R.I.P. Paul Walker

TexasQuest

So this morning I had a movie car to deliver into that area near the crash site. I went and checked out the site.

I don't quite understand how the accident happened. The car was traveling up an inclined road with a gradual curve veering right. Logically if you're going fast ona turn, you're gonna keep going straight and crash. But the car veered hard into the curve crashing on the inner part, almost like it boomeranged.

People have left all kinds of stuff at the site, nitrous bottle, a big'ole turbo, steering wheels, all the FNF movie collection, gloves, model cars etc. I'm waiting on someone to leave a Recarro seat! lol

Sad turn of events really. 15 year old daughter he left behind. The other guy, Roger Rodas had a family he left behind. Can't imagine how surreal all this must feel.

judging by your description of what you think happened, it may be possible the tires lost traction and they spun out. i will try to find a video of this happening on a track. I suspect they were pushing the car(possibly testing the car's manners in a certain situation with traction control turned off) and I am sure it felt very stable but the Carerra GT is a mid engined v10 with about 650bhp, so who knows how fast they were going. for those of you who own or have friends with mid engine cars the over-steer is like a switch. there is no warning or not enough time to react when they let go.

• Engine[6]
    • Drivetrain layout: Mid-engine RWD
    • Engine type: 68° V10, aluminium block and heads
    • Valve gear: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder (40 valves total), variable valve timing on intake camshafts, sodium-cooled exhaust valves
    • Bore x stroke: 3.86 in (98.04 mm) x 2.99 in (75.95 mm), Nikasil coated bores, forged titanium connecting rods, forged pistons
    • Displacement, ci/cc: 349.8/5733
    • Compression ratio: 12.0:1
    • Max SAE net horsepower: 612 hp (456 kW)[7] at 8,000 rpm
    • Max SAE net torque,: 435 lb·ft (590 N·m) at 5,800 rpm
    • Specific output, hp/liter: 105.5
    • Weight to power, lb/hp: 5.4
    • Transmission: 6-speed manual, two plate ceramic dry clutch (PCCC-Porsche Ceramic Composite Clutch)
    • Redline: 8,400 rpm

• Performance
    • Drag Coefficient: 0.39[9]
    • 0-60 mph (97 km/h) : 3.8 seconds[6]
    • 0-100 mph (160 km/h) : 6.9 seconds[6]
    • 1/4 mile: 11.1 seconds @ 133.4 mph (214.7 km/h)[6]
    • Top speed: 205 mph (330 km/h)
    • elasticity 80–120 km/h 4,0 seconds (in fifth gear) (official data)
    • Braking 100 mph (160 km/h) to 0: 277 feet (84 m)[6]
    • Braking 60 mph (97 km/h) to 0: 101 feet (31 m)[6]
    • 200 ft (61 m) skidpad, ave g: 0.99[6]

and thats a stock one.

for those of you who own or have friends with mid engine cars the over-steer is like a switch. there is no warning or not enough time to react when they let go.

I don't know it's so much of enough time to react, nor that there is no warning. In my experience with a few of them both mid and rear. It's more that when it lets go, the weight just pulls it the rest of the way into a full washout and sliding though the grass. If you do get it loose, even right at the edge where most cars you could drive them right though it, the mid and especialy rear motor cars just seem to get worse, and snap even more viloently the other way. Some are even very deceving (rear motors mainly) and feel like your going to save them, come back in line then seem to just accelerate past the center line in the other direction.

I would like it to, you know when your on slick roads in the winter and you go to move and the tires just brake loose, once there loose that is all they do is just spin until you fully stop them and then try and start the car off slow again. Same thing for mid rear motor cars. Once they start to wash out, you might as well let them go till they stop, then just start over again.

just knowing that i tend to favor the front engine cars. Some of the older guys i hang with who now own high end German cars have survived/saved their tails and cars from some serious wash out on the I95, back in the 90's when they owned 5.0 fox mustangs. The guy i am talking about had a 5.0 turbo when nobody had one. He pieced the thing together. Fuel was handled by re-calibrated maf and 42lb injectors. no tuning needed. he sold that car. After he recounted a few close calls in that mustang, I asked why he sold it and he said he knew it would kill him. Carerra GT truly belongs on the track. I am going to see if i can find what the real pro drivers are saying about that car.

Sad indeed, but I'm a little disappointed in a lot of what I've been hearing on Facebook and such.

Maybe it's just the assortment of friends I have and the fact that many are younger, but I didn't see even half as much grief and outpouring, even for Carroll Shelby.

People are losing their minds and crying themselves to sleep over it. Really?!?! The dude lived a charmed life, and many people would trade lives with him in a heartbeat, even if his wasn't very long.

Dude died extremely quickly in a car most of us would never have a chance to ride in or own, doing what he loved most- going fast.

