any suggestion for Fuel Pump upgrade.what brand is the best.

is it ok having an upgrade fuel pump, i mean i'm sure will be great having an upgrade fuel pump, the stock is quite small but it seems ok for the nature HP that gives the stock Conquest and Starion's, but once you modify your ride(conq/star)gaining more extra HP when you are doing upgrade like having a Magna MPI, w/ turbo upgrade, and fuel injectors upgrade, it will be great having a bigger Fuel Pump to hold all that HP. for example,

if you gain extra 250HP+200HP(nature engine HP) total will be 450 at, so for that case we have no choice that we need to modify(upgrade)Fuel Pump that can hold up to 500HP, its a big fuel pump, its better having a big fuel pump like that or not that big, but you can control the Fuel that is giving that big Fuel Pump w/ a Fuel Pressure Regulator, so we you need more fuel pressure you can regulate the fuel by increasing or decreasing, the fuel pressure. so if anyone has any suggestion about fuel Pressure w/ Fuel Upgrade please let me know, when it comes to upgrade turbo, engine, Fuel Injection sytem, intercooler system, and ignition system, so all that the HP will gain extra 200/300HP, so in that case what can we do about it w/ the fuel system stay stock or will have to upgrade it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys,

What is the max HP from the Walbro 255 LPH?

One company claims 400HP and one claims 550HP.

It may be over kill but, I'm going with the Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump

good to 700HP. Flows at 500lbs. per hour @ 12 Volts and 45 PSI

Ok guys,

What is the max HP from the Walbro 255 LPH?

One company claims 400HP and one claims 550HP.

It may be over kill but, I'm going with the Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump

good to 700HP. Flows at 500lbs. per hour @ 12 Volts and 45 PSI

Wow, that's all I can say... I think the 255 will be good for about 500hp, but that's pushing it. It is a very good pump and there are alot of DSM's using them and making deep into the 400's with them... Remember it takes more massaging of our motor to get those numbers, so as an all around pump the 255 will suffice. Not sure what you plan on making but I'd like to see 400 or more from mine one day, but I want reliability for now and will probably only be pushing 350wheel....

Remember with that pump you're going to be redoing the entire fuel system.... New lines all the way to the fuel rail and back, as the stock lines won't be able to hold that amount of flow.... That's something I didn't want to get into yet...

Glenn

Isn't it kind of hard to say how much HP you are going to get out of a FP? I mean there isn't a specific number. It wil provide you with more fuel, now what you do with that fuel is up to you.

jr_ss, you don't have to redo the entire fuel system. The stock lines will hold up. The kit that I posted makes it so you can use all your stock lines. It's probably a good idea to upgrade your lines, but you do not have to.

I have a Master e2315, it's a high output. I'm not happy with it really. I needed one in a pinch and bought it instead of a Walbro.

If the Master FP heats up, it shuts down. Also it's really noisey and it comes and goes.

Shawn

I have a Master e2315, it's a high output. I'm not happy with it really. I needed one in a pinch and bought it instead of a Walbro.

If the Master FP heats up, it shuts down. Also it's really noisey and it comes and goes.

Shawn

The Walbro isn't that loud to tell you the truth, It's similar to a GM fuel pump in noise level, you can hear it but it's not obnoxious... I'd replace that masters before it leaves you stranded somewhere...

I just bought the Walbro 392. In my opinion it's the best pump for the money. I had the Bosch pump that TEP calls it's 500 hp pump that sells for nearly $300 and the Walbro out pumps it. As far as the noise, it's no noisier than the bosch and I can't really hear it when the car is running.

Dave

I noticed that Jegs sells an MSD pump that flows 282 lb/hr at 40psi. It's a step down from the walbro flow-wise, but it's a bit cheaper too at $93. It actually looks a lot like the walbro pumps, wouldn't be surprised if they made them.

Some members had problems with the MSD pump. I heard it was very noisy and caused some vapor lock in certain cases.

I have the Master e2315 pump and I share the same opinions as an earlier post - don't buy it!

The Walbro is one of the only proven high output pumps for the conquest.

The Bosch 500hp pump that CNM used to sell was very popular but I don't think anyone ever found the part number to purchase it now that CNM is long gone. (btw the CNM 350hp pump was the e2315 when the Master pumps were more reliable)

kev

I have the Master e2315 pump and I share the same opinions as an earlier post - don't buy it!

Thank God, I'm not the only one. I thought maybe it was just the one I have. I bought it because I was able to get it next day, and I needed it the same day I bought it. Walbro is in the future for me.

Shawn

Yes the master e2315 pump actually causes a vapor lock on hot days when your tank is below a quarter full. You will hear the pump getting louder and louder and louder. Just FYI, the louder that pump gets the lower your fuel pressure (this was verified by Tim C)! One way to shut this thing up if it gets real bad is to loosen up your gas cap two turns and let the tank depressurize. It will get you home at least without worry of leaning your car out. I just get in a habit of keeping the gas level at over a half a tank in the summertime.

kev

I just bought the Walbro 392. In my opinion it's the best pump for the money. I had the Bosch pump that TEP calls it's 500 hp pump that sells for nearly $300 and the Walbro out pumps it. As far as the noise, it's no noisier than the bosch and I can't really hear it when the car is running.

Dave

Is that an in-tank pump?

ive seen walbro pumps hold 600hp with no problems if u buy that areomotive u might as well throw ur money away because that is what u will be pretty much be doing if u buy it. to many people have been having problems with the aero. pumps. if u wanna a little extra fuel do a dual 255 setup. it takes a little work but it can be done. i am in the middle of setting that up right now

if u got any questions pm me

matt

Yes the master e2315 pump actually causes a vapor lock on hot days when your tank is below a quarter full. You will hear the pump getting louder and louder and louder. Just FYI, the louder that pump gets the lower your fuel pressure (this was verified by Tim C)! One way to shut this thing up if it gets real bad is to loosen up your gas cap two turns and let the tank depressurize. It will get you home at least without worry of leaning your car out. I just get in a habit of keeping the gas level at over a half a tank in the summertime.

kev

That's funny you mention that. I'v been having trouble and I have noticed it with the hotter weather. About 45 mins ago, idling not for long. It was getting louder and louder then died. I had t rev it to keep it running. I do have 1/2 tank though it it's about 88 out and humid.

Walbro all the way, my master is coming off soon!

Shawn

just curious, denso makes a really good fuel pump, wnd the price isnt bad, just wanted to try it but if its not really worth it theres no point, ill go with the walboro.

QUOTE ("Kr0nus

ditto. Get it from [url="http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/")

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/[/url] get the 400-952 kit and type in STARQUEST as a promotion code when ordering. It will come out to $127 shipped.

were in the world is that setup on the site... either im blind or that site is impossible to navigate. didnt see that part number anywere, and theres not a search function.

sx-1000 fuel pump is I believe is the BEST fuel pump you can find in the market for almost any application, being able to flow very high at low pressures..I dont have the specs in my head, but its a very reliable billet unit with topnotch internals, can run alcohol. AGAIN I BELIEVE its BEST FOR MPI 285 shipped from import power online. its an overkill for TBI setup, hence walbro comes at a better advantage.

You can find walbro 255 on ebay cheap.

http://www.importpoweronline.com/catalog/images/redpump.jpg

The picture shown above is nothing like when you actually see it in person. You can tell by looking at it that its a serious pump. I heard a guy used just one of these in his boat...runs two 350's!

I heard a guy used just one of these in his boat...runs two 350's!

Exactly, it's overkill for our cars unless you plan on running 1000hp. The Walbro is a cheap reliable pump that most members on the board won't even use all of it's potential. 300$ for that pump is 2 Walbro's and completely new fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rail and from the rail to the tank almost... Just not practical for most members that's all. I'm not knocking your decision, just remember you'll probably be replacing the fuel lines too, with that pump... You'll probably also find that pump to be very noisy...

just curious, denso makes a really good fuel pump, wnd the price isnt bad, just wanted to try it but if its not really worth it theres no point, ill go with the walboro.

QUOTE ("Kr0nus

ditto. Get it from [url="http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/")

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/[/url] get the 400-952 kit and type in STARQUEST as a promotion code when ordering. It will come out to $127 shipped.

were in the world is that setup on the site... either im blind or that site is impossible to navigate. didnt see that part number anywere, and theres not a search function.

Look on the left side where it says "EXTERNAL". Click on that link.

As far as the SX-1000, I'm having some trouble trying to track down some specs for it. Can anyone help me out. The only thing I've read is that it can support 1000 HP, but then again that would entirely depend on what kind of engine it was supporting.