ls1rx7

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bummer.

I am glad it wasnt the turbo.

Is that the 14b oil cooled only?

That turbo was fairly new....boosted it's way from ohio to texas and that's almost its entire life.

I have to agree with Wolfsquest.....Contact DAD..and shipping that small engine would be worth it in the long run.

When it comes to these engine's It helps to have someone who knows what they are doing.

The piston to cylinder wall clearance Is something that is not a joke...when it comes to forced induction.

I have been through several of these engines.

I dont know why alot of the rebiult engines... I have seen are so out of spec.

The latest engine I scrapped...the cylinders where egg shaped....very low mile rebuild!

But everyone who builds engines in your area will know who is the best at boring and honing. So if you can get that part done with confidence you are just fine.

Also I dont think that car needed a drivers side new floor.

Maybe a BFHammer.

I would get it on a car hoist...weld something to the bottom and just pull the dent back down.

Shouldnt take much work.

Very nice fiji.

I couldnt believe the low miles on it!

Good luck.

Lol it needs a new frame rail and pan there is a softball size hole in it. If it was mine I wouldn't worry much with the pushed in part I would hammer it back down. With it being her car I don't want any weak spots if it's in a wreck.

Good deals on parts, great knowledge, and Dad can handle almost anything you can throw at him, rods? Not a problem, unexpected or newly discovered weaknesses/defects? he can probably handle that too, which is why I recommended him, and like 'bird said, it'll be worth it in the long run. Best of luck, an still waitin' on pics of both!!!