Who here has driven / lived with fender exit exhaust setups?

speedyquest

Not sure haven't had any fist hand experience with it. We sell to the shop that did these. Pretty cool idea. I thnk you can get a chinese 60mm gate for 100ish bucks

Not sure haven't had any fist hand experience with it. We sell to the shop that did these. Pretty cool idea. I thnk you can get a chinese 60mm gate for 100ish bucks

with no exhaust pressure (preturbo pressure) it takes around 10 psi more than spring in the diaphragm to open it

After doing some research I have found that the bullet mufflers don't seem to quiet the exhaust so much as remove rasp in the exhaust note. I'm not sure, like someone else had said, I could find a muffler small enough to make any real difference in noise and still fit. Kind of kills the idea.

I have mine run as far back as possible near the rear tire to help with exhaust gasses and sound. I also have it pointed away from the car so exhaust wont build under the car at idle, and sound goes away from the car. It's not quiet or civilized in any way, but then it's better than a dump tube. I aslo have a muffler, that helps. It's still loud as heck when I get on the throttle. Not too terrible at idle or cruise, but everyone on the block still hears you coming. The muffler cuts the high pitch tones out. I also have a large turbine (T4 turbo) and tube headder, and non-recirculated WG dump tube, that changes the tone and sound on throttle. The dump tube exits right by the transmission at the lowest point on the car. When it opens, it's very noticable, but the car is in motion so you can't smell it and there are other noises going on at that point. It's set at 20 PSI, so it's closed most of the time anyway.

After doing some research I have found that the bullet mufflers don't seem to quiet the exhaust so much as remove rasp in the exhaust note. I'm not sure, like someone else had said, I could find a muffler small enough to make any real difference in noise and still fit. Kind of kills the idea.

oh i could have answered that lol, they do for a short period, maybe 10k? i burned all the packing out of mine after that

they eliminate the turbo whistle until the packing is burned out. makes it a hair quieter until the packing is burned out lol

Ive got a 2" dump pipe "y" style w my regular 3" exhaust. Dumps out the right fender and its wayyyy too loud to deal w on a daily basis. I made a cap for it to shut it up.

I do t know where you will find room for the bullet muffler. I had a tough time getting a 2" pjpe thru there .

Ive got a 2" dump pipe "y" style w my regular 3" exhaust. Dumps out the right fender and its wayyyy too loud to deal w on a daily basis. I made a cap for it to shut it up.

I do t know where you will find room for the bullet muffler. I had a tough time getting a 2" pjpe thru there .

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=146418

• 3 months later...
this topic is a few moths old but, I had a buddy that was running a 1Ga Talon AWD with a Big 16g turbo with fender exit exhaust, he DD that car and said his biggest problem was the fact that he would leave soot marks where he always started the car. if i can find the pictures i will upload a couple.