PQs quest for sale

Cloud81918

Not mine of course. People have mixed feelings about the man, but in surfing around CL I ran into his car for sale.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4054313392.html

I saw the car up close earlier this year and it is mechanically ironed out as you would expect. Needless to say the body needs some attention and it is listed pretty darn high.

Last I saw him he was in pretty rough shape. Hope he is doing ok.

PQ is probably one of the most knowledgible of the Starquesters. He didn't take any short cuts when he was mechanically & electrically rebuilding and upgrading his own personal '87 Quest. This is a New Mexico car that has minimial, if any, rust. I suggest that you guys look at and price out the cost of the up grades that he has done - it amounts to some very substantial amounts of money. Just the turbo and suspension mod parts, if you can find 'em, would amount to about $2500 in todays market place. Then add in the cost of the new front spoiler, $450.00, if you can find one ................

If I had the money, I would buy this Starquest in a heart beat. Why? Cuz mechanically and electrically the car is better than OEM new from the factory, and I would have damn near a rust free body that only needs paint.

Plus - notice that he is also including some spare parts in the deal. ;)

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Don't "P" him off by leading him down the primrose lane saying that you'll buy the car when in fact all you want to do is screw with him or post derogatory remarks about him on line. If you do you'll be PO'ing me off too.

By the way the car's exterior color is Shetland Beige Metallic, S-83.

I can vouch that mechanically it is well gone through. Under the hood it is an amazingly clean for a G54B powered car. I thought I had some picture from when I visited with him a while back, but can't seem to find them. The car is also swapped to manual steering, which again cleans the car up a lot. While there are probably better looking cars out there, no doubt this is probably the most gone through.

Honestly, I think that he could probably sell it very quickly if the curb appeal could be upped a bit. He knows a lot of folks in town and could probably get a pretty good deal on a re-spray, I'm sort of surprised he didn't go that route as that is probably the only fault with the car.

Certainly this is a great place for rust free cars. for example, below is my passenger wheel well. Some folks are battling rust and then on top of that have to paint their cars. PQ's car will probably be as clean as mine rust wise, so if you want a rust free ironed out car, it probably is a pretty decent deal. Better than battling rust.

59908_158839907465101_5584375_n.jpg

Overall I think this thread has been pretty reasonable and adult considering some of the back and forth I've seen about PQ in the past. I try to stay out of that stuff since it doesn't involve me. But there is no doubt that PQ has added quite a bit to the knowledge base of these cars and I see his car selling as something of interest to the community as a whole. I'm not certain of this ads full meaning; If he is leaving Starquests or if his health has worsened, but I hope for the best for him.

Edited by Cloud81918