PF 14 & about being banned

kidjc

<p>Just lost my nearly finished post by hitting some random button! Anyway... as an active member of StarQuestClub who enjoys the meet @ PF, & who usually arrives a few days ahead, & stays a few days after the meet to enjoy what PF has to offer; I was concerned about hearing we were not only no longer welcome @ Mountain Breeze, but some members were even banned from ever staying there again. What this meant to the Club around town there, a possible "stigma" of negativity toward our club with other businesses, & as well w/ me personally; wanting to not only continue w/ the PF Meets, but taking advantage of visiting during other times of the year. I liked my room there @ Mountain Breeze, & most likely would want to continue utilizing my special rates, & being "Welcome" to return to Mountain Breeze. Or for that matter, anywhere I chose; without having been listed as being banned from anyway around town.

<strong><span style="font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"><span style="color: #0000cd">I contacted Mountain Breeze, & spoke w/ the Manager/Owner Ms. Suzie Campbell; inquiring what could have possibly happened to cause StarQuestClub "Not" to be welcome, & have some of our members to be banned from ever returning to stay there? (as I was unaware of any major issues, & after stayi

Edited by kidjc

O.K. What in tarnation happening to this post? There was (5) or so more paragraphs included? It takes me a long time to type w/ these (2) index fingering keyboardist hands, spent a long time on this as it is? Have somewhere to be, don't wish to start again, nor leave this as it is: "Unclear?"

What was lost... the "cliff notes" version: Ms. Suzie Campbell states: We are Most Welcome to return to Mountain Breeze for PF14, & she was actually expecting us, having just contacted about acquiring the large tent for us. NO Members from StarQuestclub are "Banned" from returning, just the (1) individual who was throwing lit firecrackers into/on another guests vehicle. She spoke personally w/ this young man, & informed him so. She believed him "Not To Be" a member of StarQuestClub! The police issue was being pressed upon her by the guest. (no kidding) StarQuestclub, nor any members have received any negative stigma regarding their conduct during the 2 years utilizing Mountain Breeze Motel.

I will try to get back to this later to recap the how & way of what I learned from Ms. Suzie Campbell/Owner-Manager. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Did you go abck and edit it? I saw it when it was longer but didn't have time to reply.

I wasn't there, but my understanding from what I've read here and on Facebook, is that a gal in our club (Big John's wife, I believe?) worked at the Mountain Breeze and was kind of a liaison to get the deals on the hotel. After the drama at the meet (whatever that was), she was fired.

I think the thing people are getting at by going back to Vacation Lodge, is a deal where they don't want to give the money and business to a hotel who fired one of our club members over last year's meet.

Kinda like when a friend of mine got fired from a restaurant job over some BS... we never went back there to eat. We didn't want to support a business who treated our friend that way.

Edited by Burton

Mountain breeze was an awesome motel, Wife was very satisfied with it, Im sure she would be dissapointed with vacation lodge. It is a bit awkward that Dee was let go from there but I don't see how it had anything to do with the meet. It's a shame that the job did not work out but it does happen. Now if the club wants to boycott the mountain breeze then thats another story, But are we really that vindictive? I'm glad Jerry called because i had the same idea- felt bad that they did not want us back there and was thinking of calling there as we may want to stay there on our own at some time. At least it's nice to know that the club did not leave a bad impression.

Dad

YES... went back to edit a few words... & that's all that showed back up. Sorry, wasn't fair to leave it like that, but I was FRUSTRATED! Maybe a mod could bring it back from archives? (while I'm gone @ my appt. ?)

There are no archives to bring it from Jerry. We, the mods, didn't edit or change it; must have been something you did. Suzie told me to my face that she had blacklisted the member who's room the non-member was in. I told her I would take care of the matter and she stated that she would, including calling the police if necessary. We are not a quiet crowd but she expected us to be that way so we didn't disturb her guests.

Big John's wife was fired due to us and also because she would not go out in the parking lot and tell the Bennett employees who got loud after they closed for the night.

I see no reason to return to a place with that attitude, regardless of what she claims now.

Jimmy

Ok here is the story straight from the horses mouth. I am not happy to say that the person who was responsible for the lit fire cracker was in my group. He will not ever be welcomed back on any of our trips.

