aem wideband and megasquirt

So my aem gauge is reading differently then megatune. I set the ms to what the aem instructions said per 14.7 air fuel, i was about to start adjusting the ms until megatune matched what the gauge showed but before i did that i wanted to ask here what settings people usd for the aem

there are 2 different AEM options in the main settings

though its also possible you have the older non compatible one. one of the older models, i dont remember the model, you had to manually program the config for the output.

see if tuner studio will read correctly. btw im running a aem wideband no problems, but mine may be newer

My laptop wont run tunerstudio, thats why im still using megatune. I went out and played with the car a bit and found out when i changed the code in the configurator it didnt save my changes, so i went back in and changed to the aem sensor and made sure it had saved.

I didnt get a chance to pull the car out of my garage today so the next time i get a chance ill find out if it worked

Also my aem is a brand new unit

My laptop wont run tunerstudio, thats why im still using megatune. I went out and played with the car a bit and found out when i changed the code in the configurator it didnt save my changes, so i went back in and changed to the aem sensor and made sure it had saved.

I didnt get a chance to pull the car out of my garage today so the next time i get a chance ill find out if it worked

Also my aem is a brand new unit

why wont it run tuner? no java installed?

• 2 weeks later...

i have never gotten mine to read right either. in fact i dont even let ms see my wideband or narrowband o2. if it sees either the car starts acting stupid and does all sorts of crazy stuff. nowadays i just keep it set to read w no o2 and its just all map based.

i tried going in and manually setting up the values, i tried it as a generic wideband, even tried the listings for other widebands to see if it might like one of those, but no cigar. there is some info on the ms boards but i didnt find any of it that was truly helpfull. even spoke w matt at diy and his response was some people just seem to have random problems like that. lol.

i am under the impression that different versions of code work better in these cases. like the msextra codes. however i had a hell of a time getting my car to act right and tuned, so now that its up and running well, im not so sure i want to go messing w it to change the code. maybe some day jut not now. i will just go without a o2.

My AEM UEGO unit says that it's setup for 0V=10:1 and 5V=20:1. I had to configure tunerstudio to match this. As a result, My AEM gauge typically is very close to what Tunerstudio says.

reminds me of when i had to manually add my NGK NTK Powderdex. god i loved that wideband, but such a headache to setup

I have read that variances are due to two independent 5V sources, one on megasquirt and one on the wideband. I think you just have to figure out what you've got and recalibrate the voltage curve in the *.ini file.

Pure I am betting you have the exact same circut fried on your MS that was on mine. Is it a MS2? If so they had some problem with the processors for MS2 for awhile. Mine would not take a wideband 02 value to save it's sole. Sent it to Scott to fix and back in biz.

As for the voltages being off. DO NOT put your o2 heater and 02 sensor grounds together as it says. Ground the sensor to MS ground, and ground the 02 heater seprate. Also DO NOT power o2 heater and 02 gage off the same power, and make sure 02 power is not powered off same power as MS ether.

After i reset the megatune config file it appears mine is working fine. Ill be playing with it more after i get the car reinspected (failed lasr weekend due to bad wheel bearing and the rear main seal leaking), but i have been paying more attention t the gauge the megatune at the moment