Chad modded Magna GP - $370 for everything

b00st3d

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a little late to be asking, but after the modifications are made to these magna intakes, will it still be possible to bolt them up to the 2nd gen magna heads?  With the greater flow capability of the intake and mpi, I think that would be the best way to take advantage of the extra flow.

I believe you could just have Chad NOT do the rear waterjacket mod, and leave the opening size as is.

I know this is a little late to be asking, but after the modifications are made to these magna intakes, will it still be possible to bolt them up to the 2nd gen magna heads?  With the greater flow capability of the intake and mpi, I think that would be the best way to take advantage of the extra flow.

• 2 weeks later...

Chad has just emailed me, informing me 3/4 of the manifolds are done.. however, the gaskets are for TR!! The idiots at the store I got them at got the wrong ones.. it's partially my fault however, because I should of double-checked them against the TP manifolds. I just assumed they would of gotten the correct ones cos I not only specified TP, but I also said the years they were made, and that it is the oldest shape magna.  >:(  >:(

I will order some more tomorrow and actually take a manifold there and show them so this time they don't stuff it up. It will take a couple of days to get them sent to the local store, then I will send them off ASAP - probably get there late next week or early the week after.  >:(  :o

Apologies to everyone - I should of checked they were the correct gaskets :/

I'll try and organize something with Chad so that he sends out the manifold packages right away, so everyone can trial fit and set everything up on them, and then send out the gaskets by themselves as soon as he gets them.

Boosted, do you think you could pick me up a cap and rotor for the Magna distributor and I'll use your paypal account to pay you for those items? I am having trouble finding places that can get them here in the states and I figured you had to send one more package anyways so could you help me out, please let me know how much it is going to run, and where I can make payment at. Thanks.

Glenn

Sent out today, UPS tracking numbers:  

1- David Y. (Kawika) Cash   : will pick up

2- John B. (indiana) pay-pal    : 1z945x360304474552

3- Glenn B. (jr_ss) pay-pal      : 1z945x360371143382

4- Victor Z. (gunpackingpoet) pay-pal   :1z945x360371149895

5- (Grey-wolf)

6- Chris G (ekstatixx)

7- JR L. (jolyrgr)

8- Adam F. (mrdodge01)

9-(rptsi)

10- Kiet V.

WOO-HOO, can't wait until mine gets here. Thanks again Chad and Boost3d for putting this together and making it possible, and thanks to everyone that participated in it. Can't wait to get my MPI project on the road... I'm out, Glenn

I'll reply tomorrow with some details about the next GP.  ;D

BTW, Any interest in a *TR* manifold GP? The manifold is physically bigger and appears much better flowing than the TP. I would say these would be roughly $470US Complete modded, so $100 more than a TP.

I'll reply tomorrow with some details about the next GP.  ;D

BTW, Any interest in a *TR* manifold GP? The manifold is physically bigger and appears much better flowing than the TP. I would say these would be roughly $470US Complete modded, so $100 more than a TP.

Yes on the TR! If Chad can make it work, I want one.  8)

OK, Good and bad news.  :-[

Bad news is TP manifold GP won't be going ahead for a while... at least 6 weeks... I have 3 sources now and between them all they still don't have enough for a GP.

Good news is TR manifold GP can be set up shortly.. I can get my hands on a *lot* of these. Chad is modding one for a private buyer soon, so once that is done, he will give me a price on modding those.. It apparently requires a fair bit more work due to the edge of the manifold hitting the brake booster. As I said, I suspect the total cost will be about $100 more than the TP package (due to higher modification costs and higher postage as it is significantly larger than the TP).

Also, the gasket package for the first GP is going to be sent off either tomorrow or friday. The next GP will go a lot smoother than this one.. Since this was the first one, there were some mess-ups and things therefore took longer than they should have. The next GP will be much quicker.

Chad all I have to say is thank you for doing the GP, you too Trent. The intake is absolutely beautiful. I just recieved mine like 30 mins ago and I already have my 70MM Tb bolted to it. Can't wait to get the car running. Thanks again guys and everyone involved.

Glenn