Need to get a engine from Las vegas to North Carolina , anyone going that way ?

SOTTY

Hello peeps , my brother CarguyGibby in Nc blew his engine and with a little help ( a LOT OF HELP) from a few locals we've assembled a new fresh 2.6 and NJV head in record time and need to get it across the U.S , anyone going that way ? or any idea's on how to get it to NC without breaking the bank , iv'e never shipped an engine before , any input is much appreciated .

Scotty

I have been looking into a 1jz swap and a place in Canada I'm talking to said freight from Quebec to here in NC would be $155 for the engine, transmission and all. I don't know how it can be that cheap, but if they can do it you hopefully can too. If it helps, you can have it shipped to me at work (businesses with a forklift are cheaper to send freight to than residential) he can just come get it from me or I can meet him with it somewhere. Let me know if I can help.

BC_99

Strap it to a pallet yourself, get it on a pick up truck and haul it to the terminal yourself, tell them its about 350 lbs ( they will weigh it), ship it to a business that has a forklift to unload it ^^^^^ . should be much cheaper. only real cost is insurance as it's based on weight.

Dad

Yeah a single skid can go a long way for $150-$200 truck freight. The only way to go really. I get full size trailers to my house on a semi regular basis. Make sure it's got a liftgate unless you have a dock.

Also make sure it is shipped as used auto parts. If they use a different code it could cost more.

Be careful doing that, if it gets damaged there is little to no insurance on it.

Not sure if they still do it, but Greyhound used to send stuff like that for really cheap compared to freight. Drop off and pick up at the local terminals.

Not sure if they still do it, but Greyhound used to send stuff like that for really cheap compared to freight. Drop off and pick up at the local terminals.

to heavy and big for greyhound.. the put a big limit on that stuff now.. they used to take anything lol

to heavy and big for greyhound.. the put a big limit on that stuff now.. they used to take anything lol

Ahhhh, I never used them myself but knew they used to take engines, and trannies and such. I wanted to use them back in the day, but then found out that MI wouldn't allow Greyhound to operate shipping in the state. Not sure why, but couldn't do it in MI, and haven't needed to ship anything big since being in TX.

Ahhhh, I never used them myself but knew they used to take engines, and trannies and such. I wanted to use them back in the day, but then found out that MI wouldn't allow Greyhound to operate shipping in the state. Not sure why, but couldn't do it in MI, and haven't needed to ship anything big since being in TX.

pretty sure its like 100 lb limit, and a size restraint now...

Thanks to you all as ever for your replies and pm's , ive kinda got this handled now and Britt i'll be pm'n you , thanks again peeps ! Edited by SOTTY