DBB 61mm T4 turbo. MPI is a given. Getrag 6spd manual and an optional sequential 7spd with paddle shifters.

the lord has found a prophet! hear them speak!

I would own one six months after release. done, i dont care what insurance costs

I want to see a new drawing concept of it - both in RWD and AWD format ( the AWD being what the group B looked like? )

Maybe also make the AWD a more powerful version. Sort of like the Evo MR's.

Like others have said, keep the same overall body style - just the sculpted fenders and lines, with its stealth fighter looks. Even keep the rims the same design, although maybe slightly bigger ( 17s? ) with 8s in the fr and 9s in the rear. Maybe have a '83 styled hood as an option.

Interior wise, I really think some modernization to the extreme. Bluetooth enabled radio with controls on the steering wheel ( keep it 88/89 styled ). Have an auxillary input. Make the seats recaro styled, with suede inserts - maybe the actual recaro - or maybe have them more like the Lexus IS350 series. Or have the "race" recaro's an option? Keep the interior all black, or tan and black. Heck, maybe even maroon ;) It'd be awesome if they did the gauges like how the new Mercedes have them. Have suede inserts on the door panels, seats, and what not, with a base model having say, cloth inserts and a cloth interior. No matter which model you get, you get a premium sound system. All gauges, lights, and buttons must light up orange. Or red. At least keep it all one freaking color. ( I hate seeing orange gauges, blue system thing, with green AC controls )

I think it should be priced at about 10K then hopefully they would accept the $4500 lowball I throw at them.

There actually are some drawings floating around here that show some really good thought put into them. Maybe if someone feels like searching... Like a few have said, the drawings would be nice but a real car will NEVER happen. Ill put my title on that one.

We all know that the car will never be made so this falls into the category of asking somebody to draw up your dream Starion.

1st of all, why not keep the 2.6? If we can get 500hp out of it aftermarket, it shouldn't be too hard for Mitsu to get 400 and make it last.

DOHC

MPI

Large turbo

State of the art fuel and spark control

Keep the styling basically the same. We already have pretty good aerodynamics.

Wide body with a functional 83 type hood scoop.

Keep the interior the same along with the same bells and whistles but make them all work with new electronics.

I vote to keep the back seat. I know it is completely useless but I like it's looks.

Of course it needs to be RWD.

Maybe narrow the rear end a bit to fit wider tires and lower it another inch or 2.

If they make another Starquest it has to be rwd thats what makes it so appealing. They need to add a lot of interior room take the back seats and throw them in the garbage no one can sit back there comfortably.

I believe I would like to see the car along the lines of a Skyline competitor with a little more posh interior. Yes the Evo can hang with a Lambo, but it can't hang with a Skyline, besides the fact that it's in a different class of car. Maybe something that would be comparable to a Corvette, very nice to drive as a daily driver, but put some racing slicks on and your ready for the track......I don't really care what it looks like as long as the tradition is manifested in the view and as long as it doesn't look like an Eclipse.

I believe I would like to see the car along the lines of a Skyline competitor with a little more posh interior. Yes the Evo can hang with a Lambo, but it can't hang with a Skyline, besides the fact that it's in a different class of car. Maybe something that would be comparable to a Corvette, very nice to drive as a daily driver, but put some racing slicks on and your ready for the track......I don't really care what it looks like as long as the tradition is manifested in the view and as long as it doesn't look like an Eclipse.

What are the chances of this really happening though?

I got a better idea, lets have foose do some drawings lol, im sure hell jump all over that. Anyhow, Im all for seeing one. I would rather see the back seats eliminated and the vehicles turned into a two seat roadster hatchback with a targa top option. I like the 4 cyclinder, but would prefer to see a v6 dohc engine with a large turbo, something along the lines of the buick GN. Instead of having a 5 speed manual, a six speed would be in order with a close ratio tranny. That would make a fast car right off of the showroom floor. Instead of a large turbo maybe two small sequential turbos like toyota did with the supra. I love the body style, just would like it to be smaller and lighter. If we want to have a new quest, why not take all of the good stuff from all the other manufacturers and incorporate it into the new car?

The car was very advanced for its time, too bad they didn't see fit to make a stock MPI version. The car is a littel heavy for my taste too.

lol.. none. but its really cool to talk about. " I want a 2.8l v8 TT RWD RHD, T-tops and 200shot of NOS...oh yeah and its got to be around 15k...lol.. "

This car selling for what it did in the 80's to be comparable in design and technology today, would have to be somewhere near $45k realistically... R&D costs alone, would close doors on mitsu. let alone a couple of sketches for a bunch of internet nerds. If you want sketches, I'll do a couple...for the fun of it.

I believe all that was actually asked is if we'd like to see concept DRAWINGS... y'all are worried about everything else already. lol

I'll answer YES to the original question of this post.

yes i would like to see the drawings.

There actually are some drawings floating around here that show some really good thought put into them. Maybe if someone feels like searching... Like a few have said, the drawings would be nice but a real car will NEVER happen. Ill put my title on that one.

which ones to you want, the old or new ones I did?

OLD

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/quest070.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/quest068.jpg

NEW

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/2030Starion.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/2030StarionInterior.jpg

:hmm3grin2orange: