Starting the KongQuest. LS Powered Convette Inspired Beast

autotr8er2

Why you would cut that logo out in the middle of structural steel is beyond me... you've seriously reduced the strength of those parts and created stress concentrations. Before you weld them onto the car, get another batch run without the logo.

D-VO, you are correct. The forces present however are outside the logo. It's just real estate designed to help me position the bracket. Have a little faith in me, it's 3/16" steel. When you see the final installation, you will understand. Edited by autotr8er2

The forces present are not only outside the logo. This is not the same as an a-arm where the space in between the legs is "free". You'll be fixing the right angle to the frame rail, so any loads will have to go "around" the logo cut-out, you're well boxed out to prevent twisting motion, but the stress concentrations induced around those areas are going to wear your parts out faster. A circle cutout would have been a much better choice, not all negative space is created equal.

I get that it's 3/16" steel, but when (this is not a matter of if) you wind up fatigue cracking those inside corners from the cutouts and destroying your suspension, that will be a pretty awful fix to have to make.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable or hate on the work you have done, from what I have seen the fabrication is of high quality, and I certainly don't want to detract from your ambitions on this project. I want this to be as awesome and reliable (and safe) as possible.

Looking forward to the next update. :)

Air Ride, Baby!!! Body is still sitting above the frame. Next step is to take the chassis to an alignment shop to verify everything is where it's supposed to be. Enjoy the video!

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/autotr8er/Mobile%20Uploads/th_56785D01-7C22-493C-9F9E-683F95803C10.jpg

Edited by autotr8er2