Source for 3" GM MAF Filter and Pipe?

Obviously the pipe is something I could make, but before I do, does anyone have a source for a pipe with the correct angle that would work? I see some universals that look like they have something like a 60* bend, but I'm not sure.

I also need a filter that will fit right to the GM maf. I have the 3", which makes the flanges 3.25".

Post up your ideas! I really want this darn thing on the car!

- Charles

Edited by nightwalkerancestery

Ah, I see. I might try one thing before I try stretching it over. What I may try first is grab a 3.25", 3-ply coupler as it's usually about 4-4.5mm thick. That'll put the OD right around 3.5" give or take. Then slip over a 3.5" filter. Essentially, the coupler will serve as an adapter. Thoughts?

- Charles

I saw that on ebay along with a K&N. I don't feel as though it's worth paying that much right now for an air filter when the car still needs so much extra parts. When I start laying down 300+hp, I'll probably grab one. Just trying to find some cheaper options for now. I'm all for putting down the money for stuff that deserves the price tag. Just not an air filter at the moment. lol

I'll try the coupler idea first. Thanks for the link though :)

- Charles

I'm trying to get rid of that nasty, hardened accordian hose. Had too many detrimentally fail and/or disintegrate.

I actually found a universal aluminum intake pipe that has a ~65* bend, which is about perfect for getting the MAF in the right spot. As for the filter, I wasn't aware that the Spectre universal came with "adapters".

I'll certainly grab one then since it would at least be better than the cheap eBay filters. Appreciate the help in locating this stuff. At the very least it gives me options.

- Charles