anyone using blutooth code readers?

JohnnyWadd

I sell them on my tool route. Best code reader option for the money. For 15 $ does what a 100 $ scanner does.

You can use it with iphones... you just need to hack it. But in the time you do that you may as well stand on the corner and do construction for the day and use the money for a real scanner.

I have the BT1 code reader app for my iPhone and the matching bluetooth OBD2 device.

It sucks.

Very spotty, hard to get the last car you read's data out of it and read the new car, etc etc. I never use it. I have a mini Matco corded one that is way more reliable.

I use a Chinese obd2 bluetooth reader. It does its job well. I use the torque app on my HTC One and the girlfriends HTC Sensation.

I also use a Chinese ELM 327 rs232 scanner. It does its job well also.

Edited by button

Its pretty cool to have if you are just out hanging with people and someone has a CEL you can pop out the connector and get codes on your phone. Good use of these huge processor phones we have. The apps will get better too. Most stuff i would use a snap solus pro for i can do on the app. Well i can't do outputs and operate like an air idle controller .

Its pretty cool to have if you are just out hanging with people and someone has a CEL you can pop out the connector and get codes on your phone. Good use of these huge processor phones we have. The apps will get better too. Most stuff i would use a snap solus pro for i can do on the app. Well i can't do outputs and operate like an air idle controller .

Can it datalog / graph / realtime display? view data lines? If so I might look at this over a p3cars gage which is ~ $400 and just plugs into your odb2 port to show you anything the ECU has access to. IE boost, oil pres, temp, trans temp, egt, ect

Edited by jszucs

Can it datalog / graph / realtime display? view data lines? If so I might look at this over a p3cars gage which is ~ $400 and just plugs into your odb2 port to show you anything the ECU has access to. IE boost, oil pres, temp, trans temp, egt, ect

Well I have used the graphing to watch o2 sensors on a 2006 outback so yes on that. Realtime yes. No sure about data log. Check out some of the review and youtube videos.

Work on I phones too I have seen it

...but if it doesn't then ditch the I phone. I am gonna try it on mine just to see. Ipod touch

Needs wifi. Not the chinese ones. I was gonna buy one but people were complaining about Torque on Ipod not working with it and it being apple to blame.

Edited by Starion86ESI

Needs wifi. Not the chinese ones. I was gonna buy one but people were complaining about Torque on Ipod not working with it and it being apple to blame.

Just hack your apple device..... make it 10000% better as you can drag and drop (like you should be able to do) no stupid I tunes and it's spying on you ECT.