Cooling fan temp sensor

89PalermoSHP

Im switching my radiator and Ive heard to install 2 low temp sensors. The only results Im getting from napa is the CTS. Anyone know off the top of their head what part number to ask for?

Thanks

I got these #s of of an old receipt, bought them from Kragen, I don't remember which one is the low temp (passenger side) or the high temp( driver side ), the #s are TS25801 and TS81771, I beleive they were Niehoff and they had the Mitsubishi diamond stamped on them.

Hope this helps.

Im switching my radiator and Ive heard to install 2 low temp sensors. The only results Im getting from napa is the CTS. Anyone know off the top of their head what part number to ask for?

Thanks

AutoZone SW508

Hey guys, could you post the high-temp. numbers as well.

I'm a such a purist.

Scared that if they're not coming on at different times

I won't know if one quit working :scared0016:

The sensors are screwed into the bottom tank of the radiator. From underneath the car, remove the metal pan underneath the engine (4 bolts). You'll see the bottom of the radiator and the two sensors... directly below each fan assembly. Each sensor triggers the fan motor directly above it. The driver side one is the "secondary" or high-temp side; that fan and sensor kick ON around 210 degrees. The passenger side sensor and fan (and the physically larger fan) kicks on at 180 to 190 degrees.

The sensors trip "on" by shorting the wire connector prong to the radiator body - which in theory is ground - to trigger a relay which in turn runs the fan. You can unplug the wire and ground it, then turn the ignition key to ON, to test the relay and fan motor. Connecting the prongs of the two sensors together - the splice the wires idea - gives you redundancy without having to replace the sensors and drain the radiator first. By connecting the two sensor prongs (actually the wires normally plugged into the sensors) either sensor will trigger both fan relays and thus both fan motors. The 180 deg temp sensor will do all the work... and if it ever fails the 210 one will take over. You'll notice a higher dash temp guage reading but it'll still be in the "safe" zone.

mike c.

does anyone have photos of where the sensors are and wich one i need to change to the low temp? i wouldnt mind picking one up and putting a lower temp in the high location for precuation.

Just replace the high temp. with a low temp. Replace the one on the drivers side with this one:Part no. MB007639. No wire splicing nessesary.

CALIBER 308