If you had a Mighty Max....

89PalermoSHP

Would you,

(all of these choices would be turbo, of course)

1. Get one with a g54b and do the SOHC swap?

2. Get one with the wideblock and do the hybrid DOHC?

3. Get any of them and swap a complete narrow 4G63 and go with a Bill Hincher bellhousing?

Im going crazy not having a project and have been on the hunt for a nice, rust-free Mighty Max. I want something fun and quick, say high 200's hp/tq max and the good things being a homeowner and having a pickup bring.

The only "must" is it needs to have power steering if that makes one or more of the options more difficult.

Thanks for the input in advance!

If manual I say get one with a narrow block swap a 4g63t out of a dsm. Wiring harness and ecu also.

If automatic, I say a 5.3l gm v8. Probably the cheaper option.

The narrow 63 sounded like the most solid option to me. DOHC over SOHC and a complete engine assembled as designed makes the most sense.

Any leads on a nice truck? Ive been scouring CL in the southern states but everyone must think Im a scammer since Im out of state lol. Im planning a little something for someone who can find a facilitate an out of state sale. If your in need of a new underhood insulator blanket, keep your eyes peeled!

This one looks tempting lol :D

http://hickory.craig...3942685539.html

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

if you stay 88 or newer the floor tunnel will take eather a 5 spd or an auto trans

if money was no object my choice would be the truck 2.4 forged low comp pistons say 8:1 and add oil squirters , then slap a 2.0 DOHC head on it , use the DSM turbo ecu and wireing , and go quest auto tranny but thats just me i'd rather rebuild an auto trans ever 4 yrs then be replaceing clutches and PP once a yr

theres, several ways of going the 2.4 several ways to go a few have done the 2.4 with stock piston

and no oil squirters but we all know a low safe boost is gona get old real quick

pistons and adding oil squirters would add agood chunk to the cost but that would be the thing to do

besides the narrow MM 5 spd won't handle what your looking for in hp

option 4

small block mopar / 904 trans

:D

theres is a better option then the 904 , it's the LA (727) 904 , it's a 904 with 727 internals came in full size vans with 318 and 360 engines but the quest 4 spd auto will do what he needs and have OD

altho he already said he don't like auto trans :)