Megasquirt Maps and Tables

I'm running MS2 2.890 code. I can only datalog in the Driveway....my laptop crashed and died :lightingzapA: Today I'm installing the interior A/F, Oil Pressure, Tach, and Water Temp Gauges, and I'll Datalog the Accel in a new thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

msextra

Download the latest MS extra for MS-II. And when you set up your tables change the rpm bins to something more realistic, meaning that the car will never see 500 rpm as it idles at 750 and if you never rev to 6000 change it to the top of your rev range. You can even put the rpm and map closer together in areas where you want more resolution for tuning and further apart in the areas that the tune won't change much.

Scott

msextra

Download the latest MS extra for MS-II. And when you set up your tables change the rpm bins to something more realistic, meaning that the car will never see 500 rpm as it idles at 750 and if you never rev to 6000 change it to the top of your rev range. You can even put the rpm and map closer together in areas where you want more resolution for tuning and further apart in the areas that the tune won't change much.

Scott

I know your not attacking me, but i put mine that low intentionally, with having 16 bins i wanted to have one below idle because i was having issues where it would drop below idle RPM and do some goofy crap, with 16 bins i can get away with doing things like that.

but yeah you can do that same thing with the KPA bins, which is why half of my map is 0-100 and the other half is 100-230

msextra

Scott

I've redlined my motor at 7000 for a couple of years I am just hanging back at 6000 now for the basic tune.. Which one is the latest Extra for MS2, is it the 3.0?

Edited by VICE

Can somebody tell me what is the reason and why numbers in the box's in the VE table go up and DOWN slightly as the RPM's increase, why not have a STEADY number till you reach high RPMs?

i suppose in a perfect world, or a car thats completely tuned you would see that the VE goes up every square, but most of the maps posted here are all tuned by hand on the street, and if it works it just gets left at where its at.

So it does serve a purpose? Hey Jah I modified my VE table to very close to yours and I used the 12x12 map and I am going to try it as soon as I get this tranny in by UPS..

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/Sw_Meqk0ZRI/AAAAAAAABLU/_p0wMwY8xpg/s800/JahVE.jpg

So it does serve a purpose? Hey Jah I modified my VE table to very close to yours and I used the 12x12 map and I am going to try it as soon as I get this tranny in by UPS..

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/Sw_Meqk0ZRI/AAAAAAAABLU/_p0wMwY8xpg/s800/JahVE.jpg

Also, on that table, it will "interpolate" your "real" VE between the cells that you are at. What that means is that let's say your idle is 1000rpm at 20 inches of vacuum, your VE is "really" more towards that 32 than the 39. Realistically, it's probably like a 33 or 34. BUT... if for some reason the car bogs down towards that 500 rpm number, then the "extra" fuel from the higher numbered bin will help keep it running. The real problem here is that you can get some real funky "pull out from dead stops" because you will also lose vacuum as you lose rpm in that scenario, which moves your cell over to the left AND UP THE TABLE at the same time, and those numbers get real big, real fast.

Vice....What is your car doing...I'm not being mean...but that fuel map is horrible.....what kind of afr's are you running idle...cruise...wot??

Is your exhaust still running too hott? Have you tried some of the other guys tunes on here?

Vice, What is your actual timing set at? With a timing light...at idle...does it match tuner studio? It has to match. and....that fuel map you posted does NOT look like Kyles map....its jumping 20-25 ve at a time through the entire power band....there is no way your are going to get a smooth accel out of that. Post the other VE table you are talking about so we can look at it.

So I tried the similar VE table to yours Jah and the car was sputtering under boost and wouldn't boost or pull right soo how come it works better with that VE table I got with the high numbers?

its been my findings that no 2 cars will act the same on similar maps. i started out using a map from an old member and that map gave me a decent ve table but i had to shift the whole map up by like 4 points and then still had to richen and lean certain areas. as for the timing, im using one that is partially based on another map i dont remember where it came from and did my own modifications to it. bottom line, dont expect anyones maps to be worth much more than a starting point. these cars just react wayyyyy too differently.

its been my findings that no 2 cars will act the same on similar maps. i started out using a map from an old member and that map gave me a decent ve table but i had to shift the whole map up by like 4 points and then still had to richen and lean certain areas. as for the timing, im using one that is partially based on another map i dont remember where it came from and did my own modifications to it. bottom line, dont expect anyones maps to be worth much more than a starting point. these cars just react wayyyyy too differently.

on fuel maps, definietly. BUT.... ignition maps should all be pretty similar regardless of ignition setup