So picked up an 88 shp Fiji blue quest yesterday for my girlfriend

ls1rx7

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it all oil cleaned out swapped to 1g mas was going to leave oil separator unhooked to make sure the oil wasn't blow by but it wouldn't stay running. Hooked it back up and fired right up. Let it warm up then drove it a few mins got in boost and the 14b pulls good, good bit of oil smoke on decel. I pulled compressor outlet pipe and it was a little smokey. Starting to think its not the turbo.

My advice would be get the car running perfectly in stock form before adding enhancements. I have seen other with the 1g mas conversion have issues.

So far i have pulled the intercooler to drain the oil out it, not sure if its from blow by or seal in turbo. The turbo has very little shaft play. So once i get all the oil outta the piping and intercooler going to unhook the blow by lines and run it a bit to see where the oil is coming from.

Yeah sounds like my old yellow car. Had bad rings on one cylinder and would puke smoke out of the valve cover when you pulled off the oil separator line, but it ran fine. Either way if it's that, you'll have positive crankcase pressure and it will blow out of any opening, usually pops out the dipstick, and can also cause the motor to leak oil everywhere.

If you're lucky, it's just the turbo or remnants of a previous bad turbo, most ppl never clean out their intercooler.

Keep the stock oil separator. PVC works when not in boost. Oil separator works when in boost. Clean the stock unit. They get gummed up after years of service. You should be able to blow air freely through the bottom port and the hose running to the oil pan. If not it's plugged up. A plugged drain on the oil separator leads to oil getting sucked into the turbo inlet. Plug the ports and shoot a bunch of brake cleaner inside it. Let it sit for a day with the brake cleaner inside but shake it up once in awhile.

Clean the PCV valve the same way. Do not use an aftermarket PCV. The stocker works as a check valve to keep boost out of the crankcase. Make sure both the PCV and oil separator are working before suspecting rings, turbo seals or valve seals.

Got her all put back together. Went for a test drive and there was a big cloud of smoke when we started slowing down. Drove a little bit longer and added a quart of oil. No more signs of smoke so we will be going for a test drive after we bleed the brakes. I'm already in love with this car <3