16g in a 12a

bigjoe

I need help and what to get. For my turbo rebuilt I want to put a 16g compressor wheel and housing on my 12a I kno I need to get machine but if some one has done this mod before can u put me or give me direction

you have to have the center cartridge milled out for the bigger wheel, change the backplate for the angled back of the wheel instead of flat for the 12a, and you have to have the compressor housing milled out for the bigger wheel. all in all, its cheaper to get a complete 16g, put your exhaust turbine in it, and put it on the car

or atleast alot less work

Contact Gerry at G-Pop Shop, I had this done with mine... I sent him a new 16G wheel from Kinugawa ($99 I think), and they charged me $125 for the machine work, $60 for balancing and $18 shipping.... pretty cheap IMO

and they even put her back together ( I'd rebuilt it with a superback (curved) kit, before I sent it)

-N8

Edited by natallica

• 3 weeks later...
I'll also vouch for the Kinugawa/Kamak Dynamics stuff. Its cheap, but the quality doesn't seem too bad. I rebuilt my TD05-16G with bits from them, and used one of their larger compressor covers. All balanced up fine and runs very well :-).

I need help and what to get. For my turbo rebuilt I want to put a 16g compressor wheel and housing on my 12a I kno I need to get machine but if some one has done this mod before can u put me or give me direction

What are you going to do with the Exhaust side? What goes in must come out. If it was me, I would just buy a bolt up16g.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308