And the story goes:

My brothers friend was throwing firecrackers off the balcony, not trying to be malicious at all early in the day. I told him to stop lighting fire crackers. As the night progressed he decided to do it again. I went up to tell him to quit. He had definitely had more than he should have to drink. He lit one in the doorway to the room pretending to throw it in the room. He quickly realized it was about to blow up in his hand, he blindly tossed it off the balcony. Bad timing on his part allowed it to land on or near a passing truck in the parking lot. At this moment we were also on our way to leave and go play putt-putt golf, we were gone for about 2 hrs.

Only to return to threats of kicking us out. The manager told me and the other 4 in my party that we needed to leave immediately. I pleaded with her as I was in no condition to drive anywhere. She continued threatening my wife and my self, she said she would call the police if we didn't leave immediately. I told her if she really needed to call the police we would be sleeping in our rooms and we would vacate immediately in the A.M. Nothing happened that night and nothing was said about it at checkout.

I called a few days later and once again apologized on behalf of our less than responsible guest. She said not to bring him back and there would be no problems.

Then we were informed about Dee being dismissed from her duties at the motel. I told my wife at that moment that we would never return to that motel again.

I can see some people being upset over Dee getting fired, If I recall it was about mid August, I felt bad for her but did not know it was because of our group. and it appears some don't want to go back there then I suggest an entire new Motel, Vacation lodge is not near as nice as Mountain breeze was, Now from what i hear Dee was just hired at vacation lodge,, so god forbid we are responsible once again if she gets fired there after the meet. I would not even want to take a chance on that happening, Dee and John are two of the nicest people on the site.

Dad

so... are we on the hunt for another hotel/motel?

I'm game, be nice if it was just after or before the 4th. too, less traffic, may be able to do some cruising... but thats a whole other topic LOL.

This has never been, nor will it ever be about Dee's dismissal, I don't & have never down Facebook, so I wasn't even aware of it. I found out through the original thread of Big Johns. I immediately tried contacting both Big John, & Dee to speak to them of it, out of respect & caring for them. Unfortunately, perhaps they just didn't wish to speak of it, & I can appreciate that.

My inquiry was "for me"... when I contacted Ms. Suzie Campbell, as it was posted that "We, the Club... was not Welcome, & "some members" were blacklisted. I am a member. I contacted for me, as I knew nothing primarily of this incident. I like staying @ Mountain Breeze. It suits "My Needs," & @ an excellent rate. A room to me is more than a place to crash & urinate. I also wished to utilize Mountain Breeze on other occasions, & for pre & after meet visits of PF. I wished to understand what transpired from my "Very Pleasant, see you next year/absolutely check out personally w/ Suzie... to what was posted about "The Club" being Banned/unwanted/blacklisted members which in "our conversation of last night (Suzie & I) certainly isn't the case. The inquiry actually stunned her. I wanted nothing to due w/ learning about Dee's unfortunate incident with her employer, & Suzie didn't even make mention of the circumstances. As I stated... Suzie was expecting The Club back, & according to her had just been ordering the tent for us. I believe we were "both taken off guard. I was concerned about where I stood as a guest primarily! But not to diminish where "We Stood" as a "Club" to have gotten Banned.

I spent a great deal of effort not to confuse the issues in my post, chose wording carefully, as I care very much for both Big John & Dee. (as I have said... I contacted them through PM's individually to speak w/ them prior) It's absolutely terrible that Dee lost the position @ all! Even if it might have been in any way shape or form related to the club.

My efforts were spent entirely to learn my "personal position/standing w/ Mountain Breeze," & learn what could have changed from when I checked out (days after most of the Club) & from Big John's post informing us we were Not Welcome, Banned. I found it very relieving, a "real plus" that "The Clubs stature was intact, & No Members were banned from coming back, that "We" the club were still in good standing w/ the community.

Now to move on to the "choice" to return to Vacation Lodge? Why? What motivation is there to return to a place far worse, dirty, decomposed carpets, broken fixtures/mirrors, worn out linens, & towels that pass for sandpaper? Is the price worth that?"... & recalling PF11... nearly EVERY Single Member had nothing but disgruntled comments of "Never Returning" under any circumstances." What has changed: An Instant Breakfast Buffet? Really! I asked for alternatives... if moving from Mountain Breeze is the wishes of the Club, & not because we "can't go back!" I would really like to all stay together @ (1) place, & I don't believe Vacation Lodge is the place which can offer this to the club community.

