another 300+hp starion

My buddy dyno'd his car last week and pulled 398hp and 366tq. He reached his goal and the car has so much more potential. Here is the dyno sheet. http://h1.ripway.com/Mingo1/000_0192.jpg

Im digging those red blades! Someone must have had their hand too close during tuning! HAHAHA!

What OCT was that dyno done with?

MINGO WHERES MY DYNO SHEETS!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot higher than 300whp on a 19C TDO5? hmm maybe on race gas. Over 20psi is out of efficiency. If it does break the 300whp it wont be for very long duration. In the period that I ran mine I just dont think it has the top end flow to pull it off.

The 19C turbo is a response unit not a high boost one. It has the same flow characteristics as a S16G. I havent seen any 290whp+ 16G's and only 1 300whp+ 18G and that was pushing 28psi!! Put your 19C at 28psi and see what you get.

Please prove me wrong as Ill be running mine for a bit while I get funds for a bigger one together.

phil

Good numbers, i'll bet it moves alright.

I have to get to the mid 500's to keep up with my friends now. One guy just got done with his stealth with mid 5's on pump gas with a couple bb 50 trims. it's quick. gt35 here i come! :)

get some more pics, and numbers and charts and things of this nature.

I have to get to the mid 500's to keep up with my friends now. One guy just got done with his stealth with mid 5's on pump gas with a couple bb 50 trims. it's quick. gt35 here i come! :)

You do know BB turbos cannot be rebuilt right? So if anything happens to yours your fuck_ed. So dont be too hasty. Borg warner looking better and better to me. I will start a new thread in a few minutes

• 2 weeks later...
You do know BB turbos cannot be rebuilt right? So if anything happens to yours your #*&!. So dont be too hasty. Borg warner looking better and better to me. I will start a new thread in a few minutes

from what i've heard, they can be rebuilt, but they have to be sent to garrett, however, a turbo shop near me, in lakeland, fl recently started rebuilding BB turbos. They went through a lot of crap too be able to do it. They lost a sponsorship, and garrett threatened with patent infringement. Problem is there's no patent on repair work. :lol:

fyi, the place is called "extreme turbo shop"

You do know BB turbos cannot be rebuilt right? So if anything happens to yours your #*&!. So dont be too hasty. Borg warner looking better and better to me. I will start a new thread in a few minutes

from what i've heard, they can be rebuilt, but they have to be sent to garrett, however, a turbo shop near me, in lakeland, fl recently started rebuilding BB turbos. They went through a lot of crap too be able to do it. They lost a sponsorship, and garrett threatened with patent infringement. Problem is there's no patent on repair work. :lol:

fyi, the place is called "extreme turbo shop"

borg warner might corner the market soon.

just imagine how much money to rebuild a bb turbo

borg warner will corner the market only when they start giving away free turbos. Not gonna happen. Let the turbo prove themselves.

Garret GT hype promised the same thing, yet the old stuff still holds its ground at a mere fraction of the price. Thats progress ?

I beleive Limit Engineering has been rebuilding ballbearing turbos for some time now.

I'd call yours a mismatch, or could be gearing, wastegate, boostcontroller or a number of variables. GT, ballbearing & the pricetag ain't the remedy.

No comparible gt will spinup in 1/4 the time as say boosteds, tainter, mine (60-1), etc.. it would have to idle @15psi :)

I believe heef posted his gt35 hit 24psi ~6000rpm in 1st.

We sure did jack this guys thread.

Is this compressor wheel really red like that, for show ?

458hp atw is strong... if thats where its at currently

youll likely kill a slealth that has mid 500 if you get around 400 to the wheels on your car. Thats in the 1/4 mile of course..Im not sure in a typical street race or 1/8th mile you can make up for the launch. With mid 500's youll kill him with ease.

Monty

Just keep an eye on us we are working some magic of our own. My engine is built and ready to go and my turbo and header should be ready this coming week also. We call each other the Texas Two Step. I know corny but hey we like it. And yes this car pulls real hard on the highway I have seen him spank many v8 tails.

it really is amazing what some g54s have dyno'd on 93 pump. So much for the 'detonation prone' myths.

Lower torque output may let you get away with more I guess.

did precision make that turbo with the red blade ?

is that "mad top end" as in mph or rpms ?

I'm curious to see the 458hp torque curve, seeing as the 1st post 398hp was higher than the 366 torque peak. Unusual for a street g54. Sounds like it spools further up in the midrange.

I recall the Spec 3 slipping @27psi? on Mingos setup ? Was something upgraded in the clutch for this car, or same torque limit ?

Same toque limit he is using my old Spec 3 but is planning on upgrading to an ACT. We dropped the psi on my car to 20 and it was still slipping. Hey blkquest88 in case you didn't realize, I did make 361hp on my car with a stock longblock and smaller turbo. Albert and I are really good friends and my car inspired him to make more power and now his car inspires me to make more power you know friendly comp between friends.

Yes he did and when are you gonna get that black quest going man? I just got back from Ric's and ordered my new turbo. Of course I ended up getting the same one like Berts since that was the one I was gonna get originally. I drive my car daily so too big of a turbo like a gt42r is an overkill for me. If any yall want Precision turbo's contact turboric at www.racingmazda.com and he will hook you up. :twisted: :twisted: