TEP Springs...

Supposively drop your ride about 1.25 inches, anyone running them on their car, if so how do you like them, I guess TEP makes them as they don't seem to be a name brand?

i dunno about that, they are probably ST since that's the only company that makes the springs anymore.

as far as looks, i don't like the ST's really because the front is too high, if you can find a set of eibachs, get 'em. perfect stance.

i'm assuming tep is using the ST's. who else would they get 'em from?

I beleive they are not the ST springs,I think they are just some stiffer springs that fit that they get from a supplier like comp. engineering. Not specific for the quest just the correct size and different rates.

• 3 weeks later...
i have them ( TEP ) on my 87. they were great. but now they seem to have actually dropped more than 1.25 inch. almost like the spring lasted about 2 years and now sag real bad. the rear wheel well is actually lower than the top of the tire. i dont know if i would try them again. i did like the way it made the car handle little stiffer ride. i just think if there is an alternative id try it first.

i have them ( TEP ) on my 87. they were great. but now they seem to have actually dropped more than 1.25 inch. almost like the spring lasted about 2 years and now sag real bad. the rear wheel well is actually lower than the top of the tire. i dont know if i would try them again. i did like the way it made the car handle little stiffer ride. i just think if there is an alternative id try it first.

what color are the springs. what you are desciring is exactly what happens to the ST springs. they sag in the back like crazy.

the older produced ST springs were gray, i think the newer ones are blue. i dont know if the newer ones are any different material.

I have the same exatc set as the pic above, I should be getting them on next week or so.  I really hope that they don't sag to much.  I will take some pics so you can see how low it is.

I just installed the front springs this last weekend.

Here is a stock versus st front spring:

http://myweb.cableone.net/jisleyjr/images/stock_vs_st.jpg

Here is a picture a year ago with stock springs in:

http://myweb.cableone.net/jisleyjr/images/right_fender_before.jpg

Here is a picture from saturday after installing the front st springs.

http://myweb.cableone.net/jisleyjr/images/right_fender.jpg

Doesn't appear to drop that much.

• 1 month later...
I have confermed that the TEP springs are ST springs, but TEP can have a custom springs for racing made for a lot of cash. H and R used to make springs to.I have been told ther are progressive and lower about 1.75 if you can find them. Intrax was also making some springs for our cars supposibly but haven't seen them. I dought it though. They are some coilover kits on ebay for our cars now,the more are sold the more they will make.

my car has the "Droopy Butt" look i hate it, i have Suspension tech spring all the way around! its either cut the front to slam the car(not what i want)

or get some coil-overs instead.

probly coil overs.

I got TEP springs on my car, you can go to my website to see the pics of the car. I think it looks good, and they're not gray, so I don't think they're st's.

My websites in my sig.

• 3 weeks later...

I too am unhappy with the droopy butt look of the ST springs.

Why was this never spoken of before? I asked all over the place during the winter when shopping for springs, and heard nothing about them actually dropping 2-3", while listed as 1" drop....yeah right!!

I was unable to find Eibachs at that time.

What else is out there? Coilovers are EXPENSIVE!! Dare I say...dealer replacements?

-Matt

The coilover kit I have for my car(aren't installed yet) are a set that Art could get his hands on. I heard many times that the ST's sagged bad, and that's the last thing I wanted. When I found out that Art was getting the kit shipped into the states again I jumped on. You should contact art to see if he has any kits left. If not, maybe he'll get another gp for them... I chose 450lbs front and 350lbs in the rear (spring rates). I hope to get the Tokico Blues, along with the camber plates and Arts coilovers all installed by fall time. I'll post pictures of before and after, and when I adjust the ride height to what I want...