fully rebuilt motor oil question

Everyone has there own preference I just built mine and I used 10w 30 with lucas pure zinc additive and i bought 2 oil filters first 50 miles i changed filter topped of oil 200 miles change oil and filter. But thats how i do all my own builds Knock on wood no problems yet in 22 yrs of building engines.

Your running a 20g, no? If your going to be giving it a good run for the money, I'd go synthetic.

Mobil 1 is still a group4 true synthetic and can be had for cheap. Other oils like Rotella T6 are just hydrocracked group3, hence not a real synthetic.

I run liquimoly 10w60, also group4.

Regarding viscosity, everyone has a different answer. I say 10w40 or above.

Yea, its best to let the rings seat with dino oil for the first 1000 miles or so. Some engine builders will say first 2000, or even 5000 miles before switching to synthetic. For that period, use good quality conventional oil to protect the cam and lifters. If your clearances are good 10w30 or 10w 40 should do. When I lived up north, I ran 10w40 synthetic in my SQs year round. And not to worry a 10w 40 synthetic will pour just fine in the winter.