3.90 drop out

Haztoys1

88 Quest 3.90 rearend drop out ...Set up and ready to go .. 88.000 miles on the auto car it came out of ... used 3.90 gears ...

No bozos on the sale desclaimer please..

Theres some nice cars out there ... And this mod would realy make it all come together... I restacked the LSD plates right .. .. Its ready to go

$520.00 shipped .. or its off to ebay...

Flame away ... :twisted:

Captain Gear Box

Hazardous Toys inc

you know im in your corner haztoys,

the best estimate i got for the labor was 340.00 thats supplying my rear and gears.

the fact you went through the LSD and corrected the factory mistakes is another 100-200 in labor alone.

the clutches were not stacked ( in most of the ones that have been taken apart) as the manual says they should be...

noticable problem ...no, could doing it the correct way raise the lock up percentage of the LSD..yes

the point is this rear is 3:90 gears instead of the 3:55 and it has been checked and proven as good or better than stock.

If I had the extra money right now I would be all over this like white on rice. Things are a little tight right now, otherwise the 88 Starion automatic would be turning the rear wheels a little quicker...

BTW Monty, damn fine looking pic at the start line on that other thread... one of these evenings you are gonna be surprised to see me beside you in the parking lot at the Richmond 1/4 mile.... :shock:

My son went back to South Dakota (Air Force) and he left his dakota with me so I could find some storage for it... I found a 40x14 Storage facility that I can park his truck, my 86 TSi, and quite a few of the parts I got around here into it and still have some room left over... that rear end could sure sit there till I needed it! The fee for the 14x40 is only $148 a month......

John86TSi

no offense but for that type of money you can buy a brand new locker from reider racing that fits our rear... that and a good set of junkyard gears or new ones will hold a ton more power

so is this zero miles since rebuild/upgrade?

Mr Chad

Yes ..Zero miles..Parts inside are not new..But in very good shape..New seals..Real good yoke..I just have not parted a car in some time to have a 3.90 set up diff to sale out right..This has been set up for some time now .. I'm sorry I've blown you off on the gears Chad.. :oops: ...I can bite off more then I can choow some times... And can jump the gun ... Teach me to trust lawers time tables..LOL... But it looks like the mess is over .. And this will give me time and a little money...Some thing thats hard to get at the same time ...Once more sorry on that Chad..

Chad buy this ...And I'll be up your way as soon as I get the dragon killed here..He's almost dead...Every time I "think" he's dead he rears he's head and were back at it ... ("I've been in and out of Portland OR every other week ...Just no time to get your way...")

And I'll buy your core when I get up to see you...??? Like I said this is as good as it gets... The diff was out of a rusty auto car...Not eastcoast rust ..Just to much rust for a Arizona car ..And a guy who has Quest coming out his ears...So I parted that one ...So the case is not rusty...LSD looked great...Restack it to my spec.. :twisted: 8) ... So in a tight parking lot you "will" drag a wheel..But on the gas you "will" know right were the A$$ end of the car will end up...LOL...

Chad you need this ...Bad.. :wink:....We do Visa ..MasterCard ..Paypal..Cash.. Check... Gears Chad ...You of all people know what this will do to the overall set up in your car... :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

To All

This is the best "I" can do ...And "I'm" fully aware how EZ and cheap this mod is to do...Its so EZ and cheap that we have .........................Well

Let see ....................................Ten Quest cars on the plant with gears ..And five of them "I" own...LOL... :roll: ...

So now that we have the "this is EZ and cheap...And you cost to much drama out of the way".... :wink: ... I just do not see how you can have one set up for under $500.00 ... And no ones even had a shop try ...And they eather have to have the side shims cut and put Dana shims under the case bearings ...Or have a OEM Mitsu shim kit and no one has that...Not one of the EZ diff's out there to do right... And yes you can just bolt the gears up. :roll: ... But do as you wish..

I want to give you and Chad a chance to work out a deal, but if Chad doesn't want to take it, I do.

