Cruise Control Inop

BlueCuda

For those of you that have repaired cruise control issues what did you find was the reason yours quit?  

Mine hasn't worked since I got the car running, I have checked and verified that the vacuum pump and relay work.  The speed sensor seems to work because it will effect idle when the car is moving(if that has anything to do with cruise I don't know).  I also get the light on the stalk when the cruise is turned on, but I get zero function.  Brake lights function correctly, cruise computer is plugged in.  Before I go to the service manual with diagnosis what have you guys found to be the problem?

I assume the setup down at the transmission end of the speedometer cable has something to do with cruise.  I have a spare one of those to try but have yet to do so.  

Thanks for any help.  

ITYmvth.jpg

Edited by BlueCuda
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tux said:

Mine was the vacuum / cable module.  I gave up on if.  The sheathing was missing in parts and melted in other parts, and the vacuum diaphragm was torn.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem, especially because the one on my parts car is thrashed ha.  

Most times I see the small plug missing on the brake or clutch pedal  for the switch  to turn off cruise when pedal is pushed in .  it gets brittle and breaks apart,  I think we used a plastic body pin like type to hold  interior door panels on.     Take a look and see if yours is missing.

Dad

• Thanks 1