Future JZ style swaps?

jjohnson

3.0 N series BMW inline 6 motors.

Fairly stout, not much to correct, and stock bottom ends will handle allot, just look at what HPF do with them.

Edited by jszucs

The way the environmentally friendly stuff is going, you're more likely to see hybrid or electric performance motors than gasoline. Gasoline engines are for the most part being made to consume least amount of fuel. So performance gad powered engines are slowly gonna fade away.

There will be some automakers that like BMW and Mercedes still pushing performance. But I don't see this being a trend 20 years from now.

Have you'll seen the new Mercedes CLA 2.0 tubo. AMG tuned that sucker to push 355HP and almost equal in torque.

• Like 1

Have you'll seen the new Mercedes CLA 2.0 tubo. AMG tuned that sucker to push 355HP and almost equal in torque.

You realize thats common anymore right? My 2.0 VW motor put out 205 HP and 211 torq stock, with a retune, downpipe, and intake put down 295 HP and 305 torq That is without maxing it out on boost, only simple bolt on stuff (DP not even full turbo back exaust), and there is LOTS more that could be done to it including raising boost. With a proper header, and a turbo not made for MPG and efficency a rework of stock fuel pump and upsizing injectors 400 HP is easy.

I think it's going to be the FR-S boxer engine or the Hyundai Genesis 2.0T engine. Both of these engines are stout, have a ton of aftermarket support already, and will be available to buy as a crate motor soon.

I think he's looking for something more you can upgrade to the moon in stock form. The Subi motor will handle more stock then Hundai with less problems, but still not upgradeable like a JZ

Subi motor your also doing everything twice and buying 2 parts atleast the topend related stuff.

Edited by jszucs

for the poor mans pocket book I can't see any thing better or cheaper then the 2.4 truck with a turbo dsm 2.0 head being done cheaper with any thing else

I swear you don't read, this thread is about newer motors being swapped.

New motors are going to be harder and harder to swap in because of the technology incorporated into the engine managment like the abs, gauges, etc.

The 1995 to 2005 years are going to be best as far as swappablity and power potential, think JZ RB SR LSX S50 etc

for the poor mans pocket book I can't see any thing better or cheaper then the 2.4 truck with a turbo dsm 2.0 head being done cheaper with any thing else

Depends on what you want, and what your calling better. After getting my taste of direct injection..... I want more. The gains just in retune are AMAZING. Almost 100 HP increase for 2 pipes, and software.

Thinking alone those lines now though..... how about the new GM V6's? They are making what 300 HP N/A stock? the question would be how much more can they handle, and how much can it handle before it starts with the little stupid problems is key.

New motors are going to be harder and harder to swap in because of the technology incorporated into the engine managment like the abs, gauges, etc.

In my situaiton the tec really scares me with this car. I have to drop 600 on a programer just so I can do "basics" like IDK changing trans fluid.

However that tec is also where it's making such power, and things like variable intake runners while tec allow for that.

Scotty said> I swear you don't read, this thread is about newer motors being swapped.

The 1995 to 2005 years are going to be best as far as swappablity and power potential, think JZ RB SR LSX S50 etc

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

I can't read ?? your one that has a problem reading, half the guys going MPI can't even tune a MS let alone understand

an OBll system

Scotty said> I swear you don't read, this thread is about newer motors being swapped.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

I can't read ?? your one that has a problem reading, half the guys going MPI can't even tune a MS let alone understand

an OBll system

OBDII system is LIGHTYEARS behind even a MS1 extra. Do they even use OBDII anymore other then having to allow for the OBDII complient access port. Havent all new cars gown to the new gateway format.

And the only miss I see is thinking "The 1995 to 2005 years are going to be best as far as swappablity and power potential" Yes they are going to be allot more easily swapped but the power output on the latest tec is SICK. 300 HP from a N/A V6 not 10 years ago it was AMAZING if you were making over 200 HP for a N/A V6.

Other then having to run a mechanical fuel pump to hit my 120 bar I need for my fuel presure I'm convinced direct injection is where it's at.

However that tec is also where it's making such power, and things like variable intake runners while tec allow for that.

Acura has had that technology since the 80s in the Acura legends. But when it comes time to making big power most guys remove it and run turbos. My point is when the auto manufactures started incorporating the technology into the ecu via electronic actuators is when it became more difficult to modify. My fear is that they are no longer going to make their software tunable. Like I was saying integrating wheel speed sensors into the ecu so that if you do not integrate the sensors into your swap that the ecu throws a code and the motor goes into limp mode. I know this from experience because a friend of mine swapped a newer VR6 motor into his mkii hatch and he ended up dumping the swap because he could not easily use the original cars abs wheel and G-sensor and without that information the ecu constantly went into limp mode. I do realize that aftermarket ECUs could be used to tune the engine. I guess what I'm saying is that the years I posted up above are going to be the easiest to swap and make power out of without the added expense of aftermarket ECUs and such that these newer motors are going to require when doing a swap.

Good point Scott & Shelby , to make these swaps happen someone is going to half to some how reprogram the computers to run WO the original Guage cluster abs system etc. My friend that has a body shop that buys cars from the salvage sale was telling me I guess on YouTube they put a new f150 turbo through an endurance test . They ran the sheit out of it then they took the motor out and put it in a baha type chassis and ran it in Mexico only changing the oil . For me I can get most anaything at the sale find a scrap title one just trashed . I'm thinking sooner or later they're going to stop making things like water pumps oil pumps etc for the g54b right.

Call me crazy but i will put money on it that there will NEVER be another inline 6 from the factory that can do what a 2jz can do.

Id say that's fair as we are hitting the 200 hp mark with stock 4 cyl now.

You realize thats common anymore right? My 2.0 VW motor put out 205 HP and 211 torq stock, with a retune, downpipe, and intake put down 295 HP and 305 torq That is without maxing it out on boost, only simple bolt on stuff (DP not even full turbo back exaust), and there is LOTS more that could be done to it including raising boost. With a proper header, and a turbo not made for MPG and efficency a rework of stock fuel pump and upsizing injectors 400 HP is easy.

I'm aware of this. Todays engines are making more HP than 20 years ago.

As for the 2JZ and other rivals. I gotta Mitsubishi 4G63 of the same era were very good powerplants.

Currently, I don't see any engine swaps that are in the same territory except maybe Nissan V6's.