g54 swaped

Well, I came upon a rare occasion, a friend of mine gave me a rollling chassis of a 1971 Datsun 110.  Not very many of them out there, and this one was already set up for road race.

Well, as of right now I am in the process of putting the built g54 from my quest into the car.  I know doing motor swaps on conquests is considered a sin on this board, but is tearing appart your quest and making a beast of your car considered one?

Total running weight for the car is 1600lbs with me in it, ought to be interesting with 315whp or so

mods:

weisco pistons, shot peened rods, 19c turbo, tep 284 cam, HD valve springs, ported intake manifold, and soon to be 2nd gen magna head(getting one from a buddy in south africa)

Very soon I will be running a budget fuel system with two 1600cc injectors, and a mega squirt with a ford 70mm throttle body on a modified stock intake manifold.  Its a light car so I am not worried about getting the most HP out of it (MPI)

;D

http://www.unltdmotosports.com/member/drew/1.jpg

http://www.unltdmotosports.com/member/drew/2.jpg

http://www.unltdmotosports.com/member/drew/3.jpg

http://www.unltdmotosports.com/member/drew/4.jpg

http://www.unltdmotosports.com/member/drew/5.jpg

Well, Made some progress this weekend, the radiator is in, and for the intercooler I am going to use a modified stock intercooler.  I'd like to have a larger one but there just isn't enough room.  In the first pic where the cardboard is, that's a mock up "intercooler" with the factory intercooler dimensions.

one of my buddys had a 71 datsun 510 and they put a VG30-tt in it.....thing was insane it ran 11's........

for any who doesnt know they took a 300zx tranny and engine-twinturbo and put it in a datsun 510....a car that is simalir to the 110 both VERY VERY VERY LIGHT CARS!!!

wow....thats my kind of project!!!, as far as the IC goes have you thought about an airdam for a 510 (they are reproducing the scca  type) or even one for a BMW 2002 (check Korman) would work with mods. using an airdam would create extra space for the IC. 315whp....thats cool but be prepared i had a bit over 200 in a bmw 2002 that was lightened to around 1600 lbs it was scary fast i guess your torque numbers are close to 340 or so....better get some fender flares for wider tires because those 13 inch tires on that thing are going to be toast  ;D ;D ;D

Monty

I am keeping the solid rear axle, and going with a custom ladder bar style suspension and coil overs from a civic (its going to have full custom tubular front suspension also). We were able to fit a 265 series tire in there for mock up without the axle being in there and without the leaf springs and rear shocks, so when I go coil over I am going to cut pockets into the body and built strut towers so that no part of the suspension protrudes into the fender well.  ;D

I'd say I have it pretty well figured out.  And I have a BRE style 510 air dam on the way for mods to fit it on there.  Basically its going to be a mini single headlighted 510. ;)

somebody gave you that rollin' chasis ?  you lucky devil

make sure u gear it right and you'll have a blast

I've been doing the same sorta mitsu turbo swaps into rwd corollas for years... got addicted, Still at it. My latest is a gts hatch with mitsu 4g63 power & electronics.... I'm talkin' fully streetable with ac, pwr windows, pwr steering, etc. I've been thru some pretty nice street cars, and nothin' matches the "fun & feel" of these little rwd pocket rockets - wherever the factory was lacking, u simply improve... quicker steering, bigger brakes, adj suspen, etc

vg30 (z31) in 510s are way cool too. Silky smooth and fast

Wow, great project man.  the sin involved is not using the quest motor, im sure it wont mind giving it up for now.  For traction i say you charge people for rides and throw them in the trunk:)

if anyone of you havent been to the video section of FNF's site check it out and download the video titled malec.  crazy video, you wont be dissapointed.

Nice, I had thought about doing something like that but ended up with a 350/6spd and ALOT of friggen chassis reinforcements in my 69 510, never finished t, Someone gave me an offer I couldnt refuse. The guy that bought it said I get to drive it first when its all tuned in. I think of it as a ricerized Shelby Cobra  ;D

Guest c89zx7r
doing the same here . but all my starquest engine , drivetrian , suspension . is going into a 1971 240Z . 2000lb car . be less after i get rid of the heavy thick straight 6 and most of the metal body with fiberglass kit . one thing about these older cars . you go for a inspection here the old cars don't need mufflers or cats . :) so straight exhaust will go on this project .