Turbo magazine is no more....

zactek

I've been subscribing to "Turbo and Hi-Tech Performance" for over a decade now, and today I received a note from them saying that the February issue will be their last :confused0024:

Didn't see this coming, seems rather abrupt........

It also said that the subcription will be handled by "Modified" mag :mellow:

Zack

I've been subscribing to "Turbo and Hi-Tech Performance" for over a decade now, and today I received a note from them saying that the February issue will be their last :confused0024:

Didn't see this coming, seems rather abrupt........

It also said that the subcription will be handled by "Modified" mag :mellow:

Zack

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/21/source-...laying-off-115/

Sport compact car is gone as well, Turbo and Hi-tech got the axe before it, according to this article.

I saw this coming years ago.. they focused on drag racing too much and alot of competition popped up over the years. About 10 years ago there was Turbo, Sport Compact Car, and Super Street.. now theres about 5 or 6 mags, most of them have alot better presentation.. i.e Modified, Import Tuner.. they had some good tech articles back in the day but Im glad they are going under because of the 10 worst vehicles to modify article they wrote. Can you guess which car was number 1 on that list?

I saw this coming years ago.. they focused on drag racing too much and alot of competition popped up over the years. About 10 years ago there was Turbo, Sport Compact Car, and Super Street.. now theres about 5 or 6 mags, most of them have alot better presentation.. i.e Modified, Import Tuner.. they had some good tech articles back in the day but Im glad they are going under because of the 10 worst vehicles to modify article they wrote. Can you guess which car was number 1 on that list?

Don't even tell me it was a Conquest or Starion :character0056:

i doubt he was talkin about our cars, the guy seems more into american muscle and probably has no idea these cars exist, well if he indeed collected all these years since the 80's as he says then he prbably seen one but im sure he dont remember. Probably speaking of hondas or something lol

anyone know if that article is posted somewhere on the net?

i would love to seriously read it

i doubt he was talkin about our cars, the guy seems more into american muscle and probably has no idea these cars exist, well if he indeed collected all these years since the 80's as he says then he prbably seen one but im sure he dont remember. Probably speaking of hondas or something lol

I don't know what the flock you just said, but I agree.

Ah s***. I subscribed to SCC from '99 to '04, and bought issues periodically on the newsstands. I wasn't too thrilled when they canned the previous writers/editors in favor of those from Turbo, SS, and Import Tuner, but there was still great info and a good read.

Sucks.

It wasnt a full blown article, but I also do remember that the 240sx was on that list. And yes the Conquest/Starion was the number one worst car to make go fast according to their dumb tails. After they got a ton of hate mail(including me) they tried to back pedal and say that it was just an attempt at humor.

anyone know if that article is posted somewhere on the net?

i would love to seriously read it

+1

and they were probably just pissed because their all mighty Honda can't make d!ck for torque

Edited by dmyers151

DSport!

I renewed my subscription last Feb and have yet to receive anything. I've been reading it since it came out on news paper with articles written by Buschar. Its a good mag though. I still buy it at the news stand. :confused0024:

It wasnt a full blown article, but I also do remember that the 240sx was on that list. And yes the Conquest/Starion was the number one worst car to make go fast according to their dumb tails. After they got a ton of hate mail(including me) they tried to back pedal and say that it was just an attempt at humor.

a lot you guys don't know what it was like when the hottest setup you could get was an extra injector in the ovcp. the reputation of the SQ that led them to name the it the worst car to mod was based on those days. things are so much different now.

That sucks, considering the garbage that Super Street prints.

Exactly, every issue is how to put on an exhaust and an intake......

Damn, Sport Compact Car was the other mag I subscribed to........

I guess I'll have to see what Modified mag is all about. :confused0024:

Zack

SCC used to be really good. Back when they had real tech articles and issues with 100+ pages. This was back when the 350z was the new hot car.

But now I find the magazine lacking. I am currently only subscribing to Grassroots Motorsports.

I started subscribing to SCC in 02 or 03, but let my subscription run out last year. Where i felt it used to be dedicated to an enthusiast on a budget, now it seems to be just about suspension theory and 60k shop built evos and stis. Not my cup of tea.

Turbo magazine turned to toilet paper way back from when they went monthly. Nothing

but bigger photos, more ads & degraded articles.

I have older bi-monthly issues.... pretty decent stuff back then.

I remember their coverage of the first "drag wars" ~96 when the import craze was

about to blowup. I attended that event as well and can say there were sooooo many

interesting feature car/material. Did the worthless a-holes cover them ? No.

Its ALL about maximizing profit while performing as little work as possible.

Good riddance! .....greedy LAZY fkrs