Perhaps the comment about vindictiveness tends to still stay fresh in mind for me... is that who we really are? The very best to all of us who genuinely love spending time with the club & our cars!

I will try to recompose the scenario of my earlier posted thread, but not tonite... I'm too slow, & time is precious this evening. ;)

Sorry... just read: Dee was dismissed in Mid August for an alleged incident that occurred during the 1st to 2nd week in July? Strictly Employer/Employee relations speaking! that doesn't sound right, I believe I would have looked into that/labor laws! That's quite a time difference. A thought... we really shouldn't be opening this up here in an open forum, eh? I offered some suggestions to Big John from when I was looking after PF 11. There were several quite nice, newer places pretty close that had offered covered areas, roped off garages, they had indoor swimming/ workout rooms. Yes, they were 10-15 bucks per night more min. How many stay more than 3 nights, or even split the costs/share rooms? With all that considered even much elevated per night costs break down to what 50 bucks if that extra per meet on room costs? If you can offer a motel/hotel/suite stay a certain amount of rooms, they tend to be willing to work eagerly w/ you. Just a thought... Redcat aren't you in the area?

I'm game, be nice if it was just after or before the 4th. too, less traffic, may be able to do some cruising... but thats a whole other topic LOL.

well the main reason it was on or really close to the 4th, was because most people get off work for the holidays and it helps some have the time off work to get there...

my vote is for vacation lodge if they are willing to accommodate us better, as the setup in the parking garage is really nice plus we usually get the lower parking lot to ourselves.. The only reason i say the garage is nice is last year we had less than nice weather, and the tent was setup in the grass. not terrible by any means but i can say that after the first day of tracking through the grass my shoes were soaking wet after the first day and that made for me a miserable weekend.. the garage provides much better cover, yeah vacation lodge is further down, but we have always had a good time there, and ive been going since 08 and other members longer than that. cars are parked on the paved lot....

Jerry, I would suggest composing it in Microsoft Word or a similar program and saving it. Then copy and paste here, that will preserve your original on your pc with a copy here. Personally, the extra 50 bucks could be a deal breaker for me and perhaps others. I did not like Suzie's attitude towards me when I tried to step in and put an end to the incident. What have I ever done to deserve disrespect and talking down to?

As far as her saying no member was blacklisted, she told me that Kyle Heddman was on the blacklist and would never be allowed to reserve a room or stay there again. Believe her or believe me; I have no reason to lie or distort the truth. I liked the hotel, but not the attitude directed towards me or our members at that time. My biggest concern is that we occupied many rooms, however, one resident that comes a couple of times a year outweighed the many rooms we paid for and the fact we get a little rowdy. We always get a little rowdy, but not to the point of being threatened to call the law to us. So if we go back, we need to act like church mice or live under the threat of being kicked out or arrested???? I'd rather stay in the street than live under that. Suzie further demonstrated her lack of tolerance for noise by trying to shut up the employees of the business next door aka Bennetts when they closed.

Jimmy

Jerry, I would suggest composing it in Microsoft Word or a similar program and saving it. Then copy and paste here, that will preserve your original on your pc with a copy here. Personally, the extra 50 bucks could be a deal breaker for me and perhaps others. I did not like Suzie's attitude towards me when I tried to step in and put an end to the incident. What have I ever done to deserve disrespect and talking down to?

Jimmy

exactly most of us scrape to make the meets anyway, the extra 50 bucks is enough in gas to get me there from home.. thats quite a bit in my book.. especially when funds are tight as it is...

the basically forcing us to our rooms the last night was a bit uncalled for if you ask me.. i think she was still just ill about it all and was taking it out on us.. but me or chad or anyone who was out there that night hadnt done anything wrong.. but we caught the repercussions.. We were simply sitting under the tent hanging out like we always do, and she was watching over us like a hawk and having Dee run out and tell us to keep it down.. she was very pushy and no one was being loud.. we just gave in for Dee's sake and went to our rooms..
  • Like 1

Well if it's Vacation lodge this year I certainly hope we don;t ger fired again, that would be a real shame. set the date and the motel and those that want to come will, and those that don't won't . Nothing wrong with staying at different places and meeting up at one place