He also died while laws were being broken. They were at least speeding VERY fast, and possibly street racing with someone else.

The guy may have been an inspiration to many car guys, but don't feel bad for the life he lived. There's troops dying with nothing and far from home, babies dying because of neglectful parents and wives dying at the hands of abusive husbands. I'd argue deaths like that are the REAL tragedies we all see and hear about but never bat an eye at. Sad.

All that said, my heart goes out to his family, and it's obvious he will be missed. RIP.

• Like 1

Sad indeed, but I'm a little disappointed in a lot of what I've been hearing on Facebook and such.

Maybe it's just the assortment of friends I have and the fact that many are younger, but I didn't see even half as much grief and outpouring, even for Carroll Shelby.

People are losing their minds and crying themselves to sleep over it. Really?!?! The dude lived a charmed life, and many people would trade lives with him in a heartbeat, even if his wasn't very long.

Dude died extremely quickly in a car most of us would never have a chance to ride in or own, doing what he loved most- going fast.

He also died while laws were being broken. They were at least speeding VERY fast, and possibly street racing with someone else.

The guy may have been an inspiration to many car guys, but don't feel bad for the life he lived. There's troops dying with nothing and far from home, babies dying because of neglectful parents and wives dying at the hands of abusive husbands. I'd argue deaths like that are the REAL tragedies we all see and hear about but never bat an eye at. Sad.

All that said, my heart goes out to his family, and it's obvious he will be missed. RIP.

This be true. There's a quote from him floating around that if speed ever kills him, don't cry because he died smiling. Thought it was BS but it was on his daughter's facebook.

And yes, there countless of lives lost daily to hunger, poverty, disease, violence, drugs and not to forget our service men and woman.

But it's the public impact that famous people have that binds people together.

• Like 1

Paul Walker: Murdered For Digging Too Deep?

http://beforeitsnews...os-2456894.html

:blink:

I was thinking about something along these lines.

It's always sad when someone leaves this earth, and my deepest condolences to his family over his loss. But I don't believe the s*** we're given to swallow. I believe in conspiracies and think this is just another covered lie, or a secret that will never come to light.

Welcome to the world we live in.

Edited by AshyBone

I don't know it's so much of enough time to react, nor that there is no warning. In my experience with a few of them both mid and rear. It's more that when it lets go, the weight just pulls it the rest of the way into a full washout and sliding though the grass. If you do get it loose, even right at the edge where most cars you could drive them right though it, the mid and especialy rear motor cars just seem to get worse, and snap even more viloently the other way. Some are even very deceving (rear motors mainly) and feel like your going to save them, come back in line then seem to just accelerate past the center line in the other direction.

I would like it to, you know when your on slick roads in the winter and you go to move and the tires just brake loose, once there loose that is all they do is just spin until you fully stop them and then try and start the car off slow again. Same thing for mid rear motor cars. Once they start to wash out, you might as well let them go till they stop, then just start over again.

I know what you mean. I've dealt with it personally. While it wasn't a rear engine car my old toyota dually was tail heavy because of the service body. In the wet once the rear started sliding you were a passenger. In a dry slide once it caught traction it snapped back so fast you didn't have time to straighten the wheel before you were heading the wrong direction. It was a scary vehicle to try to mess around in so after the first dry slide I never attempted another one.

I keep reading all these conspiracy theorists about secret organization taking people out.

This was just an unfortunate event. The driver pushed the car hard and lost control resulting in their death. Even the experienced race car drivers make mistakes and that's on race tracks. They unfortunately were in a car going fast in a public street.

I see the facebook and the internet flooded with people organizing "Paul Walker Memorial" events, cruises, car meets etc.

There is one taking place this Sunday where I hear FnF cars will be at the crash site. My friend in the picture car business owns one of FnF Skylines and I even hear the Eclipse from part 1 is being resurrected from storage.

Should be interesting, I plan to be there. My in laws live just 3 or miles away so makes it convenient for me.

One major difference is Paul Walker's death was untimely and unexpected. Carroll Shelby had been in bad health for awhile before he died.

I met him 4 times in my life, i did some work on set and would see him in a golf cart. he even bought my lunch the last time i met him. always made me laugh and even knew my name. Im riding home from San Diego today, stopping by the crash site to pay my respects. He was more of a humanitarian than anything. R.I.P Paul..

funny how everyone is all RIP paul, but no one cares about the other guy in the car.. thats sad.. two lives were lost here people..

I don't care about the other guy in all honesty. Didn't affect me Paul walker influenced me. Other dude is also responsible. And don't do that, just because people aren't saying rip roger because they didn't grow up watching him and learn to love cars from him. Bus crash happens, you don't say rip bus 167 no you are gonna be sad about your dad on that bus someone who influenced you. Just saying dont be so dramatic.

• Like 1