TylerQuest

Kreal

i would also like to thank Devin.he asked me to help him build a handfull of quests for him.so i went to texas and stayed here.he helped me move my family down here and even set us up in his old house until we find a house that we want.he is a great guy and a good friend to have...thanks,man. :D

Russ

• 3 months later...

i would like to thank Devin again...i was running him around town and broke an axle...since we couldn't fix it right away we got his car and he dropped me at my house.later he towed my car that night to my house and even gave me an axle.

thanks,man :D

I wanted to say thank you to Tylerquest. This guy is amazing. Working in 103 degree Texas heat he swapped my motor out in a 2 days. He basically did this for free just to help me get my quest going again. My quest roars like the day I bought it off the showroom floor. Thanks again

Tylerquest. You are the starquester of the year. :D

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

$30 wasted on scrap metal after I specifically said I needed a core for a roller cam. Now, a month of "didnt the other 2 cams I sent arrive?" and "Ill refund your $". Cmon, who doesnt get tracking numbers???

Im not quick to jump to conclusions but Ive given you plenty of time to get this taken care of.... just do what you say your going to do.

EDIT: Devin has refunded my money.

$30 wasted on scrap metal after I specifically said I needed a core for a roller cam. Now, a month of "didnt the other 2 cams I sent arrive?" and "Ill refund your $". Cmon, who doesnt get tracking numbers???

Im not quick to jump to conclusions but Ive given you plenty of time to get this taken care of.... just do what you say your going to do.

Yeah, that aint gonna happen. Bought a car from the fool and it was nothing he said it was. Completely took me for a ride and ripped me off.

Yeah, ask the guys over on 26liter. Theyll tell you all need to hear about him.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: Devin has refunded my money.

Your cams were sent USPS, as we agreed, and they don't have tracking numbers. It was my fault for not getting delivery confirmation, but I refunded your money.....

Yeah, that aint gonna happen. Bought a car from the fool and it was nothing he said it was. Completely took me for a ride and ripped me off.

Yeah, ask the guys over on 26liter. Theyll tell you all need to hear about him.

Be sure and ask NotFried while you're at it. Ask him about all the work he did the DAY BEFORE phinko got the car and destroyed it. Ask him how long the car ran while he was working on it (over 30 minutes).

I told Phil that the car was far from perfect, in fact, I used the word "rough" repeatedly. I put a whole lot of effort into getting the car into decent running condition, but he knew ahead of time (From many emails and calls, and NUMEROUS pictures) that the car was far from perfect. The main point of it (that he conveniently leaves out) is that it had a mint interior with a custom wired audio system that just needed a head unit. He neglects to mention that I put a new fuel pump in the car, had the TB rebuilt, tune-up done (the work Notfried did), and numerous other things to make the car as good as possible. Not to mention the fact that I brought the car to Ft Worth for him, without even asking for a deposit. Then he reneged on the deal we had made after we got there. Even tho I had already told him EVERY issue the car had (like needing a muffler, etc.) I put a good engine in the car (engine came from Springer, and was known good). I even took the new battery off my yellow car and gave it to him. He said it wasn't right because it "looked too small" (Gee, batteries tend to be smaller these days than they were in the 80s...it was the recommended battery for the car and had the proper cranking amps.)

Here's what REALLY happened, condensed version:

When he started the drive to Abilene (something I advised against, since the car did not have legal registration or recent road history, but he did it anyway) the car developed a crack in the intake manifold. This was a freak failure, which could not be predicted. Then, as he told me on the phone, he drove the car "a ways" before he pulled over, with it hot. He waited on the side of the road for it to cool some, then drove it hot again, this time until it died. THe second time he got it so hot it not only ruined the head, it warped the intake runners, cooked the water pump, and even scorched the TB so badly you couldn't tell it had been rebuilt.

He called on the phone and told me and Russ "the oil pan is full of water", when in fact there was NO water in the oil when Russ got there and drained it. This guy is supposed to be a jet engine mechanic, but he can't tell the difference in oil and water?

Even after all this, I agreed to pay Russ (Notfried) to come check on the car and try to get it going, with the caveat that noone else was to work on it before he got there. Then Phil decided to attack me in public, call and lie to my face (after making arrangements with Russ himself, he called me and told me he did not know what was going on with Russ), so at that point I told him I was done with him, and he was on his own with the car that HE DESTROYED!!!! I gave him a good running car, and he killed it. I am not responsible for his stupidity. I think the real story was his wife didn't like the car because she thought it was ugly, and he saw an opportunity to claim it had a problem and try to get me to buy it back from him, so he took it. Then he got mad when it didn't work.

As an aside, he got new parts from the DFW crew, including non-jet head and other parts, and he has since ruined those as well.....wonder who he blamed that on?

And yes, EVERYONE please read the 26liter thread. Pay particular attention to who points out facts and tries to stay civil (me) and who takes every opportunity to call names and generally be uncivilized, while ignoring the real facts of the matter.......

HAHAHA! So I got the motor sooo hot it fried the fuel pump HAHAHAHA!

Was that tune up done with new parts or did it all come from the same stash as the used headgaskets you sent russ to put on the car?! HAHAHA

Oh, I also like how the "new" alternator you put on there was toast.

HAHAHA! So I got the motor sooo hot it fried the fuel pump HAHAHAHA!

Was that tune up done with new parts or did it all come from the same stash as the used headgaskets you sent russ to put on the car?! HAHAHA

Oh, I also like how the "new" alternator you put on there was toast.

Sorry...meant to say "water" pump....corrected.

Russ did the work with new parts, as you well know, if you would admit.

IF the alternator was toast, why was it charging fine when you test drove the car, and when it sat, RUNNING, in the parking lot for 15 minutes while you walked around it and looked it over? IF the alternator wasn't charging, it would not have ran that long, IMO.

and further, I never said the alternator was new, in fact I distinctly recall saying it came from running engine and worked fine.

I bought my 87 from Devin, and it was great! Communication was great, and he was very honest about all the good and bad things on the car.

I also saw the car he sold Phinko just before the delivery and it ran fine. So well, in fact, that I tried to buy it, but Devin wouldn't sell because he had already made a deal with Phinko.