any interest in real offset printed poster(s)

Boosted_One

I run a REAL 4 color offset printing press and I may be able to work something out where I could produce a poster. If it goes well I could produce different ones.

I'd need to find a good car/photo/image, etc for this. The largest size I could make these poster would be around 12" X 18" or so. If you want big posters you'd have to go thru a 40" printer and that could make the posters cost around $50 each!!

Not sure of the cost but on my end it wouldn't be real cheap. The material involved to print a project are the things that elevate prices, such as paper, inks, labor, etc.

Remember these would high quality offset printed pieces, not an inkjet and not a color copy. This are the real deal in quality reproduction.

Just trying to se what kind of interest there would be..it's my money I'd need to throw out :)

I was thinking we could vote on a good shot or I was thinking about doing Chads IMSA car.

Let the people speak! :)

BTW offset printing (AKA offset lithography) refers to the process in which the final printed piece is produced. The press  transfers the ink via numerous rollers to a printing  plate that transfers that image to a rubber blanket. The blanket then transfers the image to the paper. These plates and blankets are mounted to cylinders which rolls the image under a lot of pressure onto the paper. Typical color magazines, ads, etc you see are produced with 4 colors. Yellow Magenta Cyan and Black.

Your newspapers are produced in a silmilar fashion except they run the paper thru the press off of large rolls. These presses are intended for large runs and very high production speeds.

I run a sheetfed offset press which runs sheets seperately. These sheetfed presses are inteded for high qaulity shorter run commercial work.

I'd love to see a poster that shows the evaluation of the conquest.   Just like you see for the mustangs and camaros - starting from the initial year and showing every major model until present.    Also could include pics of rarities like Chad's car as suggested and a couple highly modifed conquests including Sakura's dragster with the 2.6.  

How much do you think it would cost if we had a decent size group purchase of them, say 25+?

kev

My closest friend ran an offset press for years, a small Ryobi model if I remember correctly.  Pretty neat stuff that you can do with those things.   I am assuming this one is the 4 color processing type?   Not that I know anything about these things, just remember a few tidbits on the stuff he told me.

I like that idea of the evolution type! That one with the cop is classic and that would be cool too.

As long as the photos are VERY hi quality I can print almost anything that we want.

I'll see on Monday what kind of dineros I'm getting into. I'd like to keep the posters reasonably priced that's for sure.

Kev I used to run a Ryobi. Was a fun little press This press I run now is a Heidelberg 4 color and it smokes a Ryboi up and down. :)

I just did some posters for a Saab dealer and I thought damn it would be fun printing some Starions!

I agree on using Chiplee's yellow Quest. Yellow with tan interior was the rarest combo, wasn't it? If I heard right, Chiplee has 2 yellow with tan interior! Talk about one lucky guy.

Here's a pic of Chiplee's Quest that is just awesome. If only it didn't have that other yellow car in the background. Maybe, someone can edit the pic.

I came across the pic below a while back. It is an assortment of Starquests.

I can find post more pics if you like. When I see a pic I like, I save it on my PC.

Joshua

As long as the original photo or file is a hi quality photo I can produce whatever we want to see.

I like that red one with the cop a lot.

I have to watch out for copyright material also. I don't want to be hung for using a Mitsu logo or something over a few hundred posters.

Chips almost deserves a poster by itself as the car is beautiful. But there are so many nice cars on here it's hard to decide.

Chips car would REALLY "pop" with color, with all that yellow and all.

Anything else you guys would like to see? If it goes OK on the first one I can do others in the future,

Mike, I took the picture of the pulled over red 'quest (it happened at one of our meets). If you want to use it for posters, you have my permission. I can send you a larger, higher resolution version if you want. Just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the Cop one is nice, and i like the idea of the every color...maybe line them up where the furthest one back sticks out about 2 feet more then the one infront of it...so you see the front of 5 or whatever then you see the whole care eventually...if you understand what i mean lol?

Id definately be in for any high quality conquest poster, IMSA/Cop/Chiplee's

Later

Mike

Yeah the Cop one is nice, and i like the idea of the every color...maybe line them up where the furthest one back sticks out about 2 feet more then the one infront of it...so you see the front of 5 or whatever then you see the whole care eventually...if you understand what i mean lol?

Id definately be in for any high quality conquest poster, IMSA/Cop/Chiplee's

Later

Mike

Hi. I'd like to get in on the Starion/Conquest Poster GP. Please keep me on your list.  How about an 'action shot'?  Any update? Thanks!! -Howard Dreispan, The Starion/Conquest Group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I can print the posters whenever.

It's just the response was a little weak for me to get things off the ground.

Setting up the printing press and all the associated things needed isn't quite as simple or easy as say one of those cheesy kinko copiers. :)

Anyone interested still?