Another Car Show photo dump ...

techboy

Made it out to another car show the other week sponsored by a local shop to me - NLS, Nothing Leaves Stock.  They mostly specilaize in VW based stuff, but they've done stuff for me over the years too so I try to support them at their show when I can.   Walked away with a top 25 trophy this time.

8tzQoZ.jpg

cuMpgI.jpg

6j6pnB.jpg

Hj7sCy.jpg

NIgvrf.jpg

Fun little Tiki style trophy. 😁

F7qrej.jpg

• Like 2

Cool!   Glad you are getting it out a lot this summer.   

I'm jealous, I've only driven mine once this entire season.   Haven't been to any shows except Import Carlisle, but that was with my other cq.   Something about paying $30+ to sit at a car show in the hot sun all day that hasn't sounded appealing to me this year.   But the outcome is that I haven't been driving the car at all as a result.   

Carlisle Chrysler is this weekend but $70 to bring your car to the show...ouch!   

Maybe it’s me.   But I don’t do car shows.  I can’t stay for hours. And pay to do it.  

I prefer car meets in the evenings.  Where you roll on.  Park. Walk around.  Talk cars.  And then I can leave before an hour has passed by. 

12 hours ago, psu_Crash said:

Lookin Good! That's a cool trophy for the shelf :)

Yeah, it's a cool one! I like it.

11 hours ago, kev said:

Cool!   Glad you are getting it out a lot this summer.   

I'm jealous, I've only driven mine once this entire season.   Haven't been to any shows except Import Carlisle, but that was with my other cq.   Something about paying $30+ to sit at a car show in the hot sun all day that hasn't sounded appealing to me this year.   But the outcome is that I haven't been driving the car at all as a result.   

Carlisle Chrysler is this weekend but $70 to bring your car to the show...ouch!   

If you knew how close this show is to my house (I can walk to it!!) I'm not sure you'd say it counts as getting it out.  Truthfully though, I have had the car out quite a bit this year - largely b/c it's running so well.  Tomorrow it I'll be going for a long-ish drive down to the tuning shop to have the rear aligned.  Finally getting around to having that done after pulling and rebuilding subframe last year.

12 minutes ago, Preludedude said:

Maybe it’s me.   But I don’t do car shows.  I can’t stay for hours. And pay to do it.  

I prefer car meets in the evenings.  Where you roll on.  Park. Walk around.  Talk cars.  And then I can leave before an hour has passed by. 

I like em both.  I do like that at meets you have the freedom to come and go, the problem around where I live is the "meets" attract 100's if not 1000's of cars and sometimes you can't even get in unless you arrive hours early.  Meets are usually free so most people have that "if it's free it's for me" mentality which leads to the big crowds.  Car shows at least weed out the fringe people.  But you're right, sitting in hot sun all day is not always fun either.  The car shows the I specifically avoid are the "main street" downtown ones.  Those types of shows are fun to attend, but I never take my car.  There's too many non-car people at those types of shows pushing strollers and weaving in and out of cars ...  I get too nervous with the paint job.  

On 7/13/2023 at 7:53 PM, techboy said:

Yeah, it's a cool one! I like it.

If you knew how close this show is to my house (I can walk to it!!) I'm not sure you'd say it counts as getting it out.  Truthfully though, I have had the car out quite a bit this year - largely b/c it's running so well.  Tomorrow it I'll be going for a long-ish drive down to the tuning shop to have the rear aligned.  Finally getting around to having that done after pulling and rebuilding subframe last year.

I like em both.  I do like that at meets you have the freedom to come and go, the problem around where I live is the "meets" attract 100's if not 1000's of cars and sometimes you can't even get in unless you arrive hours early.  Meets are usually free so most people have that "if it's free it's for me" mentality which leads to the big crowds.  Car shows at least weed out the fringe people.  But you're right, sitting in hot sun all day is not always fun either.  The car shows the I specifically avoid are the "main street" downtown ones.  Those types of shows are fun to attend, but I never take my car.  There's too many non-car people at those types of shows pushing strollers and weaving in and out of cars ...  I get too nervous with the paint job.  

Rope the car off when you are at the mainstreet  shows lol. Congrats on the award, neat little trophy. I like the indoor car shows personally

This thread/discussion got me to get off my butt, fire up the car, and take it to a local cruise-in.   The show met my criteria...free, short, and in the evening when things kind of started cooling down.    It was the only foreign car at the show in my podunk town, but it still garnished a fair bit of attention.   I also drove it around town for about an hour afterwards.   

full

full

• Like 1

That’s exactly what I prefer. 

Free. Stay an hour or less. And in the evenings.  

I’m not the guy bringing a chair to sit beside my car and wait for people to talk to me about the car.  That strikes me as awkward. 

On 7/17/2023 at 9:23 AM, kev said:

This thread/discussion got me to get off my butt, fire up the car, and take it to a local cruise-in.   The show met my criteria...free, short, and in the evening when things kind of started cooling down.    It was the only foreign car at the show in my podunk town, but it still garnished a fair bit of attention.   I also drove it around town for about an hour afterwards.   

full

full

Car looks great Kev. We really need to meet up and get these two cars together!!