Got my new business cards in

PDodson

i am starting a side business hauling cars, right now i have a single hauler but i want to upgrade to a 2-3 car hauler in the future, I am based out of Denham Springs, Louisiana

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/XLR8N/Mobile%20Uploads/20150724_180706_zpsnyhfpwcv.jpg

• Like 1

^i agree. Most people won't catch the reference as "conquest" (noun) and see it as it being an action. Sounds inapropriate and weird.

I say keep it professional such as yourname@gmail.com or companyname@gmail.com

The image is cool and appropriate, but the background fails you. Its a green truck against a green backdrop. It's transport your advertising, not classic car sales and all that stands out is a blue car. Maybe, say spin it around so the truck is in the front with the trailer in the back, making your point very clear. For example, moving company's usually will use a picture of a box truck, not a group shot of their sweaty employees (which would be weird). However, a pic of 6 muscular guys in front of a box truck really drives the point home. Make sense?

I also think your not saying enough. "Hauling" can mean almost anything. I say you need an angle, cause as a customer I see a dude with a uhaul trailer. I don't know the industry, but if your insured to carry a $500,000 car, anounce that so people will trust you with their toy. If your not, but your cheap, also make that known. For example,when I'd borrow my mom's e250 on weekends, my Craig's list ad said "man with van" and didn't imply I was a pro yet made it clear that, in turn, I was the cheapest in town.

Congrats on the cards.

Malikaii, you make so much sense. I never think of things that way.

You never look at advertising the same once you date someone in marketing...

I swear that truck looks green lol. Must be that you took a photo,then my phone display, and it gets lost in translation. Those rigs look good in grey.

I thought that was the test printing of the card... Hence the paragraph. Enjoy and good luck with business.

When I finally find that rust free triumph roller, I'll be a callin ya.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda to late to change the email addy, as i have 1000 cards to deal with.....and the truck is gray not green

cards are cheap on something like vistaprint. You're talking twenty bucks. One lost haul due to the email inference could cost you that I bet.

cards are cheap on something like vistaprint. You're talking twenty bucks. One lost haul due to the email inference could cost you that I bet.

Boy you guys sure do know how to make a person feel real good, just cause I used a conquest on a trailer you guys are saying change your email, most people don't even know what a conquest is, I used that pic because it was me "hauling" something on a trailer hence the name of my side business "DODSON HAULERS"

so thank you guys, have a nice day

• Like 1

^ I don't think anyone has anything against the conquest (noun)...

Your email address sounds "non strait" and seeing as your in a state that isn't NY (where NYC pride turnout might just outnumber the population in some counties in your state) I agree it can hurt business. What do you think a very proud fire work launching, Budweiser drinking American is going to think of your email when he needs his corvette moved?

It's sound advice and if a bunch of people thought it here, even more will out in the real world.

It's not about making you feel good... I think people on here are really looking to see a fellow member succeed.

That's the difference when you live in the south. We don't give a ship about your email address. It's about getting the company name out there. Word of mouth will keep him busy. Most of the time it takes around a year or more to get rolling real good with a new business.

If he's got affordable rates I have no doubt he'll succeed.

No matter what the card looks like.

Hey Paul .. Get some of those magnetic signs for your truck man that'll get you some calls I bet.

i'm not pointing at anyone just saying in general that people are people. that said, i think PDawg is going for a captured audience to get rolling ( pun intended :lol: ) and letting the word of mouth along with great service take it from there. i don't think he plans on spreading this operation nation wide with 20+ trucks hauling bulk vehicles, no sir, just more of a one ( or 3 with the new trailer ;) ) at a time with great turn around time and that great customer service that was mentioned just a moment ago.

roll on PDawg .......................................................

i think everyone loves the conquest in the pic. That is not the reason for the the recommendation. As thats what it was.

Hotmail is free as are most email services.

As you said, no one knows what a conquest is. So when you say Conquest4him it sounds a wee bit strange. It was a recommendation. If you didnt want input, you should know better than to make a post dedicated to it. Its the B.S. section. Were bull$hittin about your business card.

Everyone wishes you success and was offering advice to help you.

Regardless, good luck. BTW I can help with the magnetic signs if you would like.

Boy you guys sure do know how to make a person feel real good, just cause I used a conquest on a trailer you guys are saying change your email, most people don't even know what a conquest is, I used that pic because it was me "hauling" something on a trailer hence the name of my side business "DODSON HAULERS"

so thank you guys, have a nice day

Sorry Paulie, that was not my intent whatsoever. I saw your post stating you had too much invested and I just wanted to share that you could get cards redone cheaply if that was what was holding you back. My intent was only to be helpful and offer a solution to something I thought you were presenting as a barrier, that's all.