Mpi 83

NOTE: i'm not aiming this at anyone here !

it depends on what kind of dyno is being used. i witnessed tbi quests' laying down HUGE numbers one after one in Vegas, and i KNOW some of those didn't add up. example: you are making 380hp AT THE WHEELS but can only squeeze out a 2.0 60' time with a best time of 13.90 @ 91 mph :blink:

dyno this dyno that, i don't care how much power you claim to make, let's see some time slips ;)

I hear that for sure. I'll take it one step further though, I don't care about your time slips, lets hear about how much fun you have driving it!

I tell you what man....this thing is mean it handles so well, you can make the front end plow I can go 85 on a 25MPH ROAD

Corrected means corrected for Standard Temperature and Pressure (STP), it's a chemistry/physics thing. You generally correct everything back to STP so a guy on the dyno in Golden, CO would report the same as Harry on the dyno in Pit Dripping Springs, LA with the exact same motor. Nothing to do with gearing or anything else. Everything to do with atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity.

And YES Harry, that's what the folk in LV were doing, messing with the correction. If you remember they gave everybody two pulls and claimed to do some tuning in between, the second pull was always higher than the first and we all know you can't tune a stock starquest (but you can tuna fish). Corrections can be manipulated, such as setting the standard temperature to -40 which would jack up the power because the theoretical air would be much, much denser. Harmless trick in that case but those of you getting dyno time should always ask "what are the corrections set at?". Lets the operator know that you know.

58psi + 28psi on a 1:1 equals 86psi fuel pressure. :excl: @ 2x the rated pressure thats over 4000cc of fuel. Good stuff.

Doesn't work that way. The increase in fuel pressure is there to offset the boost pressure. For example, 70 psi fuel pressure + 20 psi boost pressure means the injectors are spraying at around 50 psi. The boost pressure cancels the excess fuel pressure.

Even with the 850/1250 combo running @ 52 psi that's only 2300cc. Not quite enough for 350 at the wheels. You need around 2800+cc to get there. Remember the 850/1250 are aftermarket so they are rated @ 43.5 psi not the 36 psi of a SQs fuel system. 52 psi isn't much of a bump in pressure.

I bet the dyno was reading high or the corrections were off.

Wait... the stock sq fuel systems base fuel pressure is 36psi? I was under the impression that it was 43 - 44psi. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just suprised by the difference if thats the case.

either way my stock twin turbo 2j 89 starion has 330 to the wheels no doubt thats what it makes on 15psi, and my 83 beats it easily. me and my buddy raced them and i beat it across the board until 4th high end and he left me in 5th because my 83's clutch slips in 4th past 4500 and all of fith on an\y more than 20 psi, mind you it has a pre 87 flywheel andbrand new broke in for 1000 miles ceramic act 6 puck that is rated for 350 hp, so obviously the car is making atleast 320 + it is no doubt the fast car i own besides the 500hp jz car, ive beat a 1999 cobra mustang stock and im pretty sure they make MORE than 320

and yes it could be because my 83 only weighs 2700 lbs with me in it and a half tank, could have gaind some since then because i added independant e brake calipers to the rear

id also like to say. ive had and been in alot of starion including a couple mpi cars that were making near or more than 350 and my motor runs every bit as good. it pulls from 3500 to 7000 rpm hard it holds 25 psi to 7k if i want

i never mentioned that i built the head also it has, mech rockers, 294 regrind, 1mm oversized ss 83 long valves, and mookeeh adjustable cam gear when i was building the motor i had done some research on all that and found on here that setup would cause the g54b to be an interference motor. this is indeed true in two ways. i tested with clay on piston and bolting head down with old gasket when cam was out of time you could not turn motor over. when its within 15 deg in time about a tooth off either way it comes very close the clay was thin. mind you i used a brand new head and never decked block!

so you dont think its possible well just think that ucw. because it is making the power and ill prove it when i go to performace shop and retrive a copy of the dyno slip

Am I also to assume based on ucw458's comment that typical aftermarket fuel injectors want more fuel pressure?

Yes most injectors are rated flow @ 3 bar of fuel pressure. 3 bar is 43.5 psi. Remember SQ were built on dinosaur tech.

^^^ yep. that's 3 BAR or 3 times the atmospheric pressure. 14.5 :)

just thought I'd add that in case anybody was wondering.

I hear that for sure. I'll take it one step further though, I don't care about your time slips, lets hear about how much fun you have driving it!

i was just trying to show real life power output, i really don't care much on dyno numbers ( for discussed reasons ) but it is a baseline. your time slips never lie... unless the operator can't drive the dammm thing :lol: