Wellington boots

pure_insanity

Who wears them? And do you like them ? Do they make your feet sweat and stink? And , is there any particular brand better than any others?

I have worn tennis shoes and boat shoes all my life with a few boots here and there but havent had boots in 3-4 years. Thinking about buying some wellingtons but not sure if i will like them.

I bought some bad tail boots at Walmart of all places for cheap called brahmas I think.

Surprisingly comfortable.

Timberland Pro anti-fatigue boots with wigwam hiking socks. nice and comfy. socks wik away sweat.

I'm on my feet 10 hrs at work on the concrete floor. its the best boots I've found so far under 200. socks are pricey at 10-12 a pair but worth it.

Edited by 87redcat

I'll never buy another cheap pair of boots again. Had a pair of Redwings for a couple years. Fit great, durable. Don't mind walking, working, or climbing in them at work. Best footwear I've ever owned. Cost me about $225.

Guess I should also say I'm flat-footed and have very wide feet (4E). The other boots I've had just never fit right. The Redwing guy was very knowledgeable and worked with me until we found the right fit.

Edited by vbrad511

Red Wings or Timberlands will be your best bet Grant - a bit expensive up front, but they last forever

Are you wanting them for casual or work?

Casual - Red Wings( Engineer boots are more wellington styled ), Timberlands, Sorel's, etc

Work - hard to beat brands like Danner's, Wolverine, Timberland, etc

I've never tried the Wellingtons. Heard they're good boots though.

Casual - Blundstone #500, Redwings, some Doc Martins and Timberlands

Work- White's, Timberland Pro Titan Series, Justins

I've worn Blundstone's for years with no complaints. They're comfortable, come in wide sizes, they don't stink and their steel toe doesn't rub me wrong. I use Nikwax brand waterproofing leather conditioner on all my boots, causal and work. Rustoleum has a spray on product that I've been wanting to try. Has anyone used this "never wet?"