1035whp 2JZ Conquest

dmyers151

What know-how am I lacking? The localised flame causes the aluminum bottle to brinell and weaken, compromising its structure. Do you want to stand next to a container,holding 1000 psi, that has weak spots? Most sanctioning bodies will throw you off the premises if they catch you performing such an act.

Beautiful car, tons of power, simply awesome! And yeah, the torch on the nos bottle, dunno where your from if you've never seen that one, lol, I'll gladly take my chances as I do every time I go to the track!
  • Like 1

What know-how am I lacking? The localised flame causes the aluminum bottle to brinell and weaken, compromising its structure. Do you want to stand next to a container,holding 1000 psi, that has weak spots? Most sanctioning bodies will throw you off the premises if they catch you performing such an act.

You can't get the aluminum up to a temp high enough to change it's structure while the liquid NO2 inside is constantly cooling the metal. The most you can do is mess up the paint. But you're not supposed to hold the torch in one spot the whole time.

I spent 20 years in the compressed gas industry and if you had seen half the s**t I saw you would never use direct flame on a cylinder again. I wasn't one year into it when I got dragged into a lawsuit where three guys died and a forth was never going to walk or hear again, and yes it was nitrous related. That being said I just turn and walk a safe distance away when I see it happening, and I seem to see it happen just about every time I go to a track. Thankfully the DOT cylinder design specifications keep most idiots safe.