Widening Stock Wheels

12" rears. I hope you plan on doing a mini tub in the trunk. I have 255x50x16 street slicks and there is barely any clearance. You may be able to go 265 tops but 12" I think would think are going to look dumb if it fits at all.  The rim will be wider than the tire foot print.

where is this place you are getting them widened at again....i dont feel the need to go wider than 8/9 but i have another set of the black enkeis lined up if i want them and they would be cool in 8/9....thanks

Monty

I'm wanting 11's or 13's out back so let me know how the widening goes.  I was also planning on widening the fenders about 1" or 2" on either side to clear.  I'd really like to see results.

Laters,

Brian

Damn bro, me and you are on the same page. Ever since I got the SQ, I've said to myself.....Wider.......Wider

I figure that two inches in back on each side and one inch in front on each side would do the trick. I want to tuck some 18x8's in front and 19x10.5 in the back.

On a side note. How the hell are you going to find tires for a 12 inch wide 16 inch tall rim? It'd have to be at least 285 to even mount on the rim, and you could still go 325's real easy.

John

Damn bro, me and you are on the same page. Ever since I got the SQ, I've said to myself.....Wider.......Wider

I figure that two inches in back on each side and one inch in front on each side would do the trick. I want to tuck some 18x8's in front and 19x10.5 in the back.  

On a side note. How the hell are you going to find tires for a 12 inch wide 16 inch tall rim? It'd have to be at least 285 to even mount on the rim, and you could still go 325's real easy.

John  

17x8's up front and 17x11-13's out back.  That's what I want.  Maybe 18's, who knows.  I'll have to see what I can find in a light weight wheel.  My car is gonna be for road racing so I gotta go for light weight over blingage.  LOL  That's what the Bimmer's for.  LOL

My car is gonna be for road racing so I gotta go for light weight over blingage.  LOL  That's what the Bimmer's for.  LOL

Brother your car aint gonna do crap till you get it running. lol  Its been how long since you started this project and you interested in widening the wheels?? one word PRORITES. get off the puter and get to work. :)

Brother your car aint gonna do crap till you get it running. lol  Its been how long since you started this project and you interested in widening the wheels?? one word PRORITES. get off the puter and get to work. :)

Ouch!  http://www.bullittzero.com/Vbb/images/smilies/slap.gif

One of my priorities is to get new and wider wheels.  Mine are thrashed bigtime.  I also figured that since I'm gettin new ones I might as well get bigger, badder, better ones.  Also, my car ain't comin out till it's absolutely perfect the way I want it.  I don't wanna drive it around all half ---------------.  I want it done done.  Problem seems to be I change my mind a lot.  LOL

lol yeah I picked up on the frequent mind changing.  I don't know if they make 17s for our cars but weld and centerline make a few modles of light rims for our cars.  They lean more toward the muscle car rather than import car motif. I'm guessing you already have something in mind though. ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Point being you cant buy a 16" Tire wider than 265....

Just my view...

-Edward

Maybe for the daily street tire you cant, but for a DOT legal Hoosier Raodracing tire you can get 275/45/16, this is what I use for my rear at the track.  And these fit nice on the 9" wheels actualy, I folded up the inner lip just to be safe so there was no rubbing in hard cornering tho. I'll have to try and get a pic of these monsters from the rear on the car.  Oh and also, no rubbing on the springs either.

AndyW

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...