Also, I found that box of shims, and need your address to send it back. My apologies about not getting that back to you in a timly manner.

I still have those gears I bought from you a while back, and you are correct, a shop that has never done one of our cars wants over $500 to set them up, and they won't touch it unless I supply all wear parts, or a 'bearing and seal kit' for them too!

My friend and I can probably do a decent job of setting the gears up, but we don't seem to have the time to get to it. We know that job will take a little patience and studying to be sure about the set-up, so we have procrastinated it to death! :D

I spent maybe a total of $200 max rebuilding my rear end and putting 3.90s in(that includes the cost of the 3.90s as well...

sorry haz but that cost is a little much

Good for you .. Its all good.. you got a good deal... And "say" you could and I have got the gears for $50.00..And still had to pull them and go get them ..So the $50.00 number is low... And got some one to install for $150.00... Wow realy can,t feed the kids in this town on that... Book time is 5.0 hours install for ring and pinion in a Starion ...And that "say" you had the OEM shim Kit ..It takes me more then 5 hours to do one .. The whole rear diff you get here with me ..So you still have your old one ... You do get some money for your drop out if you sale it... And the LSD plates set up right ...

I hate my job .. LOL

I have never payed over $500.00 for a Quest ever .. And I just got a valve job done on a 4g63 DOHC head done for $27.00 ...(And I realy did ").. Let see it took $18.43 to ship a dam intake to Monty ..So this 60 pound + box should be a good $50.00 ++++any were it goes... Dam shipping Co's... The price of shipping kills stuff like this ...

And...

Now I was Just going to put this up here and not get into this ..LOL...And let those that want it get it ... I;m so a drama Moma..LOL...

no offense but for that type of money you can buy a brand new locker from reider racing that fits our rear... that and a good set of junkyard gears or new ones will hold a ton more power

Thats good you should go that root...It would be good for you ..

Now they have a locker for a "Starion" diff .. Right ... More info .. please

You have the spline count on the axles and over all hight from diff bearing to diff bearing for me ...?

Love to take a look..

Thats good you should go that root...It would be good for you ..

Now they have a locker for a "Starion" diff .. Right ... More info .. please

You have the spline count on the axles and over all hight from diff bearing to diff bearing for me ...?

Love to take a look..

the diff is actually designed for the montero/raider.. it works though.. let me dig up the info for ya

I spent maybe a total of $200 max rebuilding my rear end and putting 3.90s in(that includes the cost of the 3.90s as well...

Good for you .. Its all good.. you got a good deal... And "say" you could and I have got the gears for $50.00..And still had to pull them and go get them ..So the $50.00 number is low... And got some one to install for $150.00... Wow realy can,t feed the kids in this town on that... Book time is 5.0 hours install for ring and pinion in a Starion ...And that "say" you had the OEM shim Kit ..It takes me more then 5 hours to do one .. The whole rear diff you get here with me ..So you still have your old one ... You do get some money for your drop out if you sale it... And the LSD plates set up right ...

I hate my job .. LOL

I have never payed over $500.00 for a Quest ever .. And I just got a valve job done on a 4g63 DOHC head done for $27.00 ...(And I realy did ").. Let see it took $18.43 to ship a dam intake to Monty ..So this 60 pound + box should be a good $50.00 ++++any were it goes... Dam shipping Co's... The price of shipping kills stuff like this ...

And...

Now I was Just going to put this up here and not get into this ..LOL...And let those that want it get it ... I;m so a drama Moma..LOL...

HEY MAN....i sent a PM the day after i recievd the intake for payment instructions :) I still dont know where to send it man

copy of PM

To: Haztoys1

Posted: 05/2/07 9:38:51 am

Subject: Re: Van intake

dude, it came in today!!! you never even told me what to pay for it.

your awesome

Monty

i didnt want someone to get the wrong idea like i stiffed you or something (you know how some of these guys think)

I hate my job .. LOL

And...

HEY MAN....i sent a PM the day after i recievd the intake for payment instructions :) I still dont know where to send it man

copy of PM

To: Haztoys1

Posted: 05/2/07 9:38:51 am

Subject: Re: Van intake

dude, it came in today!!! you never even told me what to pay for it.

your awesome

Monty

i didnt want someone to get the wrong idea like i stiffed you or something (you know how some of these guys think)

Sorry Monty .. Not upset on the intake at all ...Just upset on the dam Post Office for what they charge to ship stufff...I'll pm you ... What you fixing an van ..LOL

Sorry about that

here ya go

http://reiderracing.com/pgpowerbrute.htm

part LOM83

It is the Precision Gear power brute model

slightly more info can be found here:

www.precisiongear.com

Its amateur hour ... I do not see a Starion diff listed ... ??

You do know a truck diff is wider and bigger axle size and tooth count..Right

The maker of that diff in Japan is making them for most of the Jap Car makers ...And has for ever... You car tell by the tooling there using ... So I bet that they have the Starion tooling to some were...Or Did ...

I've had my hands on the Precision D-50 diff ... And it will not work in a Starion ..

And its not a locker its the same thing we have ..LSD...

I could be wrong

Now ware were we befor the roomers got started

excuse me mr fabulous. First off my info was gained from reider racing who said it will work... If you have tested it and it does not great..saves me from having to fight with them over the return, as I was about to order one.

The smart arse attitude can be left at the door if you dont mind though...as usual just trying to provide any info I learn about. And dont call me an ameteur buddy... You dont even know me :wink:

OK...

I am NO Diff expert by any means but ....

Why if the Montero and Raider guys use our 28 spline LSD centers on their

trucks ( In the rear on the 2.6L and up Front on the V6) but we cant use THEIRS ?

WHY NOT ?

The guys from the 4x4Wire.com forums have been slapping Starion LSD's

into their trucks for some time now with NO modifications. So again can

someone explain why is this a "One Way Street" ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTING:

Q- Can anyone tell me if the posi unit out of an 83' Starion will fit

the front of my 89' V6 5-speed Raider?

A- You want an LSD from a 88-89 Starion, its a drop in and the axle

splines are an exact match.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php...rev=#Post836094

QUOTING:

Q- ..... 4 or 6 bolt rear axle flanges at the diff?

A- You need an 88-89 Starion LSD for the v6 Front 8".

- 88-89 Quest LSD into V6 housing, using V6 CVs 28 spline.

- 87 Quest LSD into V6 housing, using 4-cyl CVs 25 spline.

- Pre-87 Quest LSD into 4-cyl housing custom spacers.

LINK to "88-89 Quest LSD into a Monty & Raider front diff carrier" articles bellow.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php...part=1&vc=1

Possibly the part number is wrong as that number if the D50 wich are the

4cy with the 7" diffs and the V6's have the 8" diffs up front. What needs to

be asked is if these available units are the 7", 8" or the 9" diffs.

AGAIN I am no expert just going by whats been done and documented here.

Oscar

excuse me mr fabulous. First off my info was gained from reider racing who said it will work... If you have tested it and it does not great..saves me from having to fight with them over the return, as I was about to order one.

The smart arse attitude can be left at the door if you dont mind though...as usual just trying to provide any info I learn about. And dont call me an ameteur buddy... You dont even know me :wink:

hey man, i know he came off a little harsh...there is a reason, everytime he has posted things he has done or wants to sale a bunch of folks get on a flame war over it. He has done a bunch of stuff that we could use but doesnt share because of it.

I dont think he meant it personally towards you per say but he has been treated unfairly for some great ideas in the past.

Oscar

Montys right.. just because "a" ring gear will fit to both LSD's...Does not mean "said' LSD will physically go into a housing ..

The truck lsd has bigger axles,, bigger plates ,,side gears ,,spider gears,,

So the truck lsd is bigger ...Its bigger but still has room for the Star/D50 ring and pinion...And its wider from bearing to bearing is the reason...The truck lsd diff will not physically go into the Starion housing...

Truck diff is to wide ..Is the reason....

Now do you see why Oscar..?